Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

17 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We had quite a number leaving near us just after 80 minutes. Which, equally, surprised me.  As you say, many games this season, it's been dire and depressing, so perfectly understandable people want the misery to end asap. We were actually winning yesterday and the atmosphere was much better, no idea why you'd leave 10 minutes early.

Never ever ever underestimate the importance of getting back in time for  strictly come dancing to some of our supporters

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The atmosphere was better because we won. Just as it was when we pasted Notts Forest, without clappers. The fact that some are saying they improve the atmosphere sums up exactly the problem they have created by introducing them in the first place. 

We battered Spurs but the atmosphere wasn’t as good as it was yesterday. I think the fact it was Smith’s first game added to it too, mind. 

12 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

image.thumb.png.a1a93a5f20cee78b20edfeb8b7e47c73.pngFrom the Wolves  forum

We didn't play wolves in the great escape or title winning season so they have never really experienced the kp at its best before yesterday. 

Honestly on our day the atmosphere is so good just a shame "our day" only happens during once in lifetime title wins and complete and utter backs to the wall all is lost adversary. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

We had quite a number leaving near us just after 80 minutes. Which, equally, surprised me.  As you say, many games this season, it's been dire and depressing, so perfectly understandable people want the misery to end asap. We were actually winning yesterday and the atmosphere was much better, no idea why you'd leave 10 minutes early.

Yep, I get some people have mitigating circumstances for whatever reason, but the reality is that very few people have to go at that specific point on a Saturday in April.

Despite that, it was still pretty minor. The view from the touch line highlights that, I’d say that around 90% were still in their seats. Either way, really enjoyed it yesterday atmosphere wise - I hope that we can create a ‘siege mentality’ for the final few matches. 

18 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Probably isn't now. Once hope turns to expectation it usually drops off.

Us, Wolves, Stoke, Huddersfield, Sheff United have all had the best atmospheres in the league at some point over the last 10 or so years and ended up going flat. 

Agreed. Getting promotion and being the underdog is a big thing I think, everybody is together more at first. When Huddersfield first come up their atmosphere was the best I heard all season. The following year, albeit they were down (or nearly down), it wasn't half as good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed. Getting promotion and being the underdog is a big thing I think, everybody is together more at first. When Huddersfield first come up their atmosphere was the best I heard all season. The following year, albeit they were down (or nearly down), it wasn't half as good.

Huddersfield just after they'd got promoted is one of the best I've heard since we came back up (albeit they had clappers at the time I think)

Guest Fox99

Atmospheres like Saturday do not need clap banners, the Forest and Spurs home games have proved this. It was noticeable during the game they were drowning out vocal efforts which is already known to be the case, and while clappers remain even our best atmospheres are going to be tainted by the artificial noise. I'm personally ashamed that we are a club that uses them and the only ones in the league to do so, but realise not everyone sees it this way.

Edited by AlexFT