Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You say that but it actually sounded better on the TV as a result as the end of song was sung 

Yes, I noticed that. The crowd continued with WYS after the PA had stopped. Perhaps we should always do that and the last Whole smiles with yooooooou in. 

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You say that but it actually sounded better on the TV as a result as the end of song was sung 

Just our area then. Honestly, the driest atmosphere I’ve ever experienced. When the music faded, so many just stopped as if they were being told by the club to stop 😂😂😂

I wanted to give the lad an opportunity to sit next to the dugout for once. Back to the Kop in future.

Edited by phoneticerror

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Just our area then. Honestly, the driest atmosphere I’ve ever experienced. I wanted to give the lad an opportunity to sit next to the dugout. Back to the Kop in future.

Wasn't any better. Section is the only part of the whole "KOP" that makes any noise

9 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

and when Thomas came off.

I sat in B2 for the first time tonight. Is it that area or was the atmosphere just shite tonight?

I sat in B3 last night and what a bunch of miserable ***** literally dirty looks if you made a sound wether it be complaining or singing. The atmosphere was shit in the whole ground all night the blackburn fans were brilliant though and travelled well. Our 'amazing' support has gone flat especially when you compare the roar on the montage of the historic goals especially Walsh vs Arsenal and Ulloa against West Ham 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

I sat in B3 last night and what a bunch of miserable ***** literally dirty looks if you made a sound wether it be complaining or singing. The atmosphere was shit in the whole ground all night the blackburn fans were brilliant though and travelled well. Our 'amazing' support has gone flat especially when you compare the roar on the montage of the historic goals especially Walsh vs Arsenal and Ulloa against West Ham 

Glad it wasn’t just me then. The most noise I heard from anybody else around me was when the old boy next to me calmly said “you’ve got to go to the ball Barnes.” and a few others politely nodded.

About as much life as a day trip to an old folks home. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

I give up now tbh. Actually getting to the point now where going to a match is boring me. Zero effort from anyone apart from the section. Everyone’s better off staying at home 

You should vote with your feet then....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lee Monty said:

Our 'amazing' support has gone flat especially when you compare the roar on the montage of the historic goals especially Walsh vs Arsenal and Ulloa against West Ham

Lol.

I'm pretty sure if we scored goals in situations like that now they'd get just as much of a roar. A dismal performance in a half empty ground on a cold, wet night isn't going to get any crowd going.

Like any club, our support is only amazing when good stuff's happening on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Not sure they did tbh

Not saying it was anything that good and it may have just been mic placement but the discontent certainly came over louder than when I’ve been at games in the past 2.5 years.

2 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Not sure why so many people are against WYS.. when it faded out last night and the section carried it in it sounded great. The speed it should be sung lol

Same reason why we can’t get anything going, if they fade it out people will actually have to sing and they’d much rather have the club provide the entertainment.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

and when Thomas came off.

I sat in B2 for the first time tonight. Is it that area or was the atmosphere just shite tonight?

Why would you go in B2 and expect anything other than complete silence? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

'Jamie Vardy, he's won more than you' was a real low point, especially when over half the people in the ground would have been alive when Blackburn last won the league. 

I've heard that sung against Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool over the years. That chant and 'Forest/Tottenham get battered everywhere they go' are the loudest chants of this season

5 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

'Jamie Vardy, he's won more than you' was a real low point, especially when over half the people in the ground would have been alive when Blackburn last won the league. 

And the League Cup.

It's just a shit standard response, not even backed up, because his wife actually is a grass.

Edited by Fox92

16 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Atmosphere was alright tonight despite the absolute toilet football on show. The ground really would be beyond appalling to be in without the Union FS boys right now.

Side-point, that I made at the time - those with enough spare time to e-mail the club should be giving them both barrels over us playing goal music when pulling it back to 2-1 against a f**king Championship club. Never been more embarrassed to hear it in my life.

And just in case we lost and couldn't play it afterwards, they played it before kick off instead!

Guest Fox99

The section being full last night was encouraging. There's sometimes a small pocket of seats near me which are empty (although fill up more at kick off) but they were all taken. It did feel as though there were slightly more in there than usual, as for the stand as a whole it's a Kop in name only really.