Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

7 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

If you want it to be.

Is for me personally as a final is all about that.

However the clothes thing you bring up is interesting. Everybody looks to be wearing wearing blue yet see people take the piss out of adults wearing shirts to games nowadays.

It's all about what you want from being at the game at the end of the day I guess.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Is for me personally as a final is all about that.

However the clothes thing you bring up is interesting. Everybody looks to be wearing wearing blue yet see people take the piss out of adults wearing shirts to games nowadays.

It's all about what you want from being at the game at the end of the day I guess.

Yeah, adults wearing replicas was way more "acceptable" in the 90s. Probably the odd full kit willy puller in there too.

But what I meant was I don't really get the relevance of it being a cup final. Flags, banners and ticker tape have been football culture in England for decades, and not just at Wembley either. The whole reason I'm in that section is to recapture those atmospheres and try to recreate them as often as possible.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

To be honest, there's plenty of stuff that lads in the group let slide but the problem is if inaccurate portrayals of how the group act are being discussed, then those rumours can take hold and change people's perceptions of the group (the whole "well, I heard they think they're better than us" trope, for example). I'm only really interested in correcting people who are in essence making up stuff, like the guy the other day who had to back down about some chants that UFS have never sung.

Other than that, if people don't like the group's methods then that's entirely up to them but it's sometimes helpful to explain the actual reasoning behind that rather than just letting people make the "wannabe ooltras" assumption that so often gets cobbed about. My post got a like from B_Fox, so hopefully that's a sign that they were happy with my to response to the points they'd raised.

Biting here as its not made up but I accept that not everyone with flags at the back/top of SK2/3 is part of UFS. As many posters have proven in this thread its quite easy to get people who share similar ideals to yourselves but on the more extreme end mixed up with yourselves.

I do maintain however that during the whole seat swapping debacle there were some people either associated or wanting to be associated with the group that were quite abusive to people on twitter about the situation. From what I remember it was quite toxic on here too. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Biting here as its not made up but I accept that not everyone with flags at the back/top of SK2/3 is part of UFS. As many posters have proven in this thread its quite easy to get people who share similar ideals to yourselves but on the more extreme end mixed up with yourselves.

I do maintain however that during the whole seat swapping debacle there were some people either associated or wanting to be associated with the group that were quite abusive to people on twitter about the situation. From what I remember it was quite toxic on here too. 

Nobody is. Union FS have been based in SK1 since their foundation in 2013.

Edited by Voll Blau

1 minute ago, Dames said:

A lot of the people who were relocated were abusive in the first place in case you forgot

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

A lot of the people who were relocated were abusive in the first place in case you forgot

Yes and no. The relocators were moaning and were jumped on by quite a few gloaters which turned it into a massively toxic situation. The whole 'its just a seat get over it' line didn't wash with me because there were some people who had sat in the area for a long time and had built friendships/mini communities that were being taken away from them and instead of being contrite about the situation there were a fair few people that couldn't wait to stick the boot in. 

For the record I am all for a singing section, on paper its a great idea but the execution from almost all involved has left a lot to be desired. I will say that the majority of the blame falls on the club as they were very unclear about it all and the toxicity around the situation has no doubt lead to the increase in stewarding in the area. 

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Nobody is. Union FS have been based in SK1 since their foundation in 2013.

Then thats my bad - As i've said easy case to get mixed up when you're not fully aware.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

The question seems to have been swerved.

Have UFS taken to wearing all black / hoods at games, and why? Or is this a misconception?

Genuinely curious.

Isn’t that the case within the demographic of young males ? Like the majority of lads wear dark colours and hooded garments? 

On a football scene thing for years Man U’s away support had a black jackets policy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigMicky said:

So the model is, all wear the same clothes, wave tinpot flags, orchestrate everyone with a megaphone and rhythmic clapping/chanting? Sounds like North Korea on parade day.

As for comparing Arsenal, their atmosphere has improved due to their teams success this season, claiming its due to lobbying by a fan group is disingenuous at best.

As for Utd they have always had good/great support, again an upturn in results will have had a far greater impact.

Plenty of other prem teams with vocal support without orchastrated noise.

Having spent all Saturday afternoon with a lots of Arsenal fans i can assure you that the atmosphere at the emirates has a lot to do with them. The amount of season tickets that are currently getting sold on the black market to tourists is unreal. Absolutely no way tourists create the atmosphere. 

They were so happy that they finally seem to be making the Emirates their 'home' after so long and they are gaining a lot of respect from their fan base after a very rocky start. 

Credit to them for changing their ways and making change happen. 

UFS just seem to be fighting a losing battle and i have no idea why having ran into opposition to them in SK3 its laughable.... Its painful that people want a great atmosphere but just expect it to happen organically? Its never going to happen. 

Also if you take off your blue tinted glasses even in the seasons we won League 1, Championship and even the Premier League the atmosphere was electric on a handful of games and very few are memorable.  

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

it is about the only block that is sold out so yeah absolutely the demand is there. 

No idea why people hate it as much as they do. 

Stick with it ladies and gents as without you (as proved on Saturday) it is horrendous. 

I'm not part of UFS but yeah point still stands

26 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

If a black jacket with a hood up is a sticking point then by that logic half of all football grounds this time of year are some sort of problem. Of all the things to try and hang your hat on, this isn’t it. 

LOL sticking point is a stretch, I've counted two people asking why they wear them and some ad-hoc comments laughing at them.