Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Not there (obviously) but it seems that the improved atmosphere has coincided with the return of clappers.
Is it...the same people telling someone how to bring up their kids are the same ones complaining about government interference and nanny state etc?

Sounded amazing yesterday. 

The first 15-20 mins was the best I've heard it all season. 

Naturally things start to die off when frustration sets in from seeing just how shit we are. 

But I thought the crowd were brilliant - wasn't much in the way of grumbling considering the amount of mistakes they have to put up with.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Not there (obviously) but it seems that the improved atmosphere has coincided with the return of clappers.
Is it...the same people telling someone how to bring up their kids are the same ones complaining about government interference and nanny state etc?

It's improved due to the predicament we are in. City fans has always been good in adversity. It we survive, I think we'll look back on these last few games as the period that shook us out of our apathy and reignited us. Good experience for some of our younger fans. Nothing like a good relegation scrap to get us sticking together. 

• Like 2

Our fans were good yesterday especially considering how much of a nail biter it was. 

But my god the match day experience is cringey now with the fan cam (and the fan cam music), clappers, goal music. All club imposed which shows how out of touch they are and just trying to appeal to families who spend £ in the club shop. 

That said the tifo was impressive from UFS and L1 has had some criticism but was alright in parts.

• Like 2

Dropped off second half but I put that down to the fact that most of the ground was absolutely bricking it when their equaliser went in. 

My personal highlight, which sums up pretty much every feeling I and many others have about the poxyness of our fanbase, was when I stood up for about 3 seconds to join in with 'stand up if you love Leicester' and was met with two or three shouts of "sit down" from gruff, half-legible, geriatric voices. I turned around swiftly to try and identify the offenders but just offered a "you do realise you're at a football match?" 

25 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Dropped off second half but I put that down to the fact that most of the ground was absolutely bricking it when their equaliser went in. 

My personal highlight, which sums up pretty much every feeling I and many others have about the poxyness of our fanbase, was when I stood up for about 3 seconds to join in with 'stand up if you love Leicester' and was met with two or three shouts of "sit down" from gruff, half-legible, geriatric voices. I turned around swiftly to try and identify the offenders but just offered a "you do realise you're at a football match?" 

I had a guy behind me shove me twice and when I turned round to ask why I was shoved he threw his hand.. pathetic really

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

People leaving with 5 minutes to go at 2-2 in a huge game. That's poor.

I rarely leave games early but when I do I always leave it as late as possible. Think I left with 15 seconds left to play as I knew the game was done and I had to drive back to London. 

People were arguing near me last night about standing.

When one row stands people behind then stand and it creates a domino effect.

Until you get to the row that doesn't want to stand, they moan like hell to the people in front of them who only stood up in the first place to carry on watching the game.

It's football, a game that gets fans out of there seats.

The debate continues.....

2 hours ago, ren said:

Our fans were good yesterday especially considering how much of a nail biter it was. 

But my god the match day experience is cringey now with the fan cam (and the fan cam music), clappers, goal music. All club imposed which shows how out of touch they are and just trying to appeal to families who spend £ in the club shop. 

That said the tifo was impressive from UFS and L1 has had some criticism but was alright in parts.

The Tifo was fab as always.

The most frustrating thing about fan cam apart from the accompanying music is that it’s actually permanently just ‘Section B1 Fancam.’ My little boy gets so annoyed because he sees it happening across the other side of the pitch and has realised it’s never going to come round to him. 😂

I actually don’t mind the clappers, they do improve the noise it’s a fact. 

The other thing that is embarrassing is the malfunctioning t shirt guns (or t shirt gun operators) at half time and the accompanying thrower who has been trained to not be able to throw further than 5 rows. The people on the front rows must have a vast selection of ill-fitting badly printed LCFC t shirts cluttering up their washing lines. 😂

• Haha 1

Any chance we can do what Man United did before Barcelona for the Liverpool home game?

Following a request from fans, the music will be turned off inside the ground at 19:45 GMT, 15 minutes before kick-off, so the atmosphere can really start to build. As we look to maximise our home advantage, there is a hope spectators will be in their seats by then to sing their hearts out and show maximum support for Erik's men. The teams will then enter the pitch to a raucous reception as we look to ensure a place in Friday's last-16 draw and recreate the unforgettable European nights of the past when Old Trafford has been rocking before, during and after the match.

@Union FS

Edited by Yes N'Didi
  • Like 4

I don't know guys. Our stadium attendance is always a family matter for many years now. I've been to many away games, no other PL team in the country has so many families attending. Don't get me wrong, it's nice but we can't expect a hot, european style atmosphere. Board knows that and they keep an eye everyday on takings from the store regarding merchandise. This is why they're going the NBA style. Fancam, music, they might also sell the club to Americans and we'll see cheerleaders, cannons throwing shirts and fans trying to score (successfully) against Ward in HT from the penalty spot. 

• Haha 1

I don't know why there's an expectation that turning the music off will improve the support, it's off for 90 minutes + every game and it's often a morgue. It would be even more embarrassing without it. It's the same with the argument with the clappers....We've not had them for months/years, where was the raucous atmosphere then?

It's the same with away games really. No clappers, no control over the music, yet our following compared to many others is poor vocally. 

43 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't know guys. Our stadium attendance is always a family matter for many years now. I've been to many away games, no other PL team in the country has so many families attending. Don't get me wrong, it's nice but we can't expect a hot, european style atmosphere. Board knows that and they keep an eye everyday on takings from the store regarding merchandise. This is why they're going the NBA style. Fancam, music, they might also sell the club to Americans and we'll see cheerleaders, cannons throwing shirts and fans trying to score (successfully) against Ward in HT from the penalty spot. 

already got the t-shirt cannons haven't we?

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Please tell me we don't. I'm always busy carrying pints.Are they throwing Steph Curry's shirts with restaurant coupons? 

But we've got people who lap it up. I was in the West Stand and there were grown men screaming for them to be thrown their way, with people around me discussing that they've got a couple that are the wrong size so they need a new one etc. All very grim. 

That said, there were at least people clapping along around me. SS sounded great and the whole ground was singing in unison on a few occasions (which I can't imagine happens too often).

• Like 1

What's puzzling me is how a six month old has managed to amass enough attendance points to qualify for an away ticket? They've only been alive 6 months!  :dunno:.

A stadium ban before they can walk or talk, that's some achievement, they sound like trouble. And was the offence just because they measured larger than an A4 piece of paper or a medium sized sandwich, I can imagine the steward with their measuring templates tutting :dunno:

• Haha 1