Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

So then why are you so bothered? This is what I don’t get about people who sing. If you want to sing, then do it. Why are you so bothered about people who don’t?

This is the problem with the social media generation, you’re all more worried about clout online with opposition fans than actually just going to the game to enjoy it. 

When did I say I’m bothered? I just stated a fact and you jumped on it

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Genuine question, why are you not a fan of them at all? The tifos that they produce are great, they vastly improve our horrific home atmosphere and they organise food banks for the homeless. Not sure why people can be against that personally. 

I probably didn’t put that very well. I am not against them and agree with your points above. However I recall wolvesy away last season - we were stood in front of them and as the game kicked off they were singing against Rogers. one of our lot ended up having a bit of a row with them and some of them came across really arrogant. That said I regularly chat to a few of them who are really nice lads. 
So my bad - I’m really not against them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

When did I say I’m bothered? I just stated a fact and you jumped on it

You’ve spent all morning on here making a massive point about how you think people who sing are superior and then you’ve broken out some version of the Oxford dictionary out to define the minute differences between supporter and spectator. You are very bothered 😂

Edited by Dames
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Definition; SUPPORTER: a person who gives encouragement and approval to someone or something. 

Sitting there doing nothing is not giving encouragement to the players on the pitch clearly. As I said, you’re a spectator not a supporter.

Fair enough, you got me checkmated. Result of this is a winning draw to you I think 

48 minutes ago, lee7 said:

but quite often after players have played in a match where the atmosphere has been good they will openly comment on it. 

Maddison has said on a few occassions that the fans were so loud or really backed the team and it helped to get them over the line etc

I'd take all this with a pinch of salt. They're all PR and media trained to say things like this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Munshi said:

We finished 5th that season. Also finished 5th the season before with fans. 

I’m just playing devils advocate for things players saying being taken with a pinch of salt. Those seasons are mirror images in a weird way, they collapsed at the end of the season when the fans weren’t allowed in and then collapsed at the end of the season when they were allowed back in. 

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd take all this with a pinch of salt. They're all PR and media trained to say things like this. 

What they say maybe that but it’s a proven fact that a boisterous crowd leads to a larger home advantage. Only have to look at European games for that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

What they say maybe that but it’s a proven fact that a boisterous crowd leads to a larger home advantage. Only have to look at European games for that. 

I always wondered what foreign players and mangers think when they first come over, it must be a shock to play in front of english crowds, must take a little getting used to.

10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I always wondered what foreign players and mangers think when they first come over, it must be a shock to play in front of english crowds, must take a little getting used to.

Yes and no from what I’ve read. When English atmospheres are good, it’s a different type of energy. 

38 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

So we're better when there's no one in the ground and players lie about crowds having a positive enforcement on the team. The psyche of sections of this fanbase is quite staggering. 

It was a joke but okay. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

They very publicly did interviews with a number of local media at the start of the season. They did articles when we played Legia away explaining how to travel and how to satisfy covid regulations. 

They don’t have the resources to print off 28k worth of leaflets.

They save up money partly go to community charities but also once in a while create something incredible in display pre match. Something which is mostly unique in the country - it’s creative, something to be proud of and creates a real impact. 

People forgot their numbers are not overwhelming and they don’t have pockets of cash. It’s all ran in effect by volunteers

Enjoyed those radio interviews. Would like to hear more. BSLB’s podcast colab!

49 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Possibly! 

Although you hear ex pros on under the cosh saying how great it was playing for teams like Stoke etc when they were known to have a real vocal backing

Not atmosphere related as such but I wasn't sure for a better place to put this;

VAR announcements in the stadium.

Are we the only club to announce it? I've can't say i've seen or heard it anywhere else.

For starters we see the referee signal VAR checks, secondly it comes up on the screen, well before any announcement.

The same goes for the outcome of any check.

There is just no need, find it quite bizarre.

"V.A.R complete".

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not atmosphere related as such but I wasn't sure for a better place to put this;

VAR announcements in the stadium.

Are we the only club to announce it? I've can't say i've seen or heard it anywhere else.

For starters we see the referee signal VAR checks, secondly it comes up on the screen, well before any announcement.

The same goes for the outcome of any check.

There is just no need, find it quite bizarre.

"V.A.R complete".

There was a game recently (can't remember which) where the goal was checked, the game kicked off, and about 30 seconds later they announced 'VAR Complete' lollollol 

• Like 1