Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Think we're in the good atmosphere when good, bad atmosphere when poor' camp but so are the vast majority of teams, maybe someone like Leeds being the exception.

Been to only a few games rather than STH though so might just be the games I've been at.

Edited by Nalis

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Its been sung plenty of times it might not be directly by these guys and i’ll back down on that but our supporters love nothing more than going at each other.

So you admit you just completely fabricated something to prove a point? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Quite sad reading this thread, when did supporting a football club become so complex and hard work.

As someone who sits H block there is not much going on in there but at the same time I don’t expect it be that raucous, if anything due to the age demographics.

If anything the singing section needs be encouraged, expanding and find its own little culture in terms of new songs etc and hope they come up with enough good ones that get picked up when the whole ground does get behind the team.

The club also needs a boot up the arse and bring in safe standing sections.

If people stopped being bothered and abusive towards people that weren’t doing what they think its right things would improve dramatically instantly.

It goes for both sides, the oldies that are mad about moving seats and the young lads mad about everyone not singing. Just live and let live. 

1 minute ago, TamworthFoxes said:

But that’s the main reason you don’t like them?!?

And now you have admitted it’s not even them!!?? 😂😂

I never said i didn’t like them, praised them plenty enough. My point and its been proven many times in this thread is that people either in the group, associated with them or wannabes are highly abusive towards our own fans and think they are better than them. Its something that I don’t like and i’ve called it out.

I don’t think it does anybody any favours when you’re going at your own fans but thats my opinion and others seem to think its okay so it is what it is. 

All i’ve done is said I cant directly attribute the chants to them. 

It’s not solely up to UFS to create an atmosphere.

Whatever way you look at it, players not closing opposition down at home and having 1 shot on goal in 90 minutes is hardly going to get anyone to strongly ‘get behind the lads’.

We were awful yesterday both on the pitch and in the stands. The game itself wasn’t exactly a master display to watch.

I don’t get the need for sub supporter groups like UFS but I don’t have any issue with them trying to improve things and promoting themselves to others who maybe interested. I hear they’re self funded and also found out that they decided to protest yesterday due to they way some of their members were treated at the Spurs game. 

My only thought on that would be that why the need to protest over 2 members disregarding what LCFC stewards believed to be behaviour that wasn’t warranted? What is this going to achieve? Not really sure the club give a f*** that UFS didn’t sing yesterday because of that?

• Like 2

We were level for 45 minutes against top of the league... The fans didn't even make an attempt to get behind their team in the early stages. 

It's really quite sad, especially when you consider what we would have been like on a few years ago. 

It's broken beyond fixing imo. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

We were level for 45 minutes against top of the league... The fans didn't even make an attempt to get behind their team in the early stages. 

It's really quite sad, especially when you consider what we would have been like on a few years ago. 

Nothing will change until they bring standing back and even that is still facing massive resistance. On the face of it everything is about brand and image and the club has decided on heavily favouring a family friendly brand and image and has done for the past 15 odd years. I would bet a lot of money that even if safe standing came back our club will be one of if not the last to adopt it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It was very weird, it was as if we were 3-0 down, I had to keep reminding myself that we were technically still in the game all the way till the end. The players/manager didn’t seem to want to even attack them. 

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

Nothing will change until they bring standing back and even that is still facing massive resistance. On the face of it everything is about brand and image and the club has decided on heavily favouring a family friendly brand and image and has done for the past 15 odd years. I would bet a lot of money that even if safe standing came back our club will be one of if not the last to adopt it. 

so they put the kids next to the away fans..

Hopefully when the expansion happens we can get a proper kop next to the away fans behind the goal and move the kids to the other side away from the pissed up away fans

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Hopefully when the expansion happens we can get a proper kop next to the away fans behind the goal and move the kids to the other side away from the pissed up away fans

They did that to avoid having pissed up home fans next to the away ones like we did at Filbo. Its all deliberate and by design. 

When the expansion happens it will again heavily lean into our family friendly brand. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

All our fans should be made to watch the scottish cup final today.

Why?

It's a Glasgow derby.

Not many clubs can compete with that atmosphere.

Be realistic.

I'm sure Hibs v Dundee Utd isnt a caldron(although knowing posters here will find a youtube vide of it being so!)

We need ANY atmosphere  at the moment.

Cant believe UFS are getting the stick they are for trying to make a difference.

• Like 1

Just now, Raj said:

Why?

It's a Glasgow derby.

Not many clubs can compete with that atmosphere.

Be realistic.

I'm sure Hibs v Dundee Utd isnt a caldron(although knowing posters here will find a youtube vide of it being so!)

We need ANY atmosphere  at the moment.

Cant believe UFS are getting the stick they are for trying to make a difference.

I didn't say compete.  I wonder if any of our fans have any clue what passionate support is.  Tune in and find out.

2 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

I’m not part of Union FS but fans who sing and get behind the team are 1000% better supporters than fans who sit on their hands all game in silence waiting for something to happen. Not bothered if you’re going to get offended by that but it’s the truth. “Supporters” literally has it in the name. Those who actually support the team by singing and getting behind them are bigger supporters than those who don’t.

lol utter nonsense

29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It won’t happen. Police prefer the situation as it is. Away support can get away quicker to the station/coaches 

14 minutes ago, lcfc80 said:
2 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

I’m not part of Union FS but fans who sing and get behind the team are 1000% better supporters than fans who sit on their hands all game in silence waiting for something to happen. Not bothered if you’re going to get offended by that but it’s the truth. “Supporters” literally has it in the name. Those who actually support the team by singing and getting behind them are bigger supporters than those who don’t.

lol utter nonsense

Ooh - it's getting a bit tasty in the 'lcfc followed by some numbers that include zero and eight' username derby!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

How? A supporter is someone who actually supports the team. The people who just sit there and groan at referees are spectators. Simple

the fact that you claim someone who sings for 90 minutes is a bigger supporter than someone who doesn't is total nonsense. i know plenty of people that wouldn't dream of missing a game or slagging the club off but don't sing