Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

I didn't notice there was a protest, still don't know what it was about, still don't give a shit. 

Don't think the atmosphere carries as well as they think it does. I've had days in the kop korner at Filbert street and had a great time and found out from others at the other end that they could barely hear us and modern stadiums don't carry as well anyway. 

I'm in g2 and nobody near me noticed anything. 

Bad atmosphere, on the back of piss poor performance, but i guess their interpretation was that it was a shit performance because they didn't cheer them on. Dream on lads. Today was not exciting in advance due to getting pummelled by man u and knowing we were playing top of the league. 

Now I think about it, there was less of a droning to my left where a small group sing songs too fast that nobody knows the words, and before you give it the songbook bollocks, we never needed it in the past as the songs were good songs for football matches that caught on. 

Ps. We also didn't expect the whole stadium to join in, our singing sections were enough to create an atmosphere. 

Stop trying to tell others what to do and dictate to the club what you want. Stand near each other and sing, but don't moan when your songs are too shit to make others join in. 

Great post and says it all. It was a dull game and we were missing our best player against the best team this season so people were a bit deflated which is normal.

Artificially created singing unrelated to the mood of the crowd doesn’t work and never has. People aren’t goons willing to sing to any silly ditty some kid has cobbled together. They’ll sing what they want, when they want, just like in every other ground in the country.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

So the 'singing section" were making a protest today?

That's why it was quiet?

I take it they've been doing it for every game this season?

Was about to ask the same thing.

They protested , and anyone not at the game had no idea, because they are rarely heard

Was noticeably a lot quieter in the kop today without UnionFS participating, we already know the noise doesn’t travel well as you can’t hear L1/K1 in the kop ever and  the same inversed.

Whether they’re your cup of tea or not you can’t deny they enhance the atmosphere. 

It’s also amusing to see how much they rile up the Leicester Da’s, along with Maddison’s see through back packs.

• Like 1

What the actual mess of a thread this has become.

Let's state it now, the ground is like Fort Knox at the minute. Three or four layers of stewards on entry (what do they actually do other than the odd bag check btw?) In addition to an endless array of stewards in the home end. Some of them seemingly have nothing else to do that stare at fans and waltz up and down the stairs during the match.

All this talk about UFS. Isn't one of the main issues here the silence from the group about this protest? The whole debate that's been raging over the last few pages has been so haphazard and misplaced, and tbh I think that's because we have no idea why the protest happened.

People can be snarky about "lol no one saw it but everyone is talking about it" well yeah... But none of us have a friggin clue what's going on? My experience of home games is horrible atm and I'm not exactly Mr KPFC but how can anyone sympathise and side fully with a group when you don't have any information?

I'd like to know what's happened, why the need for the protest. I've no doubt it wasn't an easy decision, this is a group determined to enhance not just the overall atmosphere, but their own enjoyment of watching LCFC. To sacrifice that and make a statement probably isn't the nicest thing. However, other than rumour and conjecture there's no knowledge from us outside of the group about the circumstances that led to the last few pages. Instead of debating UFS themselves, we could've talked about one of the core issues that the club is alienating anyone not in what seems to be their key demographic - people who sit down and shut up.

If the group don't want us to know, that's absolutely your option, and it might even be tactical to ensure a relationship with the club's hierarchy remains. What it will do, though, is further feed the core group who will side with the club and seize any opportunity to degrade your achievements and objectives, as has already happened.

I've got no interest in attending the Blackburn game on Tuesday. The over stewarding is bad enough at away games but to port that to home games is just crap. That plus the atmosphere and overall enjoyment is terrible. We're in a right rut and other than a 15/16 style run I'm not sure how it'll be improved.

EDIT: Just to add because this really amused me yesterday. Plenty of people around me getting more worked up by where the opposition manager was standing than encouraging the players. Says a lot, and frankly made me feel like there were 30 Richard Keys clones in the crowd.

Edited by Footballwipe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Great post and says it all. It was a dull game and we were missing our best player against the best team this season so people were a bit deflated which is normal.

Artificially created singing unrelated to the mood of the crowd doesn’t work and never has. People aren’t goons willing to sing to any silly ditty some kid has cobbled together. They’ll sing what they want, when they want, just like in every other ground in the country.

Is this a serious post? Good grief.

7 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I didn't notice there was a protest, still don't know what it was about, still don't give a shit. 

Don't think the atmosphere carries as well as they think it does. I've had days in the kop korner at Filbert street and had a great time and found out from others at the other end that they could barely hear us and modern stadiums don't carry as well anyway. 

I'm in g2 and nobody near me noticed anything. 

Bad atmosphere, on the back of piss poor performance, but i guess their interpretation was that it was a shit performance because they didn't cheer them on. Dream on lads. Today was not exciting in advance due to getting pummelled by man u and knowing we were playing top of the league. 

Now I think about it, there was less of a droning to my left where a small group sing songs too fast that nobody knows the words, and before you give it the songbook bollocks, we never needed it in the past as the songs were good songs for football matches that caught on. 

Ps. We also didn't expect the whole stadium to join in, our singing sections were enough to create an atmosphere. 

Stop trying to tell others what to do and dictate to the club what you want. Stand near each other and sing, but don't moan when your songs are too shit to make others join in. 

Is the irony littered throughout this post deliberate or not?  It's given me a good giggle anyway, so well done.

No wonder we only had 1 shot off target today!!

On a serious note I did mention to the guy I sit next to the ground was particularly flat and I didn’t know about any protest. I thought it was because I was feeling rough and the game from us was pathetic.

not a fan of UFS at all but yesterday goes to show what a huge difference they make to the atmosphere. Yesterday was a reminder of how poor it was in the early days after the move. 
it was quite obvious to me that it was some sort of protest - I mentioned it to my lad in the first half. 
I hope the club are aware of the over-zealous stewarding in Sk1 and do something about it but I doubt they will. 
it was only a one game protest wasn’t it? Would hate it to be like that every week. 

8 minutes ago, Channies6thswan said:

not a fan of UFS at all but yesterday goes to show what a huge difference they make to the atmosphere. Yesterday was a reminder of how poor it was in the early days after the move. 
it was quite obvious to me that it was some sort of protest - I mentioned it to my lad in the first half. 
I hope the club are aware of the over-zealous stewarding in Sk1 and do something about it but I doubt they will. 
it was only a one game protest wasn’t it? Would hate it to be like that every week. 

I was always suspicious that the club gave the go ahead after being so resistant to the idea for the best part of 15 years. 

I think their tactic is coming out now and they wanted to group these lads together and start picking them off like fish in a barrel. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Genuine question, why are you not a fan of them at all? The tifos that they produce are great, they vastly improve our horrific home atmosphere and they organise food banks for the homeless. Not sure why people can be against that personally. 

All of that stuff is fantastic and not many people dispute that. For me its the abusive nature of some of the members or those that associate themselves with them. 

There is a chunk of them that take the view that they are in essence superior to other fans because they chant, sing or whatever most games and they think it gives them the right to belittle and abuse those that don’t. You see it in the stands and online all the time. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

I was always suspicious that the club gave the go ahead after being so resistant to the idea for the best part of 15 years. 

I think their tactic is coming out now and they wanted to group these lads together and start picking them off like fish in a barrel. 

If you aren’t doing anything wrong then how can they pick them off like fish in a barrel? Bit of a woe is me culture 

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

All of that stuff is fantastic and not many people dispute that. For me its the abusive nature of some of the members or those that associate themselves with them. 

There is a chunk of them that take the view that they are in essence superior to other fans because they chant, sing or whatever most games and they think it gives them the right to belittle and abuse those that don’t. You see it in the stands and online all the time. 

I don’t think it’s superiority, more frustration. When you see fanbases across Europe, and increasingly in England (Palace, Arsenal, even Forest) chanting from 0-90, it’s frustrating to see the reluctance of our support to chant, as well as the clubs pretty public messaging that rowdy support is not acceptable. It’s everything that football is traditionally not. Whether it’s because the club has ultimately lost its relationship with its working class roots or not, match day is miserable and has been since before covid. 

Ultimately there is no identity to being a Leicester fan now, we’re just another cog in the football money ball wheel. Union FS provide that connection to something a bit more holistic. That will come with resistance both ways.

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 3