Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

One of the best away atmospheres been to considering we were never winning at any point.

last year the forest away atmosphere was so bad (even when we weren’t losing) that it made me feel like not bothering for away games ever again. 

Last night made you want to go to every away game

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They get you like this don't they. I reckon 3 times a season we have belting aways. You go to most of our away games and its just tepid, start thinking whats the point then one out the blue comes and grabs you back in.  

Do think it's to do with more people having access to tickets ?

As in some of the usual crowd didn't bother so more members got a look in !

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

The realisation of how ****ed we could be crossed with us actually trying in games could be a factor 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Leeds fans didn't sound very loud through the TV which surprised me. You could hear ours quite a bit 

That surprises me, because we were right next to the Leeds fans behind the goal, and they were very very loud. 

We were pretty good as well, especially the "we love you" chant and twirling scarves. 

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Their south stand was a sea of bodies for the goal. Thought we were very decent for periods, everyone seemed well up for it. 

We were right beside them and when they scored, they went mental.

It was like a 1980s goal style celebration. No happy clapping there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coolcol said:

That surprises me, because we were right next to the Leeds fans behind the goal, and they were very very loud. 

We were pretty good as well, especially the "we love you" chant and twirling scarves. 

As I say it was only through the TV and it doesn't always do it justice! I think I was just expecting it to be more noticeable than it was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Leeds fans didn't sound very loud through the TV which surprised me. You could hear ours quite a bit 

I didn’t think they were until they scored. Marching On Together is always loud but they were then quiet until they scored. 

They probably disappointed some people on here when comparing to our home atmosphere :whistle:

I always like going Elland Road though, great old “proper” ground.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

No, we just played well and looked like we fancied winning the match. Usual crowd probably never bother, they just aren't passing on their tickets to their usual mongy mates anymore

Edited by grobyfox1990
pressed send too quick
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, coolcol said:

We were right beside them and when they scored, they went mental.

It was like a 1980s goal style celebration. No happy clapping there. 

Fair play to them, that’s what I like to see (that’s how it should be) wild celebrations 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Called it: 

My only slight niggle is that song could go on and on, a song that clearly made/makes the fans heard but seemed to fizzle out after two times.. but what a spectacle watching all the scarves waving.. I’ll be bringing mine Monday 

23 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

How is Elland Road these days? Last time I went the stewards were just obsessed with getting the entire section to sit down.

They've always been like that at Elland Road from my experience, but last night I didn't see any of that.

It's one of my favourite grounds but in the stands you seem to be packed in. Can tell how old it is.