Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

It's all a bit formal ain't it? 

It made me miss the old days of paying on the gate, standing and singing where you wanted and I wasn't even born then lol 

Gutted I forget to mention goal music considering how much I hate it, but did mention other things that have added to the sterile atmosphere everywhere else away from the section.

• Like 1

Sk3 here, just submitted mine.

Highly supportive of the singing section, encouraged implementation of safe standing and removal of goal music and over the top stewarding. 

Mentioned the camera filming from the police from the same angle they use to promote the atmosphere 

Not a STH anymore due to location, got a free Saturday on the weekend we play Bournemouth so looked at coming down for the game and saw it’s £51 quid in the east stand.. 

I only go a few away games a year now so only ever pay £30 so maybe a bit out of touch but that’s actually disgusting value for money.

For a bit of comparison, my mate is a Man City fan and they are being charged £47 for a champions league quarter final against Bayern, and they are all kicking off over the high price.

Edited by ren
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ren said:

Not a STH anymore due to location, got a free Saturday on the weekend we play Bournemouth so looked at coming down for the game and saw it’s £51 quid in the east stand.. 

I only go a few away games a year now so only ever pay £30 so maybe a bit out of touch but that’s actually disgusting value for money.

I think you’ve picked the most expensive seats. Picked up a pair in the STH guest sale for £40 each in the block Bournemouth sent back. It’s on general sale as well now 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think you’ve picked the most expensive seats. Picked up a pair in the STH guest sale for £40 each in the block Bournemouth sent back. It’s on general sale as well now 

J3 is hardly hospitality mate. But yeah there is cheaper just the block I happened to click.

5 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Can’t believe the stuff I’ve heard from a few people who sit near me about their replies to this. Do aone people want absolute silence at games? 

My guess would be that they probably associate atmosphere / the singing section with hooliganism which is obviously not true but I can’t see a valid reason why anyone wouldn’t encourage a singing atmosphere.

I understand cheering on the team isn’t for everyone but let people sing together that want to sing and join in. The mood around the ground is fvcking shit majority of the time nowadays. Surely people want it to improve?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Can’t believe the stuff I’ve heard from a few people who sit near me about their replies to this. Do aone people want absolute silence at games? 

I think some do. There was a poster on here recently that was telling SK1 to shush.