Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Sorry, what's an honesty flag?

It’s a flag that nerd fans get given cos our atmosphere is so bad. All they have to do is leave it where they find it. Prob is they’re stealing it so now they’re called honesty flags in a bid to stop they stealing them. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

When that drum was brought to L1 what little atmosphere there was in the ground went. Jobber has a great deal to answer for. No drum was ever needed.

Been a drum in L1 basically since the ground opened afaik

Not a fan of it but their was hardly an atmosphere down the walkers/KP in the first season or two

• Like 2

I say bring back the dumb clappy thingy me bob feel like that got the non vocal fans doing summit.

I remember taking my wife to a game(Bury away) (she wasn't a Leicester/football fan at the time) and she loved how loud our fans where and even said it felt like we was at home and they where the away team but the last game she saw on telly (still not much of football fan still lol but loves Leicester when we play) and she's like what happened to the Leicester Leicester Leicester chants and he's magic you know 😆 feel like chants more louder then some watching at King power 😆 

5 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Sometimes the hatred comes from the manner in which they left.

We love Kanté but despise Fofana as cases in point.

Kantè left with the humbleness and grace he always portrayed.

Fofana left as a person our chant portrays him as.

Get what you mean with some player but honestly can't remember Chilwell doing anything wrong or maybe it's been that long ago and i have forgotten how he left us but it was  kinda sad that his celebration was like "and whatt" but obviously reacted that way cos he was getting boo'ed alot. Think it might just be me that miss good old fashion football where players leave and if they score against us the player puts his hands up to say sorry. Dunno maybe missing good football I guess 😆 

Edited by TeamRocket
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

Been a drum in L1 basically since the ground opened afaik

Not a fan of it but their was hardly an atmosphere down the walkers/KP in the first season or two

Pre-drum didn't they moan that fans were banging on the flimsy back wall of the stand? I have more of an issue with the drum in the singing section, it's just not needed sometimes it's being twatted for the sake of it not even to get a song going. It's why I miss the proper Kop end. The noise carried better, people in the Kop actually went there because they wanted to sing not just because it was where they got together with their friends for a flask of tea.

• Like 2

So, ANYWAY....

Anyone got any videos / pictures of the Rodgers Out chants / banner in SK1 on Saturday? :ph34r:

Also big shout out to whoever brought that 'Happy Birthday Brend-a Nout' sticker and stuck it in the bogs. :fishing:

Edited by OntarioFox
Why is the editor correcting B r e n d a to Brendan? Is there some willy-puller type censorship magic going on? 😂
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

The way I remember it was Chilwell phoned in sick for training, turned up the following day bragging to team mates he'd met with Chelsea the day before and would be joining them that summer, didn't get the "Oh we're so pleased for you Ben" reaction that he expected, then played cautiously to avoid injury, a significant factor in us dropping out of the top 4 that season, joined Chelsea, said before the Cup final he'd like nothing more than to score against us, scored against us, acted a bell, goal was disallowed :D, in the league game targeted Ricardo's knee hence his retaliation and mass brawl and thanks to Danny Ward had the opportunity to gloat again on Saturday - his fans were at the other end of the ground but he was more interested in rubbing it in with the home fans. He let us down the season he left that's the bottom line, there are ways of leaving and jeopardising our chances of Champions League for his own career advancement was not on any of our priority lists just his. He knows how we feel hence his comments pre cup final, it's no surprise to him, he doesn't care, he's got his move, his Champions League trophy and the money, he just let down 25 team mates who had got us into a great position and 30,000 supporters that season by being a selfish so and so.

Ahh it's all flooded back 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

The way I remember it was Chilwell phoned in sick for training, turned up the following day bragging to team mates he'd met with Chelsea the day before and would be joining them that summer, didn't get the "Oh we're so pleased for you Ben" reaction that he expected, then played cautiously to avoid injury, a significant factor in us dropping out of the top 4 that season, joined Chelsea, said before the Cup final he'd like nothing more than to score against us, scored against us, acted a bell, goal was disallowed :D, in the league game targeted Ricardo's knee hence his retaliation and mass brawl and thanks to Danny Ward had the opportunity to gloat again on Saturday - his fans were at the other end of the ground but he was more interested in rubbing it in with the home fans. He let us down the season he left that's the bottom line, there are ways of leaving and jeopardising our chances of Champions League for his own career advancement was not on any of our priority lists just his. He knows how we feel hence his comments pre cup final, it's no surprise to him, he doesn't care, he's got his move, his Champions League trophy and the money, he just let down 25 team mates who had got us into a great position and 30,000 supporters that season by being a selfish so and so.

The way i remember it is that we all thought he was shite anyway? Bloke was the original Perez for being a scape goat and seemed miles off the quality of the rest of the team at the time. Remember Rodgers pointing at him while facing the crowd after all the abuse he had recieved. Couldnt stand him when he was here and hes still a greaseball twat now, dont miss the bloke a jot 🤣. Fofanas move was the one that hurt

Edited by South Shire Fox

12 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

This. Absolutely this.

Fella next to me (who wasn't exactly in disagreement, just the usual meek sort unwilling to admit he agreed) asked me if I was Brendan In again after Daka scored.

Pretty easy response - I told him the chant is 'through the good times and the bad, we'll always back the Lads'. That means the boys on the pitch, not the manager. He's not one of the lads.

And I do back the lads. I feel our squad, despite the horrible situation, IS better than this. I just despise the shite football they're playing, the sapping of their confidence, the fear they play with and the way they're openly talked down by the man they look to for direction.

What's really worrying is all the players seem to be behind Rodgers still and seem like they want to play for him. I genuinely don't understand why we're so bad then as it's not as if they've downed tools.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

What's really worrying is all the players seem to be behind Rodgers still and seem like they want to play for him. I genuinely don't understand why we're so bad then as it's not as if they've downed tools.

I dont think our players are that bad by any means. It’s the lack of consistency even within a game that is so disconcerting. First half against manure being a good example followed by a poor second half. Giving spurs a hiding then losing form again. Not helped by injuries and poor selection or substitutions. Very frustrating. Our players are certainly not poor by historical standards although we have been blessed in recent years by once in a generation players. If we show the desire and play without fear I still believe we can get out of this mess. 

36 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Were some in SK1 having a pop at the UFS guys for starting a Brendan out chant?

Nope.

That chant was started elsewhere too btw and a ‘Rodgers out’ banner was held up at the top of SK2 to massive cheers.

Edited by Munshi
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm surprised the club are still bothering with them tbh. Already been a huge dip in people using them. It's almost as if they were just a total fad that solved absolutely nothing! 

Most of them have probably been nicked!