Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

People just can’t get into their heads that crowd energy seems to spur on players performance and not vice versa. To keep the team up, the section and sk2 should be bouncing every game and points are going to keep City up. 

yorkie1999 i may have viewed this differently but apart from the goal and goal music, I believe there was only 1-2 chants after and then it went dead. Atmosphere should carry on as kick off happens, not sing wys then sit with arms folded. 

I have never seen such a circle debate as this subject, it’s tiresome. Southampton, everton and Leeds are probably spurring their team on, trying to get to the final whistle with a win, some just seem content at kp with just watching, hoping that the players can find a spur of energy in the environment of a funeral.. 

Yes, you're right, but it just doesn't happen that way, there is only so much that your average fan can cheer on before they go fvck it, we ain't winning this. Fans see what's going off on the pitch, and another thing, players should be more than motivated in the first place.

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes, you're right, but it just doesn't happen that way, there is only so much that your average fan can cheer on before they go fvck it, we ain't winning this. Fans see what's going off on the pitch, and another thing, players should be more than motivated in the first place.

If you go back to the last few seasons, atmosphere is decent on who the opposition is. Take Liverpool last season for example, it was great before the match, carried on throughout which restricted liverpools chances, put salah under pressure for the penalty miss and then lookman grabbed his goal.. players reacted to that and the final result was worth it. 

You say there is only so much the average fan can take, granted but there is zero atmosphere from kick off, none. I understand that point if at half time they go in 1 or 2-0 down but this is from the first minute. For some reason the atmosphere at villa park couple of weeks back didn’t drop much throughout the match and the players responded to that. There’s no way away supports should out volume the home 

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Was really great seeing the amount of children in and around the section joining in with songs and enjoying the flags, scarf-waving and so on.

The Kids Want Ultra. :ph34r:

Some kids near me getting stuck right into the football based swearing too last night. Gave me confidence that there's hope for the future 😂

27 minutes ago, BrianBeane said:

Some kids near me getting stuck right into the football based swearing too last night. Gave me confidence that there's hope for the future 😂

It’s when you watch a 7 year olds mouth sing his cocks fcking massive that gets me.. I wasn’t allowed to say fart until I was about 10 :D

• Haha 2

One girl in the Blackburn stand got subjected to a round of "She's got chlamydia, she's got chlamydia" from lads in L1 last night.

Admittedly she did look a bit of a chav but she took it in good heart, raised her arms to her own fans laughing as they all cheered her which lead to both sets of fans laughing at the banter.

What would've/could've been contrived as poor taste actually turned out really funny due to her taking it in great spirit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

One girl in the Blackburn stand got subjected to a round of "She's got chlamydia, she's got chlamydia" from lads in L1 last night.

Admittedly she did look a bit of a chav but she took it in good heart, raised her arms to her own fans laughing as they all cheered her which lead to both sets of fans laughing at the banter.

What would've/could've been contrived as poor taste actually turned out really funny due to her taking it in great spirit.

Edited by Lcfc098

30 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Yeah, not great though.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

In what way is it worse?

They sing irrespective of anything happening on the pitch. I’m all for encouraging the team but singing an unconnected song while the opposition take a throw-in becomes little more than irrelevant, both to players and other fans.

Effective singing must happen naturally and at the appropriate times. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

So you can sit at the front with your flask and blanket

No, so people can sing naturally and in response to the action on the pitch. People aren’t idiots and they can’t be bullied into randomly singing at artificial moments.

Real singing at football matches can’t be forced unfortunately. Either it’s a natural response or it becomes the footballing equivalent of canned laughter.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Imagine this place if that had come from UFS.

• Like 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Imagine this place if that had come from UFS.

I absolutely hear you.

I posted and worded it as such with a very intrigued tongue in cheek as to what the reaction would be, as it seems what is classed as support and banter from some is on a very thin line with what others class as inappropriate and deplorable.

But what changes the narrative from what many would be aghast at, and turned the whole thing on it's arse, was the opposition girls reaction which somehow makes it kinda valid and taken in how football banter should.

She also gave it some back in good humour.

Some fvcking liberals on here might say “oh, FFS, that’s patently sexist bollocks aimed at an obvious minority target in their away support” and would probably bang on about how “it’s more like bullying than banter“

Not me though. Top class stuff from the L1 geniuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

They sing irrespective of anything happening on the pitch. I’m all for encouraging the team but singing an unconnected song while the opposition take a throw-in becomes little more than irrelevant, both to players and other fans.

Here’s an idea, you and your pals or even you yourself stand up when you feel it’s right and start what you feel is the right chant. Guarantee you that will kick things off.

No, so people can sing naturally and in response to the action on the pitch. People aren’t idiots and they can’t be bullied into randomly singing at artificial moments.

Real singing at football matches can’t be forced unfortunately. Either it’s a natural response or it becomes the footballing equivalent of canned laughter.

Bullied into randomly singing ffs lol

At this point it’s a shock if our fans even stand up for our chances, we hit the post and Barnes shot narrowly wide yesterday and our ‘Kop’ didn’t even move an inch. I’d say that’s a severe lack of ‘response to the action on the pitch’ 

• Like 4

Get a grip...'bullied into singing' lol

If we wait for a natural response from the majority of our fans then it'll be mainly boos that you hear. 

30 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Less atmosphere and singing.  the football has been awful though which doesn’t help. It just doesn’t feel that there has been any improvement 

So, in response to the problem of no atmosphere and singing, you're going after the group of 200 or so who are actually singing?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

10 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

What song should they be singing when the opposition take a throw-in then? Or should that be a dedicated moment of silence? lol

There's no such thing as an "artificial" moment in a football match. If you only want noise when there's an exciting bit of play then, well, that's the status quo. And the consensus seems to be that that's a crap state of affairs.

Oh, and nobody's being bullied. You either want to sing or you don't. There is literally no way you could be forced to join in if you didn't want to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

I suppose the only way around that is the chant we’ve got the ball, we’ve lost the ball for 90 mins 

• Haha 2