Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/23380855.union-bears-rangers-police-banner-revealed-rangers-knock-back/

Interesting reading Rangers fans comments on the Union Bears not this incident but in general. 

Fans for and against and every comment could be about @Union FS

I'd imagine the debate happens up and down the country about these fans groups and how they effect the atmosphere. 

Edited by los dedos

On 12/03/2023 at 16:29, ElusiveEd said:

Sometimes the hatred comes from the manner in which they left.

We love Kanté but despise Fofana as cases in point.

Kantè left with the humbleness and grace he always portrayed.

Fofana left as a person our chant portrays him as.

ffs we love kante , well nobody left us with such a void to fill one season with us and couldnt wait to do one , he could of at least have gave us another season especially being in the champions league, do you think if he hadnt the clause in his contract  he would of happily got on with his job. left with humbleness and grace ffs

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lcfc old boy said:

ffs we love kante , well nobody left us with such a void to fill one season with us and couldnt wait to do one , he could of at least have gave us another season especially being in the champions league, do you think if he hadnt the clause in his contract  he would of happily got on with his job. left with humbleness and grace ffs

Think you're in a huge minority with those thoughts old boy.

Every time Kantè has been back to the KP the love shown for the man with the applause and cheers proves that.

However, I respect you have your view and - difficult to read - opinion.

20 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Think you're in a huge minority with those thoughts old boy.

Every time Kantè has been back to the KP the love shown for the man with the applause and cheers proves that.

However, I respect you have your view and - difficult to read - opinion.

sometimes the truth hurts

• Like 1

Although I live overseas so it’s not feasible for me to attend games as much as I’d love to I’ve noticed how many lcfc ticket ballots are coming to my email inbox! Is the KP emptying out for home games? I’ve never seen it like this before tbh. I could get tickets real easy to any game and they are still available 3 days before a game. This is a very ominous sign among other things.

I know we’re all peed off right now but surely we’re not surrendering to the threat of relegation?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Although I live overseas so it’s not feasible for me to attend games as much as I’d love to I’ve noticed how many lcfc ticket ballots are coming to my email inbox! Is the KP emptying out for home games? I’ve never seen it like this before tbh. I could get tickets real easy to any game and they are still available 3 days before a game. This is a very ominous sign among other things.

I know we’re all peed off right now but surely we’re not surrendering to the threat of relegation?

Yeah it’s because half of our stadium are not real fans and just people there for a day out. Once the going gets a bit tough and we’re not competing for top 4 and trophies they all realise they’re suddenly busy and don’t want to spend their money watching a relegation team.

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

People are skint and our prices are hellish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Not a very attractive proposition to spunk the best part of £50 on watching this gutless shit is it. 

The complete lack of action from the board is being met by a similar apathy from the fans. 

Are we even in a relegation scrap? 

13 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It'd be nice to see more people bring scarves for when you're smiling is played. 

I know it's asking alot at the moment, but it would make a difference.

Looked great at Cardiff for example. UFS have been trying to kickstart it but need buy in from everyone else.

Like others have said how many free scarves have we been given over the years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Looked great at Cardiff for example. UFS have been trying to kickstart it but need buy in from everyone else.

Nearly as many as the amount of goals we've given away this season. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It is odd and something that I have wondered about before why that fans never bring their scarfs to games.... you see fans abroad they all have scarves every week.

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

The life has been sucked out. Something similar to what happened at Stoke a few years back. They had one of the best atmospheres but somewhere it went stale and the fans got bored of just trying to stay up every season. They lost momentum. Obviously, we start from a higher bar, we are not Stoke City, but the club has a similar massive dark cloud hanging over it. Whether that's due to the manager, the owners or we have got fatigued by it all. The depression hits as soon as you walk down Raw Dykes Road and carries on to the match and after. You can feel it. The excitement and anticipation has gone. 

It was always thought that City fans are at their best in adversary. In the past a relegation scrap has brought out the seige mentality and we stick together, we rise to it but no evidence of that happening now. All clubs fortunes go in cycles. We are heading to the bottom of ours but it's not clear how deep it is. 

It's not a happy place and some are struggling with it having never previously experienced it. Some will run and hide, some won't. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you're right and to be perfectly honest, I've also re-sold our season ticket seats via the club for the last 3 home matches and also missed 2 matches at the start of the season. Admittedly, some of this was due to prearranged events. 

However, none of it was due to the threat of relegation, I'm not that fickle because having been going down since the late 60s and a season ticket holder since the 80s, sometimes with 2 kids in tow too, I've been there, done that, and relished the fight back in the following season. Always keen, always excited, always loved it. 

This time however it's very different and I'm completely apathetic to my team. Relegation, whilst a genuine threat,  is nothing to do with it, more the offerings and Rodgers style of play on the pitch and I genuinely do hold him responsible for that. That, combined with his apparent disrespect of our owners and fans combined with his inability to acknowledge any responsibility leaves me frustrated and cold. Top and the board are also culpable for allowing this to fester and continue.

I know a number of people that either do the same with their season tickets or just give them away, I'm not surprised at the amount of tickets coming up for sale.

If Rodgers remains manager, regardless of relegation, I forsee a number calling it a day like us. Will it bother the club? Not a jot, because the season tickets will get snapped up short term but, will those new season ticket holders have the 'through thick and thin' mentality of the past? People seem to have a very different instant success mentality these days I think. It's a lot of time and money to expend on something that is now essentially dull, boring and with a sense of disconnection from the team and club. I think the club have a different idea now as to what football and the sort of people that attend it are about or should be about. Probably we just no longer fit the mould. 

We can blame Rodgers, players or the owners but I think the current situation for us has just increased the general malaise of the game in general. As gloomy as it is at the moment, ultimately the catalyst for me is the way the game is 'managed' now. The inconsistancy of VAR, the time wasting and 'head' injuries with the ref playing along (Arsenal has almost made me turn my back on it) are making the expense and effort no longer worthwhile not helped by some of our own fans telling others to 'shush'. So grim. It's almost becoming unwatchable. I'll keep going (for now) because my seat is already paid for but I'm not far away from giving up which is sad and painful. If the club don't care then why should I? 

• Like 1

People are scared that if we stay up it means more Rodgers, essentially ruining football forever. 

There may be some feeling that the only way we get rid of the useless twonk is relegation and a fresh start. 

Not saying it's right but the thought of Rodgers being in that dugout next season just kills any enthusiasm I've got. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I think and hope by the time of the next home game it will have hit people that that's the situation we're in.

We've got to put anger at Rodgers and the board to one side temporarily and make sure as supporters we do everything we can for the rest of the season to keep OUR club up now, although whatever happens from now on the inquest needs to be immediate when the final whistle blows after West Ham (if we're still capable of staying safe by then!).

By the next home game we will be buried well in the bottom 3 so if the magnitude of the situation has not got through by then, god help us.