Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not aimed at you, but is there ever actually a rush? I stay until the end (woohoo points for me!!!) every match, and languidly idle out the stadium and either into town or if getting a lift, to my dads car parked at Leicester Uni. Never have i had to wait at any stage, I walk unopposed, I also sit a few rows from the back so should hit 'people traffic.' Leaving early is a pathetic excuse IMO.

It's a load of old bollocks. Getting away from Leicester is a piece of piss. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nobbyburton said:

I think we all know we're seeing the last of Jamie Vardy, if our fans want to celebrate him we ****ing can. He's lost almost all his best qualities and I don't think he should be playing, but I thought he at least looked up for it yesterday. 

Honestly the shit people get angry at on here.

Sounds like you’re the one getting angry.

In my original post I simply asked the question why people felt obliged to give him a standing ovation after another inept performance. You gave your answer. Fine.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not aimed at you, but is there ever actually a rush? I stay until the end (woohoo points for me!!!) every match, and languidly idle out the stadium and either into town or if getting a lift, to my dads car parked at Leicester Uni. Never have i had to wait at any stage, I walk unopposed, I also sit a few rows from the back so should hit 'people traffic.' Leaving early is a pathetic excuse IMO.

I leave at the end every week and find it a pain in the arse most weeks. I suppose it depends which direction you’re heading in.

For me, it can sometimes take less time to walk home than it does to get to the car, queue, then get stuck in traffic. I live 3 miles from the ground to put that into context, so can walk it in 55 mins. But often the traffic can get quite congested to the point that it doesn’t free up until just after Frog Island.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

It's a load of old bollocks. Getting away from Leicester is a piece of piss. 

Getting on the M69 definitely isn't easy. I never leave early so have to sit in a queue for about 20/30 mins until it gets moving properly. So I can see why some people do it but I didn't like how many left early last night when the team need us.

48 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I leave at the end every week and find it a pain in the arse most weeks. I suppose it depends which direction you’re heading in.

For me, it can sometimes take less time to walk home than it does to get to the car, queue, then get stuck in traffic. I live 3 miles from the ground to put that into context, so can walk it in 55 mins. But often the traffic can get quite congested to the point that it doesn’t free up until just after Frog Island.

Ok fair enough, I go back home down London Road, over the flyover then through Frog Island and tbf never notice any traffic. Then again I am not driving and usually on my phone catching up with other results and post match reaction

Guest Fox99
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I read it couldn’t be blasted out due to the wifi problems. Reading that is does sound daft though.

Ah momentarily forgotten about that, wouldn’t necessarily have thought it would prevent the tune being played. Apparently it still was though as per @JMenzfeld

Guest Fox99

Unfortunately then we’re still one of the few clubs in the league with goal music. Unsure how many others there actually are, Palace and Wolves spring to mind.

7 minutes ago, the draper said:

Couldn't believe how flat it was last night 

The kids made a good effort but 

I thought the fans tried continually to encourage the team, especially from the singing section,  but for the majority of the time it wasn’t reciprocated by the teams performance. Instead we were demoralised from the off. Firstly seeing a strange combo of Ndidi, Mendy and KDH toil in a midfield line up that I don’t think ANY fan on here would’ve gone with, and then watch this combo be outplayed by the likes of ‘Scuttler’ McGinn.

Then we were seeing Maddison playing a peripheral role struggling to cover their rapid left flank.

Then we had the confirmation watching the game that Vardy wasn’t just underperforming because of Rodgers and that actually his legs may well have gone.

We watched Sadler et al demonstrate that they aren’t a viable interim option with their strange team selection & defensive set up, their painful and lengthy procrastination that resulted in the sending off just before the player was getting hooked off and their set up thereafter where we made no attempt to attack with our 10 men (unlike Everton did v Spurs.) 

All of this certainly muted the support - basically the realisation that the team probably don’t believe they are good enough to stay up and that the current management cover haven’t got the nous to pick the right team or give the players the belief that they so desperately need. The muted atmosphere was the collective us realising that were were being out footballed by Aston Villa and that we look increasingly like relegation certs😔

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Not sure what you were expecting.    A fanatical cauldron of noise?   Non-stop singing for 90+ minutes, celebrating our 2-1 defeat?   The Hanging Gardens of Babylon?

Bearing in mind, We've had the life sucked out of us for 2 years now, with the most boring slow turgid football ... I thought the fans made a fairly decent effort last night.

It obviously went flat from the 70th minute, once we were down to 10 men ... and even worse when 1/4 of the crowd Foxtrot Oscar's off after their 2nd goal.   But it was 10 times better than the last 2 home games.

Expected better than it was given there was free beer,  bring back the clappers :ph34r:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, the draper said:

Expected better than it was given there was free beer,  bring back the clappers :ph34r:

We really are piss poor when it comes to our singing. Sat in G1 last night and there were only around 10 of us singing . Sk1 made a bit of nose and a few scattered in sk2. Thought the rest of that end was poor. Irs not down to the football it's our demographic. Even in the title year most were just happy to slap a cardboard fan like  they were on a variety club outing. Even away we very rarely have noisy ends. When villa did start their 3000 were lower than our 28000

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Wolves however it has been moved by us for a few reasons. It was penciled in for earlier in the season orginally.

Good work as usual lad 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

Edited by ronnup
  • Thanks 1

On 04/04/2023 at 23:24, Ted Maul said:

Not ploughing on with the plans to expand is about the only foresight the board has shown in the last couple of years

...we do need to go through with the expansion and the other developments!!!

If we do not, all this would have been for nothing. The developments away from the ground are to bring money into the club. We have a plan, we need to follow through. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1