Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

7 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Well for starter, when Chelsea scored the 2nd goal, the Rodgers out chant was in full voice, only for the goal to be ruled out by VAR. 5 mins later we equalise and they're dancing around getting behind the team. Even people near me were telling them to shush....it was like they were away fans

Telling them to shush. :crylaugh:

• Haha 3

Great point on the vocal support FOR Rodgers. There isn’t any 

There was a young woman almost crying about the Rodgers out chants which was odd but maybe there is an underlying issue behind that. Theres a guy who sits not far from me who called stewards over to complain about the chants. I mean how petty is that? 

there is a lot of animosity towards the singing section which I don’t get. Without them the place would be silent 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Great point on the vocal support FOR Rodgers. There isn’t any 

There was a young woman almost crying about the Rodgers out chants which was odd but maybe there is an underlying issue behind that. Theres a guy who sits not far from me who called stewards over to complain about the chants. I mean how petty is that? 

there is a lot of animosity towards the singing section which I don’t get. Without them the place would be silent 

There's absolutely no doubt they are great at times yes but they're also the first group in the stadium to turn and get on everyone's back. The same people that boo players then sing their name 5 mins later. I used to find that cringey, now I just laugh 

14 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I didn't say anything about the end. Absolutely agree with you about the end. The game is done, vent your feelings but the singing throughout the game is not always positive when it's negative chants 

I personally wouldn't sing Rodgers out during the game but happily would afterwards. 

But it's mob rule isn't it. Like others have said if people support Rodgers and are upset by people chanting against him, then sing for him and see how far you get. 

35 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I'm about to upset a few people now but I've had a season ticket now for over 20 years and always sat in sk1 at the king power so I've seen alot of big ups and downs. 

The current singing section we have there is a disgrace so I apologise if you are in there but you're more fickle and two faced than anything I've seen. 

I totally respect everyone's opinions but the way you guys behave is cringey to say the least. Embarrassing at times.

Real sad state of affairs when you're supposed to be generating an atmosphere and supporting the team

I agree pal, would be better at home games if our only group of supporters trying to create an atmosphere just remained silent and left the away section get on with the library chants! 

They should all just follow suit and sit there like there all up there own backsides sat watching an opera performance.

Edited by josh_baskin

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I personally wouldn't sing Rodgers out during the game but happily would afterwards. 

But it's mob rule isn't it. Like others have said if people support Rodgers and are upset by people chanting against him, then sing for him and see how far you get. 

Agreed totally with you

6 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

There is a great irony in the fact that yesterday when anti-Rodgers sentiment was voiced, not one supporter in the ground decided to oppose it by singing in support of him. In fact I couldn’t even try to remember the last time I heard his name sung. 

I think the reaction towards the anti-Rodgers sentiment isn’t even because they disagree with it, it’s because they are perplexed at the sight of fans voicing an opinion. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, 75% of that ground does not care what happens. You could literally sack or employ any human being and it wouldn’t affect them. 

The Filbert Street edge has long gone. Different generation now. See how Everton fans mobilised and reacted last season when it looked like relegation was happening. They will also lose it when they move into their next ground. The 'Kop' is mostly just old time Carling Standers. We lost a generation during the dark years and will never get it back. Modern football, etc... 

• Like 1

Just now, josh_baskin said:

I agree pal, the atmosphere at home games would be far better if not for our only hope of a singing section remained silent and just let the away section get on with the library chants! 

They should all just follow suit and sit there like there all up there own backsides sat watching an opera performance.

Obviously you're one of them or you sound just as pathetic as them

I just think our supporters are very meek.

I think many are simply too shy to voice an opinion. 

I'm not overly keen myself tbh. I'm quite a reserved soul and don't like any attention. But sometimes you just have to step up. I shouted for his head consistently yesterday, I called out the Mendy substitution and called out Ward. although nobody joined in, nobody dissented and I got the impression broad nods and agreement ...but the fan base is very passive and just, well,  a bit weak 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Absolute nonsense mate, I know what I heard and saw.

Fickle and two faced are thoughts of alot of others too.....

Other grey, miserable, voiceless, passionless bags of skin sitting and waiting for..... Nothing

• Like 1