Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

4 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

does anyone recall which game he performed at?

something tells me Ipswich at home 05/06. prime Kisnorbo times

Reading home, under Sven I believe. If I am correct, I'm quite ashamed that I can remember that and not the names of family members on occasions.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

does anyone recall which game he performed at?

something tells me Ipswich at home 05/06. prime Kisnorbo times

There's a YouTube video from 2011 which says it was vs Reading lol 

5 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

goodness me. 2011. don't recall myself going to a game in that era agaisnt Reading. what was the ft result? i know i witnessed this but i dont remember the game/score.

If it was 2011 it would've been the first home game of the season and we lost 2-0.

10 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We were bookies favourites for the title that season as well 😂

After Svens transfer trolly dash

We signed loads of players that summer though I think. First game of that season possibly the most fun away game ever, 5,000 at Cov for the 1-0 win. Absolutely no drip trays and 19 year olds on their phones 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

6,155 Vs Shrewsbury in 1983 shivered through and cheered us on to a 3 - 2 win on the start of that great run culminating in promotion 

Got to be one of the lowest gates that one, recall it was often 7 to 10k in 87 and 88. Combination of rubbish Football and the height of Hooliganism driving fans away. Also remember playing Villa on a Saturday morning once, won 5-0 Lineker hat trick. Kicked off 11.30 I think and less than 12000 turned up. 

• Like 1

Guest Fox99
4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

There would. People will always see Filbert Street as "home" and I think this applies to all fanbases that have moved ground. Moving is so difficult.

I'm of the mind that Filbert Way in its current state doesn't help with that feeling of this is home. There are plenty of ways the club could improve the stadium in this aspect which would make a significant difference.

Just now, SK3Blue said:

Got to be one of the lowest gates that one, recall it was often 7 to 10k in 87 and 88. Combination of rubbish Football and the height of Hooliganism driving fans away. Also remember playing Villa on a Saturday morning once, won 5-0 Lineker hat trick. Kicked off 11.30 I think and less than 12000 turned up. 

11,885 from memory - Lineaker hat trick - apparently we'd been training in the dark before the game and caught them cold. 

SK3Blue - Great Name

I was Pen 2, then Pen 3 and then of course Crazy Kop Corner 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

We signed loads of players that summer though I think. First game of that season possibly the most fun away game ever, 5,000 at Cov for the 1-0 win. Absolutely no drip trays and 19 year olds on their phones 

I was there, Kasper’s debut for us amongst others less easily remembered. Nuge as well maybe? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

I was there, Kasper’s debut for us amongst others less easily remembered. Nuge as well maybe? 

Lee Peltier got the winner I think after Vassell got a red card if that's the game you are referring to. Was a good turnout. 

• Like 1