Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Today was one of the loudest games all season. 

Nah, there were decent atmospheres earlier in the season, in spite of Brendan ball but  considering where we are it was decent enough until you saw the players  not really giving much of a shit bar a couple, kinda sad that Vardy is going out in such a shit show too.

People who clapped the players off at the end yesterday are the equivalent of Top backing Rodgers for months and months after he had lost the plot.

Stubborn loyalty to incompetence is a recipe for disaster. There is no virtue in it whatsoever.

• Like 4

My overwhelming feeling this morning is of sadness. Sadness that this extraordinary nine years in the Premier League is coming to an end so ignominiously. 

I think I’ve seen 3 wins in the League out of 20 plus games since the beginning of 2022. And now we are appointing the man who managed the team which accounted for two of those wins.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

My overwhelming feeling this morning is of sadness. Sadness that this extraordinary nine years in the Premier League is coming to an end so ignominiously. 

I think I’ve seen 3 wins in the League out of 20 plus games since the beginning of 2022. And now we are appointing the man who managed the team which accounted for two of those wins.

Eat a chocolate egg mate. That’ll cheer you up. 

• Haha 1

I don't really think that booing players or getting on their backs works too well. Personally, I will clap them if I think they gave it an effort and deserve it. If not, I just walk out silently. However, I can fully understand people being frustrated and having to let it out, each to their own. I didn't know where to stick my frustration yesterday.

I thought the atmosphere was good first half even though we were poor, Bournemouth scoring then killed that a bit. Second half was hard work as there was very little on the pitch to drag the fans along.

Clappers I am not a fan of and I wish it was a collection only type, don't force 30,000 of them into the ground. I am happy if a few thousand pick them up as those people probably never make any noise with their hands/mouth and it can add to the atmosphere. What we don't want is 20,000 clapping with them is it can drown out the "real" or "natural" atmosphere. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

The trouble is ... that's how it often ends with our relegations.    More often than not over the last 50 years, we collapse without a fight ... rather than have a good dramatic relegation escape.   There have been a couple of great last day escapes like 1986 and 1991, but the norm is we sink like a stone.

• Like 1

Atmosphere was cracking before the game the Tifo the clappers the noise..even that awful when your smiling was decent 

The team then started like a bunch of grannies with urinary tract infection :blink:

Once vardy and Ricardo were saved from further embarrassment the atmosphere picket up again 

Very decent effort from the Stands the tifo was also very very good 

We just appear to have a large portion of fans who simply do not care.

87/88 minutes played yesterday and we are 1-0 down at home 'fighting' for survival and hundreds of fans start heading for the exits. 

Then the majority of fans who did stay behind just stood in silence once the full time whistle was blown or were politely clapping! lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lee7 said:

87/88 minutes played yesterday and we are 1-0 down at home 'fighting' for survival and hundreds of fans start heading for the exits. 

It's not hundreds that's a problem.   It's the bloody thousands.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Then the majority of fans who did stay behind just stood in silence once the full time whistle was blown or were politely clapping! lol

I don't think it's not caring it's more a case of people being stunned by the downfall, the lack of fight and even effort. Since Rodgers was booted it's finally hitting home with far more people the season is a shit show. The ones talking about Great Escape spirit especially got a shock yesterday. The biggest game of the season and the players simply didn't give a fk.

I thought the fans really did get behind the team, during the warm up, tifo and showed some defiance. As usual, the life got slowly sucked out as the performance unfolded. Most couldn't even summon the will to boo at the end. Just a numb feeling. Sad times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

We're we? Didn't see anything remotely like fighting for survival. 

Still, one goal in it in a huge game against your relegation rivals and people are just wandering off with 5-10 minutes to go. Really strange behaviour.

• Like 2