Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Possibly not related to the atmosphere but we had 3 Arsenal fans sat in front of us today in block G1 and they were openly supporting 'their team'. One had an Arsenal shirt on under his coat and one had a 'Come on you Gunners' lock screen on his phone. They were constantly filming every Arsenal attack and were blatantly rooting for the opposition. it was mentioned to a steward by myself after about 20 minutes and all he said was 'are they causing any trouble?' As they weren't at the time it was just a 'OK thanks we will keep an eye on them'. With 5 minutes of the match left it became to much to put up with and they were challenged about their arrogance in blatantly supporting the opposition. An argument soon spread around us but luckily it didn't escalate any further but it could have easily turned nasty. I have emailed the club asking them to explain their rules regarding away fans in the home section.

Just now, BigMicky said:

Haha, what a truly middle class tory response  from UFS. Stand there and do nothing like a bunch of spoilt teenagers. The self importance is astounding. You won't be missed.

As with most posters, I didn't notice until coming on here.

As an aside, it was flat due to the majority of fans believing Arsenal would turn us over before a ball was kicked. 

Great fan you are

Just now, NAKC20 said:

Possibly not related to the atmosphere but we had 3 Arsenal fans sat in front of us today in block G1 and they were openly supporting 'their team'. One had an Arsenal shirt on under his coat and one had a 'Come on you Gunners' lock screen on his phone. They were constantly filming every Arsenal attack and were blatantly rooting for the opposition. it was mentioned to a steward by myself after about 20 minutes and all he said was 'are they causing any trouble?' As they weren't at the time it was just a 'OK thanks we will keep an eye on them'. With 5 minutes of the match left it became to much to put up with and they were challenged about their arrogance in blatantly supporting the opposition. An argument soon spread around us but luckily it didn't escalate any further but it could have easily turned nasty. I have emailed the club asking them to explain their rules regarding away fans in the home section.

Why didn’t you do something about it then instead of telling the stewards ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

When people pull attention seeking stunts its going to get people talking and having a pop. I think some of the stuff they’ve done is great especially the tifos but at the same time I dont think they are above reproach either. Some of them come across as highly arrogant and entitled, they definitely could have handled the seat moving situation better but for a lot of them the first response was to rub it in the faces of those that were displaced rather than being supportive. Also over the years i’ve seen plenty of them go at their own fans in the stadiums and online. 

I know its a highly contentious topic on here and among fans but personally I don’t think it makes you a better supporter if you sing for 90 minutes or not and the elitist attitude those that do sing for 90 minutes take to those that dont really doesnt sit well with me at all. 

I don’t have a horse in this race to be fair, I was just pointing out there is a group of people on here who cannot wait to pile in on UFS at any opportunity 

7 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

What's the issue though?  Surely you can control yourself.

5 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

😂😂This is the future my friend. The club will be loving this, we can be the Fulham of the Midlands and have one giant mixed stadium, where fans of both teams can come together and enjoy the game together.

In regards to are they causing trouble question, if someone had of manned up and kicked off with them, they would have then been causing trouble merely by being there.

We are a laughing stock.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

😂😂This is the future my friend. The club will be loving this, we can be the Fulham of the Midlands and have one giant mixed stadium, where fans of both teams can come together and enjoy the game together.

In regards to are they causing trouble question, if someone had of manned up and kicked off with them, they would have then been causing trouble merely by being there.

We are a laughing stock.

“If someone had of manned up and kicked off with them” 

How old are you, 11?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

What's the issue though?  Surely you can control yourself.

What an arrogant comment!! Surly you are not that dumb to know  what the issue is here?? On second thoughts you probably are, with city fans struggling to get tickets and Away fans seating in them same seats, and stewards knowing and not even doing anything about it it’s a big security risk, and today was lucky it didn’t escalate into trouble, somewhere else in the ground it probably would, so yea it is an issue!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

What an arrogant comment!! Surly you are not that dumb to know  what the issue is here?? On second thoughts you probably are, with city fans struggling to get tickets and Away fans seating in them same seats, and stewards knowing and not even doing anything about it it’s a big security risk, and today was lucky it didn’t escalate into trouble, somewhere else in the ground it probably would, so yea it is an issue!! 

Surely they got the tickets off city fans.

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's okay. Not everyone is of average intelligence 

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's okay. Not everyone is of average intelligence 

So you have made this personal by calling me thick, your retort strikes me as someone who is desperate. Care to reply to my intitial post with anything relevent or will you continue to throw petty insults.

• Like 1