Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Everyone acts as if the singing section are a bunch of ultras who walk around with balaclavas, iron bars and act as a crime gang.. they are a group who simply want to create a singing atmosphere on a matchday lol there’s no need to take offence to everything they say

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

If anyone from @Union FS wants to come on the pod theres an open invitation from us. No agenda from us and a chance to give your side of the story. I get it might be difficult with the club but I think I theres a way of managing this openly and fairly.

@Sol thewall Bamba @SemperEadem @Ric Flair

Yes please come on, i'll do a small piece of poetry about stewarding and we can discuss crisps an'all. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I mean no and you have put a lot of words in my mouth there.

If you feel you don’t like the group thats totally fine and I get that its not going to be everyones thing. The stall amongst other things acted as a way for fans if they wanted to discuss certain things they perhaps were unsure of. 

What and where was this stall?? Outside the ground? When and why did they stop it? 

And to reiterate - I actually like what the group are trying to do, it's just the attitude and the way they go about it which is non-complementary to their efforts.

11 hours ago, B_Fox said:

I'll get shot down for this but f**k it.

I think the thing that gets me about UFS is the unrelenting obsession to imprint European football culture into the fan mentality. 

I've been to a lot of games across Europe and it's good value, nothing against it but thinking that our fan base should all whip their tops off, stick stickers on every lamp post, start blurring our faces out of normal photos with our mates, give our players all the middle finger if we lose and expecting an on pitch conversation through a caged enclosure... its quite a deluded fantasy for a club like ours. 

The game and the heritage we have in the UK is different, clearly, and rather than accept that the overwhelming majority of fans view the introduction of ultra culture into the English game as quite a cringeworthy exercise, they instead take aim at everyone else around them and make it an unattractive movement to support. 

Each to their own - and the sooner they realise that, the sooner they'll start attracting more support. I actually like what they're doing for the record, but it's the constant acts of petulance towards their own that does my head in. 

Out of interest what is the heritage of football support and atmosphere in England? Is there even one anymore? It certainly doesn't involve singing or being overly passionate.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

What and where was this stall?? Outside the ground? When and why did they stop it? 

And to reiterate - I actually like what the group are trying to do, it's just the attitude and the way they go about it which is non-complementary to their efforts.

Yes outside SK1. Was stopped when stadiums were opened post lockdowns. No reason was given for months. Its a hammer blow for the group as it was the main funding stream. No money = no tifos etc.

Eventually got a reason that it was to do with copyrights.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

Everyone acts as if the singing section are a bunch of ultras who walk around with balaclavas, iron bars and act as a crime gang.. they are a group who simply want to create a singing atmosphere on a matchday lol there’s no need to take offence to everything they say

Except last saturday they decided to turn up in black jackets, hoods up looking like a crime gang.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Spot on, my god kudos for putting in the effort to type this. To think people cannot effect change is a weak, limp-wristed, lame and downright sad way of living your life. Go out and make a difference instead of constantly typing 'clubs dead mate shambles going Thurmaston Magpies next season mate non-league mate shambles mate what can we do to change it shambles'

And if you cannot be bothered doing anything, stop laughing at people who are putting themselves out there and trying to make a difference. 

Why would I support 'change' that I don't like? I don't want the Holmesdale End to be the blue print for all, I find it embarrasing. Folk moan about clappers, but orchestrated forced atmosphere is in the same category.

As for a tifo creating an atmosphere, lets be honest, the tifos (and they are great) only come out for the big games when we know the atmosphere will be good. 

3 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Why would I support 'change' that I don't like? I don't want the Holmesdale End to be the blue print for all, I find it embarrasing. Folk moan about clappers, but orchestrated forced atmosphere is in the same category.

As for a tifo creating an atmosphere, lets be honest, the tifos (and they are great) only come out for the big games when we know the atmosphere will be good. 

You are literally proving my point.

If you don't like the change that is occurring in front of you, get up get some sh1t in your shoes and make your own change. You have no right to complain if you can't be bothered doing that.

Edit - I also find the palace ultras Nigel fanatics gang very embarrassing, but from what I see the singing section aren't a group of mumsnet prodigies on their weekly playdate 

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You are literally proving my point.

If you don't like the change that is occurring in front of you, get up get some sh1t in your shoes and make your own change. You have no right to complain if you can't be bothered doing that.

Edit - I also find the palace ultras Nigel fanatics gang very embarrassing, but from what I see the singing section aren't a group of mumsnet prodigies on their weekly playdate 

Im not proving anything, I don't need to make a change. Our atmosphere ebbs and flows since moving. Forcing an atmosphere is where we are falling down. It can't be forced, and that is why the continent (who oddly we now look for inspiration) were envious of our support. What next, someone with a megaphone? We have already had the all black clothing routine.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Im not proving anything, I don't need to make a change. Our atmosphere ebbs and flows since moving. Forcing an atmosphere is where we are falling down. It can't be forced, and that is why the continent (who oddly we now look for inspiration) were envious of our support. What next, someone with a megaphone? We have already had the all black clothing routine.

Ok fair enough I incorrectly thought you were one of the army of 'clubs a joke mate so amateur ticket office thickos shambles Coalville shambles' posters

31 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Sorry Micky, that's an outdated and pretty pointless observation. The demographic of English support has vastly changed since those days, hence the atmosphere in our grounds has significantly diminished. 

This isnt Filbert Street. Like minded people can't congregate together now. It HAS to be orchestrated and it needs a focal point (see fan groups of Arsenal and Man United lobbying for one  and having massive success this season). 

Despite what appears to be your opposition to it, we've now got one. Let's hope it continues to grow over the next few seasons. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Sorry Micky, that's an outdated and pretty pointless observation. The demographic of English support has vastly changed since those days, hence the atmosphere in our grounds has significantly diminished. 

This isnt Filbert Street. Like minded people can't congregate together now. It HAS to be orchestrated and it needs a focal point (see fan groups of Arsenal and Man United lobbying for one  and having massive success this season). 

Despite what appears to be your opposition to it, we've now got one. Let's hope it continues to grow over the next few 

So the model is, all wear the same clothes, wave tinpot flags, orchestrate everyone with a megaphone and rhythmic clapping/chanting? Sounds like North Korea on parade day.

As for comparing Arsenal, their atmosphere has improved due to their teams success this season, claiming its due to lobbying by a fan group is disingenuous at best.

As for Utd they have always had good/great support, again an upturn in results will have had a far greater impact.

Plenty of other prem teams with vocal support without orchastrated noise.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

So the model is, all wear the same clothes, wave tinpot flags, orchestrate everyone with a megaphone and rhythmic clapping/chanting? Sounds like North Korea on parade day.

As for comparing Arsenal, their atmosphere has improved due to their teams success this season, claiming its due to lobbying by a fan group is disingenuous at best.

As for Utd they have always had good/great support, again an upturn in results will have had a far greater impact.

Plenty of other prem teams with vocal support without orchastrated noise.

Hate to break it to you pal, but all football chanting and clapping is rhythmic.

• Haha 4