Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I don’t think it’s superiority, more frustration. When you see fanbases across Europe, and increasingly in England (Palace, Arsenal, even Forest) chanting from 0-90, it’s frustrating to see the reluctance of our support to chant, as well as the clubs pretty public messaging that rowdy support is not acceptable. It’s everything that football is traditionally not. Whether it’s because the club has ultimately lost its relationship with its working class roots or not, match day is miserable and has been since before covid. 

Ultimately there is no identity to being a Leicester fan now, we’re just another cog in the football money ball wheel. Union FS provide that connection to something a bit more holistic. That will come with resistance both ways.

I understand that and i’m very supportive of a better atmosphere. However i’ve seen many people outright say and suggest that fans that dont participate are not welcome and are a waste of a space. That attitude doesnt sit right with me at all. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I understand that and i’m very supportive of a better atmosphere. However i’ve seen many people outright say and suggest that fans that dont participate are not welcome and are a waste of a space. That attitude doesnt sit right with me at all. 

And you know it's UFS who are saying that? 

Don't think I've ever heard them as a group or individuals make such comments 

I’m not part of Union FS but fans who sing and get behind the team are 1000% better supporters than fans who sit on their hands all game in silence waiting for something to happen. Not bothered if you’re going to get offended by that but it’s the truth. “Supporters” literally has it in the name. Those who actually support the team by singing and getting behind them are bigger supporters than those who don’t.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I am not a member of ufs but I think they are superior to most of our other fans. Reason being they actually support the team. There is a difference between supporting the team and just attending,  like most of the other 27,000 mutes that attend and want to be entertained.

Dont take it personal that they are superior supporters to you, you are probably good at DIY or something. We can’t all be good supporters. Some just come for the tea (in porcelain mugs) and sandwiches (from a lunchbox). These types are not good fans but they could probably knit you a jumper for Christmas whereas i doubt anyone from ufs could.

You need to get laid mate. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dames said:

All of that stuff is fantastic and not many people dispute that. For me its the abusive nature of some of the members or those that associate themselves with them. 

There is a chunk of them that take the view that they are in essence superior to other fans because they chant, sing or whatever most games and they think it gives them the right to belittle and abuse those that don’t. You see it in the stands and online all the time. 

Fair enough 

Just now, Lako42 said:

And you know it's UFS who are saying that? 

Don't think I've ever heard them as a group or individuals make such comments 

Just go look on twitter at what a lot of people who either have UFS in their bio or associate themselves with them. Its a lot more prevalent on line and its even coming out in this thread now. 

Heard them chant many times at their own fans too, ‘loyal supporters’ ‘where were you when we were shit’ etc. 

Just go look on twitter at what a lot of people who either have UFS in their bio or associate themselves with them. Its a lot more prevalent on line and its even coming out in this thread now. 

Heard them chant many times at their own fans too, ‘loyal supporters’ ‘where were you when we were shit’ etc. 

hahahah you’re literally just making stuff up now. You clearly have an agenda 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Heard them chant many times at their own fans too, ‘loyal supporters’ ‘where were you when we were shit’ etc

lol you bare faced fibber.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

You need to grow up mate. You’re probably above the age of 40 going at a group of young lads at the football because they took your seat that you love so much 

I’m none of these things but the same can be said for groups of young lads that are only brave enough to either have a go at old folks in the stands or people on the internet. 

I’m none of these things but the same can be said for groups of young lads that are only brave enough to either have a go at old folks in the stands or people on the internet. 

So why is it okay for old folks and other people to have a go at these groups of young lads and can’t take it when they get a response they don’t like? 

Edited by Lcfc098

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The burden of proof isn't on me. If you've any footage of UFS members singing that kind of muck then I'd be interested to see it.

I’m not weird enough to go and film a group of lads to win an argument on the internet sorry. Its been sung and more than once. Our fans are shit to each other, they always have been. 

I’m not weird enough to go and film a group of lads to win an argument on the internet sorry. Its been sung and more than once. Our fans are shit to each other, they always have been. 

Convenient. Guess people will just have to take your word for it then... :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Dames said:

For what it's worth I've been a season ticket holder since the great escape season sitting right next to Sk1 and I've never heard anything like that.

• Like 3