Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Nah make SK1,2,3,4 safe standing let the rest sit in peace...job done.:D

I don't think there would honestly be the demand for it. I think you could do a cpl of complete blocks with a view to extending it. I dont think there are any premier league clubs with a complete stand of safe standing but correct me if I'm wrong..

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I don't think there would honestly be the demand for it. I think you could do a cpl of complete blocks with a view to extending it. I dont think there are any premier league clubs with a complete stand of safe standing but correct me if I'm wrong..

They don't but most grounds have an end for the most vocal fans.  I'd be happy with just one block of SK TBH.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

To me old Trafford has done it right. From what I saw 3/4 of the away end, the lower north east  corner and the south west corner above the tunnel.. start with a corner and extend if the demand is there.. but this needs to happen, king power falling way behind with the times 

23 minutes ago, MattFox said:

The Forest game showed theirs enough people in the ground that’ll make a noise if they are really arsed

P block was all standing that night.

Agree with that. The World Famous City were on peak form that night. Had to be the best since the UCL matches. I was in the usually sedate C Block and even they were on their feet drowning out the Notts Forrest team announcement. 

We can still do it but needs a catalyst. 

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm in SK2 and can't say it's that much different, it's just a drone.

I'm now old, no matter how much it pains me to say it, so I'm not "down with the kids", but the make up of the songs, to me personally doesn't lend itself to people joining in. 99% of the ground don't have clue what's being sung. So how can they join in? And no, expecting them to go and learn the lyrics isn't really an answer.

The most popular "songs" in recent years were lyric light, and mostly contained a tune anyone could join in with. When you are short on numbers joining in, simplicity is where you need to aim at. That being said, you'll struggle to get them going with the current football. 

Absolute rubbish. Majority can't even be bothered to join with "Leicester, Leicester, Leicester".

35 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Absolute rubbish. Majority can't even be bothered to join with "Leicester, Leicester, Leicester".

I do see what he means though. We over complicate songs so much and make them unnecessarily long. Look at the Maddison chant … he’s our best player and he doesn’t even think he has one! 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Its hardly an end though is it.

I do find intrigue in your logic. The new singing section is clearly struggling, sulking and not as popular as they thought it would be... but the problem is they weren't given a full end?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LC1884FC said:

This is for tomorrow night, do you think that shows it's "struggling" compared to the blocks either side? 

bb.png

do you think that constitutes having a full end? and do you think pure numbers of tickets sold quantifies success?

Singing section has been pretty decent for a lot games. E.g forest, spurs and Man City. Problem is the club messed up from the start when loads of people applied for the section and didn’t hear anything back so renewed their season tickets in their original seat. My worry is that the club actively don’t want the singing section to be good as it’s a ‘trial’. So at the end of the season they can say ‘x amount of people have been banned’ and we have had largely negative feedback. Then they don’t carry on with it and we’re back to square one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

do you think that constitutes having a full end? and do you think pure numbers of tickets sold quantifies success?

I didn't say anything about a full end? Even back when L1 was good we had like 2 blocks max involved. The older generation let the Kop die when we moved from filbo.

Anyway the cup games have been better than the league games I reckon, looking forward to tomorrow either way

1 minute ago, LC1884FC said:

I didn't say anything about a full end? Even back when L1 was good we had like 2 blocks max involved. The older generation let the Kop die when we moved from filbo.

Anyway the cup games have been better than the league games I reckon, looking forward to tomorrow either way

Someone above was on about needing a full end for the singing section, which I think it was you responded to.

I don't think numbers of tickets sold qualifies as success for the singing section (referring to your point above about ticket sales for tomorrow's game) - UFS are not just another marketing campaign working on behalf of the club to flog tickets. I think their success should be measured by other means. 

7 minutes ago, LC1884FC said:

No they didn't, everyone moved from the kop to L1 when they found out where the away fans were.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Which ones out of interest do you think that on?

Maddison one, Tete one, some don’t really have enough intensity behind it … leicester boys are we, hardly going to raise the roof. That being said, I’ve never created a chant so can’t really moan when someone else does. 

5 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

Someone above was on about needing a full end for the singing section, which I think it was you responded to.

I don't think numbers of tickets sold qualifies as success for the singing section (referring to your point above about ticket sales for tomorrow's game) - UFS are not just another marketing campaign working on behalf of the club to flog tickets. I think their success should be measured by other means. 

Which other means

46 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

I do find intrigue in your logic. The new singing section is clearly struggling, sulking and not as popular as they thought it would be... but the problem is they weren't given a full end?

Theres a difference between the UFS having a section than a whole end of fans wanting to create an atmosphere.  The reason why we have so few people creating an atmosphere is those fans are dispersed, that will never generate an atmosphere.

Its logical to give them an option to go somewhere they can be among like minded fans, this is why practically every club has such an end.

40 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Maddison one, Tete one, some don’t really have enough intensity behind it … leicester boys are we, hardly going to raise the roof. That being said, I’ve never created a chant so can’t really moan when someone else does. 

Both have less words/lines than the Ulloa one and everyone got behind learning and singing that.

There is only so much dumbing down you can do. 

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Joe_1992 said:

Singing section has been pretty decent for a lot games. E.g forest, spurs and Man City. Problem is the club messed up from the start when loads of people applied for the section and didn’t hear anything back so renewed their season tickets in their original seat. My worry is that the club actively don’t want the singing section to be good as it’s a ‘trial’. So at the end of the season they can say ‘x amount of people have been banned’ and we have had largely negative feedback. Then they don’t carry on with it and we’re back to square one.

This is very important. The communication around this time on the section was not clear. 

26 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Both have less words/lines than the Ulloa one and everyone get behind learning and singing that.

There is only so much dumbing down you can do. 

Look at the Arsenal chants on Saturday the majority had one word in usually a players name or the club name why we need a majority of storytelling songs is beyond me.