Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 hours ago, Dames said:

So then why are you so bothered? This is what I don’t get about people who sing. If you want to sing, then do it. Why are you so bothered about people who don’t?

This is the problem with the social media generation, you’re all more worried about clout online with opposition fans than actually just going to the game to enjoy it. 

BOOOOOM

21 hours ago, lee7 said:

People bang on about singers not being better supporters etc but quite often after players have played in a match where the atmosphere has been good they will openly comment on it. 

Maddison has said on a few occassions that the fans were so loud or really backed the team and it helped to get them over the line etc

Vardy also does similar.

Never have i ever heard one of our players  come out and say 'i really appreciated the silence that the fans created today, it helped us all to concentrate' 

Even Rodgers will comment when it's quiet!

Players want to play on the biggest stage, in the best atmospheres and in the biggest matches not in ****ing silence. 

Careful mate. You’ll upset 30,000 of our fans. 

• Like 1

Clear thing here is we’re stuck in a rut as fan base. Majority of our fan base especially at home do not sing and actively support the team in any way other than turning up. I’m pretty sure many from that majority would like to but it’s now become a habit where they turn up and go through the same routine and nobody around them bothers so they don’t either etc. 

Even away from home one thing which is quite noticeable is that not many of our fans like to start chants and get things going. Question is will this ever change or is that how Leicester fans are now moulded.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

The board have obviously acted over sensitively and are flexing their muscles, which is pretty pathetic. You're in a senior position and you're well paid - you're going to get stick if things don't go well, and fans have every right to voice their opinions (even if i don't agree with it). You're more than happy to revel in it when it goes well aren't you?

Union FS have got previous of kicking off about things unnecessarily (the eindhoven announcement was badly managed), and I don't rate that as a protest at all. I genuinely didn't notice it at all. They clearly do a lot of good stuff (foodbanks, tifos, etc...) but i certainly don't agree with a lot of stuff that goes on.

The fans having a pop at union fs seem to be reveling in it, which is a bit sad really considering i think everyone wants a noisier ground.

It's toxic and completely reflects where we're at as a club. Union FS don't run the club, the board need to get over themselves and we should probably stop arguing amongst ourselves and try ang get behind the team. I know Saturday was poor but some perspective on where we're at is surely required. 

No one is coming off well in this. I'm convinced some people would rather be right about Rodgers being a 'fraud' (and what a take that is by the way) than actually supporting the ****ing team. 10 minutes on this forum is enough to make you lose your mind and that's really depressing as this is actually quite a good place at times.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Feels a real pivotal moment soon when the club finally have to break cover on a safe standing section. They did a bit of a halfway house with the section as it is, moving some people in but then giving people already in there first refusal to stay, so there's a mixed bag. 

There's enough demand I feel for a couple of thousand total standing spots once the ground goes to 40K, but it would take people dropping their obsession of being next to the away fans because there's not a snowball's chance in hell the club would do that. 

If they don't do it full on as part of the expansion I feel that's permanent curtains because L1 will go when the put boxes there. 

The delayed FCC is next week iirc. 

If they were to offer the standing section next to the away fans (P1 for example) would UFS take it up?

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

If they were to offer the standing section next to the away fans (P1 for example) would UFS take it up?

Won't speak for others but I wouldn't like it personally. The game against Brighton when it was over there was alright but most of the time was just spent staring at 500 Brighton fans, I left that behind when I moved from L1 10 years ago. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Feels a real pivotal moment soon when the club finally have to break cover on a safe standing section. They did a bit of a halfway house with the section as it is, moving some people in but then giving people already in there first refusal to stay, so there's a mixed bag. 

There's enough demand I feel for a couple of thousand total standing spots once the ground goes to 40K, but it would take people dropping their obsession of being next to the away fans because there's not a snowball's chance in hell the club would do that. 

If they don't do it full on as part of the expansion I feel that's permanent curtains because L1 will go when the put boxes there. 

The delayed FCC is next week iirc. 

All the section has done is move UFS to the bottom of the block - and totting up the number of black coats and hoods on saturday thats a total of 25 people max, and thats being generous. The whole section thing was a rush job and wasn't handled well by the club tbh - it has simply not been a success. I think the club have one thing in mind and UFS + others another, and there hasn't been much of a meet in the middle from either. 

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Won't speak for others but I wouldn't like it personally. The game against Brighton when it was over there was alright but most of the time was just spent staring at 500 Brighton fans, I left that behind when I moved from L1 10 years ago. 

Fair enough. You reckon there's any chance they move the section to SK2 or towards the middle of the kop rather than the corner at any time?

Just now, Tommy G said:

All the section has done is move UFS to the bottom of the block - and totting up the number of black coats and hoods on saturday thats a total of 25 people max, and thats being generous. The whole section thing was a rush job and wasn't handled well by the club tbh - it has simply not been a success. I think the club have one thing in mind and UFS + others another, and there hasn't been much of a meet in thr middle from either. 

How has it not been a success?

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

How has it not been a success?

I don't think it has changed the atmosphere from last season. As other posters have stated its a bit chicken and egg, the football has been dross especially at home and that can dictate the atmosphere - it's hard to manufacture it. Look at our title winning season or when we came up from the championship - the atmosphere was amazing (in LCFC terms) and we didn't have a signing section then, no one can argue that point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I don't think it has changed the atmosphere from last season. As other posters have stated its a bit chicken and egg, the football has been dross especially at home and that can dictate the atmosphere - it's hard to manufacture it. Look at our title winning season or when we came up from the championship - the atmosphere was amazing (in LCFC terms) and we didn't have a signing section then, no one can argue that point. 

Put it like this - if we did not have a section this season, the atmoshphere would be as bad as it was on saturday every single game. Last season, the fans still had something to cheer about in conference league. It would be like a morgue in there every game without the section.

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

Put it like this - if we did not have a section this season, the atmoshphere would be as bad as it was on saturday every single game. Last season, the fans still had something to cheer about in conference league. It would be like a morgue in there every game without the section.

Yes so you are agreeing with my point that what is happening on the pitch dictates the atmosphere - by referencing last year in the Europa Lge.

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Yes so you are agreeing with my point that what is happening on the pitch dictates the atmosphere - by referencing last year in the Europa Lge.

It has an impact of course but like you said it's been similar to last season where we had European football. Imagine the atmosphere this season without it now