Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

9 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

The section being full last night was encouraging. There's sometimes a small pocket of seats near me which are empty (although fill up more at kick off) but they were all taken. It did feel as though there were slightly more in there than usual, as for the stand as a whole it's a Kop in name only really.

Was really great seeing the amount of children in and around the section joining in with songs and enjoying the flags, scarf-waving and so on.

The Kids Want Ultra. :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Was really great seeing the amount of children in and around the section joining in with songs and enjoying the flags, scarf-waving and so on.

Only thing giving me hope right now that our atmosphere will improve is that we seem to have a lot of kids that want to get involved. Winning trophies and being in the premier league has obviously helped a lot choose us over the “big teams” too so it is encouraging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

If there is good football on display, the atmosphere will improve. It's been poor on the pitch for a while and that's reflective in the stands too. 

You want to improve atmosphere? Team need to buck up.

Countless times this gets said when it’s literally been proven wrong. We were good 2 years ago. We won the fa cup and finished top 5 whilst being in the top 4 the whole season and the atmosphere was still poor so your point is not true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

If there is good football on display, the atmosphere will improve. It's been poor on the pitch for a while and that's reflective in the stands too. 

Whilst good football helps, that's a poor excuse. There are a number of teams who constantly play shit yet atmospheres are good. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

And yet those with that viewpoint are also some of the same people that refuse to call for Rodgers to be sacked.

You can't be the buyer and the seller

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

That's one opinion but others don't accept it at all

17 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

A good atmosphere could also lead to an improvement in the quality of the football though. As supporters, it's in our gift to try and make that happen. It's not like any of us have anything to lose by opening our gobs and trying to liven the players up, is it?

21 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

We won the fa cup and finished top 5 whilst being in the top 4 the whole season and the atmosphere was still poor so your point is not true.

The atmosphere was poor because we were playing behind closed doors, surely?

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

The atmosphere was poor because we were playing behind closed doors, surely?

Season before then. Point still stands. We were in the top 4 the whole season? 

Edited by Lcfc098

Absolutely dead, the worst part is if you’re singing outside FS you’re treated like an idiot.

I wonder if it’s because we don’t have as many staple chants as we did a few years ago? Ones like “Dilly Ding”, “Claudio give us a wave” and “Leicester boys are we” would go off intermittently throughout the game. Feel like we don’t have club songs like that take at the minute.

Either that or new generation Leicester fans are boring bastards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Absolutely dead, the worst part is if you’re singing outside FS you’re treated like an idiot.

I wonder if it’s because we don’t have as many staple chants as we did a few years ago? Ones like “Dilly Ding”, “Claudio give us a wave” and “Leicester boys are we” would go off intermittently throughout the game. Feel like we don’t have club songs like that take at the minute.

Either that or new generation Leicester fans are boring bastards.

Leicester boys are we gets sung numerous times every single game 

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I thought it was Ok pre covid when we were flying and playing good football. Remember Sheff U and Chelsea away and Arsenal at home in particular being loud and fun.

I’m just talking about home atmosphere. If there’s only one game you can think off on the top of your head can’t have been that good can it

35 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

I’m just talking about home atmosphere. If there’s only one game you can think off on the top of your head can’t have been that good can it

True, may be rose tinted glasses as well as we were playing so well at the time. The nacho VAR goal against Everton is up there with Howard 2009 and Nalis 2004 v Leeds as one of my favourite moments at the KP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lcfc098 said:

Only thing giving me hope right now that our atmosphere will improve is that we seem to have a lot of kids that want to get involved. Winning trophies and being in the premier league has obviously helped a lot choose us over the “big teams” too so it is encouraging.

I am quite resigned to the fact that good atmospheres are a full generation away from us. It is important that the kids of today are brought up right with the mindset to back your team no matter what, don't be afraid to start chants and to get involved and make a racket. I cannot see this happen overnight but we are taking the right steps with the section.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's one opinion but others don't accept it at all

It is pretty much the main reason though. As soon as we stop playing on the front foot, there's a distinct "here we fvckin go again",  and a lot of people either just sit there waiting for it to end or start moaning and booing then the rot sets in and no matter how much a few lads bang and yell stuff out, no-ones going to join in. Prime example, last night we had a spell where we were playing fast and fairly exciting football, and we scored a goal, the crowd were getting behind the team, they took control again and it was dead

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Whilst good football helps, that's a poor excuse. There are a number of teams who constantly play shit yet atmospheres are good. 

The slow lethargic build up style football does not inspire fans. It's been this way since Puel which, incidentally, was around the time when the atmosphere took a nose dive.

I hate watching us, it's not our identity and does not fit into the club ethos "Foxes Never Quit".. on the contrary, they do and very easily.. and the fans have had enough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

You should use clappers in your section, the kids love them.