Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Theres a difference between the UFS having a section than a whole end of fans wanting to create an atmosphere.  The reason why we have so few people creating an atmosphere is those fans are dispersed, that will never generate an atmosphere.

Its logical to give them an option to go somewhere they can be among like minded fans, this is why practically every club has such an end.

Everyone was given that choice at the end of last season, to move to SK1 to join this new section. There is no way you're getting a whole end full, it's not as popular as UFS would have hoped it to be by now. And turning on its own supporters, the club, the hierarchy, the manager, the players, the physio, etc, is not really a way of growing its popularity across the wider fan base. 

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

And can we start singing the players songs pre kick off to have a bit more of a connection like we used to at Filbo 

Forest at home - the section got going pre-match but fairly early on and their end responded. We need more of that! 

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

Again, personal insults and lies, it doesnt help your cause. I don't live in Leicester or use facebook. How would I know of radio/media interviews concerning UFS? Please enlighten me. As mentioned how about putting out a flyer on each seat? Printing costs are less than £150, im sure you could raise that, who knows you may even entice some new members. 

Their two biggest interviews were highlighted on this forum as seperate topics. This included the ability to relisten on two of the biggest media platforms in the UK. 

Where’s the unpaid manpower coming from to put 28k leaflets on seats? 

Why are the club going to allow them access to do that given the protest concerns the banning of two members? 

They already spend many hours unpaid holding two events directly benefitting the local community and four tifos a season. The latter takes an incredible amount of unpaid labour. 

1 hour ago, B_Fox said:

Everyone was given that choice at the end of last season, to move to SK1 to join this new section. There is no way you're getting a whole end full, it's not as popular as UFS would have hoped it to be by now. And turning on its own supporters, the club, the hierarchy, the manager, the players, the physio, etc, is not really a way of growing its popularity across the wider fan base. 

Everyone was given the choice to ‘apply’ to the section and the club didn’t respond to a lot of the applications. So I think you’re underestimating the popularity of the section. Didn’t agree with what UFS did on Saturday. But it’s clearly worked because we’re all talking about it.

30 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Their two biggest interviews were highlighted on this forum as seperate topics. This included the ability to relisten on two of the biggest media platforms in the UK. 

Where’s the unpaid manpower coming from to put 28k leaflets on seats? 

Why are the club going to allow them access to do that given the protest concerns the banning of two members? 

They already spend many hours unpaid holding two events directly benefitting the local community and four tifos a season. The latter takes an incredible amount of unpaid labour. 

So lets address your points

I come on here rarely, you want match going folk to be informed, wouldnt that be the demographic to target?

Unpaid manpower, a couple of hours worth of work for 10 people to put them out, its hardly arduous.

Why wouldnt the club have let them do that at the start of the season when there were no issues?

What is the benefit to atmosphere of a tifo? Surely garnering support of the other 28000 is your aim? To imprpve the atmosphere.

Or do you not really want everyone involved.....

7 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I come on here rarely, you want match going folk to be informed, wouldnt that be the demographic to target?

Unpaid manpower, a couple of hours worth of work for 10 people to put them out, its hardly arduous.

Why wouldnt the club have let them do that at the start of the season when there were no issues?

What is the benefit to atmosphere of a tifo? Surely garnering support of the other 28000 is your aim? To imprpve the atmosphere.

Nah come on man

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Cute how you think it would only take 10 people two hours to leaflet every single seat in the ground.

Anyone who wants to back their team all game is welcome to join UFS. PM me if you're genuinely interested and I'll arrange to have a chat and a beer with you before the Chelsea game.

No interest but thanks for the offer. Zero credibility after standing in silence for a game in which you are supposed to be backing the team. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

What is the benefit to atmosphere of a tifo?

Seriously?  You’re asking that question or you’re just on a wind up?

It has been quite amusing reading this thread from Saturday onwards, granted I had no idea what was going on but my mate did say during the game that they were quiet today, we are one block away.

If it was to get a response it looks like they did it.

3 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Our support is generally wank.

Good numbers, but not passionate enough. And that shows when it comes to atmosphere most of the time. Our lot are the definition of “sing when you’re winning”.

People will say “Oh but the football is dull” but there are fans/clubs out there that will carry their teams and sing their hearts out regardless of performance.

Credit to UFS for trying to change that, and Rome won’t be built in a day on this one. Especially if the club are trying to suck the life out of the project.

FWIW I didn’t notice said protest at the weekend, but the atmosphere was shite.. So looking back it obviously made a difference.

As a matter of interest, which fans these days sing their hearts out regardless of performance? 

26 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

They did recordings of interviews which went out on BBC Leicester in a traditional slot of Monday night which has lasted decades. You could relisten to that on BBC Sounds and Spotify. That’s quite a significant sound board done in a very easy to engage way. 

They’ve repeatedly including this season done tifo displays to which all seats covered by the tifo get a leaflet. As well as the rest of the stadium seeing it with their own eyes, that’s a pretty obvious way of getting people interested. Ironically our playing record when there is a tifo is very, very impressive which says it does have a benefit on the atmosphere. 

They also very keen to give themselves a level of independence because just like every club, there are occasions when they need to be held accountable for poor decisions. 

You way over estimate how many people are involved. 

I'll get shot down for this but f**k it.

I think the thing that gets me about UFS is the unrelenting obsession to imprint European football culture into the fan mentality. 

I've been to a lot of games across Europe and it's good value, nothing against it but thinking that our fan base should all whip their tops off, stick stickers on every lamp post, start blurring our faces out of normal photos with our mates, give our players all the middle finger if we lose and expecting an on pitch conversation through a caged enclosure... its quite a deluded fantasy for a club like ours. 

The game and the heritage we have in the UK is different, clearly, and rather than accept that the overwhelming majority of fans view the introduction of ultra culture into the English game as quite a cringeworthy exercise, they instead take aim at everyone else around them and make it an unattractive movement to support. 

Each to their own - and the sooner they realise that, the sooner they'll start attracting more support. I actually like what they're doing for the record, but it's the constant acts of petulance towards their own that does my head in. 

Edited by B_Fox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Rossiter said:

As a matter of interest, which fans these days sing their hearts out regardless of performance? 

Do you remember the 5-0 vs Newcastle at home in 2019? They were chanting "Who's that team we called United, who's that team we all adore? They play in black and white and they all know how to fight, We'll support you evermore" the entire 90 minutes basically

Everton at home at the end of last season too, every single fan in that away end was singing Spirit of the Blues at the top of their lungs despite their team being in a relegation scrap and having lost 7 away games in a row before that. Maybe it worked for them too because they ended up going back in front after 30 minutes and seeing out the result

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Our support is generally wank.

Good numbers, but not passionate enough. And that shows when it comes to atmosphere most of the time. Our lot are the definition of “sing when you’re winning”.

People will say “Oh but the football is dull” but there are fans/clubs out there that will carry their teams and sing their hearts out regardless of performance.

Credit to UFS for trying to change that, and Rome won’t be built in a day on this one. Especially if the club are trying to suck the life out of the project.

FWIW I didn’t notice said protest at the weekend, but the atmosphere was shite.. So looking back it obviously made a difference.

Does this really happen? There aren't any grounds I can think of where this is the case. Forest, who are in their first season back in the Premier League and lauded for their supposed atmosphere, was an awful atmosphere against us. Because it was 0-0 for most of it and a poor game. 

We had the reputation for one of the best atmospheres when we stayed up and won the league. I think it's one extreme to the other when we are judging how good/bad it is. 

6 hours ago, lfu said:

Do you remember the 5-0 vs Newcastle at home in 2019? They were chanting "Who's that team we called United, who's that team we all adore? They play in black and white and they all know how to fight, We'll support you evermore" the entire 90 minutes basically

Everton at home at the end of last season too, every single fan in that away end was singing Spirit of the Blues at the top of their lungs despite their team being in a relegation scrap and having lost 7 away games in a row before that. Maybe it worked for them too because they ended up going back in front after 30 minutes and seeing out the result

Away fans...support is usually more vocal and that includes us imo.

How many in the ufs sk1 section compared to the Homesdale end at Palace?, they create a decent atmosphere.

Arsenal probably had the biggest improvement to a home atmosphere of any club, with the Ashburton army, bit cringy though with them wearing all black and not club colours. Also the amount of songs they've copied from other clubs, hasn't hurt them one bit.

9 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

This is so far from the truth. Ive said it time and again but the club banning the stall was fully shit for a few reasons but a big one is helped PR. You instead of venting on here could come and have it out constructively face to face and hopefully a positive outcome could be reached.

I really don’t want our fanbase to whip their tops off. We all don’t need to suffer those images.

So the only way you accept constructive feedback, light hearted or otherwise, is via a face-to-face conversation? And you disregard all other forms of critique and instead invite us to constructively "have it out"?

What kind of positive outcome could you possibly forsee? 

And also I have no idea what you're on about with regards to this stall. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, lfu said:

Try adding another 20 chants to their songlist and see if they're so vocal.

49 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

So the only way you accept constructive feedback, light hearted or otherwise, is via a face-to-face conversation? And you disregard all other forms of critique and instead invite us to constructively "have it out"?

What kind of positive outcome could you possibly forsee? 

And also I have no idea what you're on about with regards to this stall. 

I mean no and you have put a lot of words in my mouth there.

If you feel you don’t like the group thats totally fine and I get that its not going to be everyones thing. The stall amongst other things acted as a way for fans if they wanted to discuss certain things they perhaps were unsure of. 

11 hours ago, B_Fox said:

I'll get shot down for this but f**k it.

I think the thing that gets me about UFS is the unrelenting obsession to imprint European football culture into the fan mentality. 

I've been to a lot of games across Europe and it's good value, nothing against it but thinking that our fan base should all whip their tops off, stick stickers on every lamp post, start blurring our faces out of normal photos with our mates, give our players all the middle finger if we lose and expecting an on pitch conversation through a caged enclosure... its quite a deluded fantasy for a club like ours. 

The game and the heritage we have in the UK is different, clearly, and rather than accept that the overwhelming majority of fans view the introduction of ultra culture into the English game as quite a cringeworthy exercise, they instead take aim at everyone else around them and make it an unattractive movement to support. 

Each to their own - and the sooner they realise that, the sooner they'll start attracting more support. I actually like what they're doing for the record, but it's the constant acts of petulance towards their own that does my head in. 

Worth noting that we are in Europe.