Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Atmosphere was very good tonight in terms of volume. 

Died off a little in the last 10 minutes as the players ran out of steam and Everton started to look the more likely to score.

The song variety is really poor at the moment though. 'We love you' and 'Vichai had a dream' on repeat all game is better than quiet, but it's still shit. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DennisNedry said:

Died off a little in the last 10 minutes as the players ran out of steam and Everton started to look the more likely to score.

The song variety is really poor at the moment though. 'We love you' and 'Vichai had a dream' on repeat all game is better than quiet, but it's still shit. 

Ive seen lads say it has to stoop that low to get more on board with actually singing.

• Like 3

Really good tonight, singing section was great.. only thing that pissed me off a bit was the announcement for everyone to sit down as people couldn’t see. Sorry but I don’t think anyone in the section gave two hoots. Great atmosphere tonight, let’s hope it’s just as good when Liverpool come to town in a couple of weeks.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Think I only heard vichai had a dream twice.. definitely in need of a freshen up though.. 

still ain’t cottoned on to the home and away chant but sorry, that ain’t going to lift off.. it’s like it’s one verse so everyone can join in but it’s a ruination of what could be a decent song 

20 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

That was triggered by a stadium announcement asking fans to sit down 😂

Lol.....He had more chance of that happening than me growing hair on my shiny bald head.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The chap it came from will have really hated it too.

Probably enforce some new draconian measure because the announcement got the mick taken out of for 5 mins

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

It’s embarrassing that the club is making tannoy announcements for people to sit down when nearly every other club is introducing safe standing areas.

Out of touch is an understatement.

It's not embarrassing at all. The announcement will just be to cover their backs in the unlikely event someone topples over the seat in front, hurts themselves or someone else and the club gets sued.

Agree about the standing areas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was having a good laugh at this all the way home. When it was immediately pointed out to her that it says on the website kids under 2 aren't allowed in she said "but it says nothing about the away fans" lol. Idiot. 

This was the family they kept calling out on the PA for 😂

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Even some Everton fans on the responses to her tweet aren't in her corner lol

As some of the more intelligent ones implied ....  it's a difficult call.    The trouble is ... If the toddler gets injured, even if accidentally crushed by their own fans, you know what's going to happen.   And it's not going to be a "oh well, never mind, these things happen in life."

• Like 1

Clappers are fvcking terrible, just people mindlessly banging away at them out of tune all game. Gives people an excuse not to actually sing too so I’m not buying the whole ‘atleast they’re doing something’ argument that gets chucked about 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Clappers are fvcking terrible, just people mindlessly banging away at them out of tune all game. Gives people an excuse not to actually sing too so I’m not buying the whole ‘atleast they’re doing something’ argument that gets chucked about 

People were actually trying to clap them along to the melody of Hey Jude yesterday. Like, come on... lol

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

As some of the more intelligent ones implied ....  it's a difficult call.    The trouble is ... If the toddler gets injured, even if accidentally crushed by their own fans, you know what's going to happen.   And it's not going to be a "oh well, never mind, these things happen in life."

Yep. Jim was just doing his job so I'm hoping eventually she will see sense as to why this call was taken. 

She has no business taking a baby that young to a football game.