Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

44 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Are you one of those old men who refuse to wave the honesty flags? Or do you think the players will be inspired by your mere presence and occasional moaning.

Yeah mate wish I was as young and cool as you waving an honesty flag clapping my clapper.

Edited by ren
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I am waiting for the first 'clappers are back? Well I hope we lose, then they might sack off the clappers'

Did a lot more for the atmosphere than not having them. The singing section hasn't really worked, so desperate measures. I'm glad they are back

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

Did a lot more for the atmosphere than not having them. The singing section hasn't really worked, so desperate measures. I'm glad they are back

I agree. It allows non vocal fans to help towards the atmosphere and it never drowns out the singing when we had them. Think it's good personally regardless of the perception of a fake atmosphere!! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Everyone of us has two hands. Use them.

Fully conditioned thousands to think you need to waft cardboard about to create an atmosphere.

Take your point. But it doesn't have the same impact. I can never hear clapping with hands and it makes the atmosphere seem flat. Manufactured or not, if it gives the players a 1% lift, it's money well spent imo.

Just now, Biggus said:

If I remember correctly the clappers first game was against West ham in 2015 -  the first game of the Great Escape - can it be repeated?!

It was the first time we used them and may have been a catalyst. If it can do the same again....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Sounds to me like you’re ready to take up golf

We're in a desperate struggle against relegation and apparently our fans can't be noisy enough to back the club on their own without a tacky bit of cardboard to slap. They're embarrassing. Unfortunately we have so many robotic morons who will do what they're told, I'm sure people will lap it up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shailen said:

I agree. It allows non vocal fans to help towards the atmosphere and it never drowns out the singing when we had them. Think it's good personally regardless of the perception of a fake atmosphere!! 

You're kidding? Listen on the telly. All you can hear is slapslapslapslapslapslapslap in the background. 300 people singing, drowned out by 30,000 of these idiotic things. They do nothing for the atmosphere and if they were that great 91 other clubs would have their own. Every other club that tried them (Norwich, QPR, Fulham) ditched them after fan complaints. Embarrassing we supposedly need them because our ground is too quiet even in a relegation scrap .

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Biggus said:

If I remember correctly the clappers first game was against West ham in 2015 -  the first game of the Great Escape - can it be repeated?!

They were technically put out before that for odd games like play off semis if my memory is still working but yes West Ham with the Fox tifo kicked it all off.

I still say that’s the best tifo.

1 hour ago, Biggus said:

Clearly that is the clubs thinking.  It just shows how desperate they`ve become, now that the reality of relegation has finally hit them square in the nose! If only they had woken up at the same time as most of the fans, and got rid of Rodgers months ago!

• Like 2