Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Still, one goal in it in a huge game against your relegation rivals and people are just wandering off with 5-10 minutes to go. Really strange behaviour.

I think people just feel like we've got nothing. I stayed up until Daka's pathetic effort, was about 1 min from time, but seriously could have got 10 mins before.

People pay good money in these times and those on the pitch show absolutely nothing. I don't blame people giving up, the players do it.

19 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Still, one goal in it in a huge game against your relegation rivals and people are just wandering off with 5-10 minutes to go. Really strange behaviour.

Same folk were doing it in the title season

at least they are constantly 

Guest Mee-9

Going to drop the club an email with a suggestion to introduce this at half time. Would be a brilliant way to unite warring fans, and would be fantastic as nothing happens at half time. Build positivity Leicester.

Didn't clap yesterday, don't when they've played crap. Just walk off.

Negative atmosphere doesn't help.  The 'sack the board' chants were uncalled for yesterday. Can't sing sack the manager so look for the next scapegoat? Just numpties joining in with it. Hopefully they f off next season if we go down along with all the day trippers.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, C.J said:

Didn't clap yesterday, don't when they've played crap. Just walk off.

Negative atmosphere doesn't help.  The 'sack the board' chants were uncalled for yesterday. Can't sing sack the manager so look for the next scapegoat? Just numpties joining in with it. Hopefully they f off next season if we go down along with all the day trippers.

Do you think the board are doing a good job? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Do you think we’d actually have a football club without them? 
  I don’t get this anti owners/anti board stuff, what’s the angle behind it, are some fans hoping for some sort of Dortmund deal?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t get this anti owners/anti board stuff, what’s the angle behind it, are some fans hoping for some sort of Dortmund deal?

Anti board is not anti owners. Top is the owner in a stand alone position. Under him is Whelan, Silvester, Rudkin & co. They're the board.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I suspect we would, to be truthful. They arrived halfway through our journey back up the leagues. Their most significant relative investment was before they reappointed the management structure which had been there before they arrived. That structure, during and after Pearson, and with the addition of Claudio, guided us to the title. They have invested modestly since, and royally screwed up the past couple of years. Would we have won the league without them? Possibly not. Were they one of the most critical factors in our success? I'd debate that. Would we still exist if MM had had to turn to other investors? Of course.

But KP aren't football managers, they haven't personally mishandled the footballing side of things during this decline, and previously many of their big calls (regardless of whether they were based on any true insight into the game's machinations) were spectacularly successful. So I wouldn't get carried away with how wonderful they are, and I wouldn't be baying for their blood either. I still believe that Top has the club's best intentions at heart, so in spite of the chaos caused by those 'footballing people' that he's employed to look after us, I'd give him a chance to set it right.

11 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

I don’t get the hate on Maddison.  He was clearly gutted when the goal went in and was still beating himself up about it in the post-match interview.  He commented on the atmosphere at the start and when the subs came on giving the players a lift.  He also said the fans were entitled to say what they did at the end.  Anyone who says he doesn’t care is talking bollox quite frankly.  

Best player we’ve had for the last twelve months 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Anti board is not anti owners. Top is the owner in a stand alone position. Under him is Whelan, Silvester, Rudkin & co. They're the board.

Yes, you are correct, but with 8 games left, the time is not right to get rid of any one else. Sacking the manger was daft enough and many fans have had their wish come true, personally I think sacking Rodgers has put us in an even worse situation, sacking the board, discrediting the owner ( read the top thread) is even more ridiculous.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Aren’t Top and his brother on the Board? They’re certainly 2 of the 4 Directors listed on Companies House

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

They've had a challenging set of circumstances to deal with over the past couple of years, and top has got to find his own way. But I'd hate to think where we'd be without them. I can't blame them for not wanting to get burned by ffp.

1 hour ago, CUJimmy said:

I don’t get the hate on Maddison.  He was clearly gutted when the goal went in and was still beating himself up about it in the post-match interview.  He commented on the atmosphere at the start and when the subs came on giving the players a lift.  He also said the fans were entitled to say what they did at the end.  Anyone who says he doesn’t care is talking bollox quite frankly.  

I can't say we should get on his back because of one mistake, but his performance yesterday was woeful considering we all know what he can do. And to give that kind of performance in such an important game, it's no wonder he is being singled out. Words are cheap, it's actions that count. He needs to raise his game or not bother wearing the shirt, like many of them.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes because there was a football club before the owners. A football club what was a penalty shoot out and 90 minutes away from the Premier League. 

• Like 3

We need to be clear here.  

LCFC’s revenues were not affected by COVID. In fact we had our highest ever revenue in the history of the club. 

Set away from the sensible approach of letting players go at their peak transfer fees and placed a lot of faith in a recruiting fraud. 

The effect on COVID for King Power undoubtedly affected their business revenue but if anything it should have increased their attention on LCFC as their most valuable asset which would retain and grow it’s value the more stable in the PL it is. 

The last three years could have managed a lot better and a lot more sensible. FFP wouldn’t have been an issue if the wage bill was managed and incoming transfer fees were maximised.  For example, we could made serious money on Tielemans (the story that the transfer market slowed is a red herring considering Havertz was signed by Chelsea for £72million during the COVID period). 

As a ITK said, it has all the hallmarks of their initial period at the club where poorly advised decisions were made. With some right dodgy people involved as well until Vichai started to take control of it all. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Do you think they will hear a few hundred people singing sack the board and relinquish control?

Or is that kind of chanting just adding to the toxic negative atmosphere and mood around the club in a period where we need absolutely everyone United and fighting for their lives. 

6 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

He's saying all that because he's not stupid. He's trying to get out of this sinking ship as unscathed as he can, and who can blame him? We can't expect him to work miracles when the whole club is in freefall.

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

We need to be clear here.  

LCFC’s revenues were not affected by COVID. In fact we had our highest ever revenue in the history of the club. 

Set away from the sensible approach of letting players go at their peak transfer fees and placed a lot of faith in a recruiting fraud. 

The effect on COVID for King Power undoubtedly affected their business revenue but if anything it should have increased their attention on LCFC as their most valuable asset which would retain and grow it’s value the more stable in the PL it is. 

The last three years could have managed a lot better and a lot more sensible. FFP wouldn’t have been an issue if the wage bill was managed and incoming transfer fees were maximised.  For example, we could made serious money on Tielemans (the story that the transfer market slowed is a red herring considering Havertz was signed by Chelsea for £72million during the COVID period). 

As a ITK said, it has all the hallmarks of their initial period at the club where poorly advised decisions were made. With some right dodgy people involved as well until Vichai started to take control of it all. 

I laughed at this bit as well - so we didn't sell because the market was skewed but we still ended up spending loads ourselves anyway. So what did we 'actually' think Vestergaard was worth if we got him at the "reduced market rate" of £15mil?

They took their eye off the ball.

• Like 1