Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

17 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

But we've got people who lap it up. I was in the West Stand and there were grown men screaming for them to be thrown their way, with people around me discussing that they've got a couple that are the wrong size so they need a new one etc. All very grim. 

That said, there were at least people clapping along around me. SS sounded great and the whole ground was singing in unison on a few occasions (which I can't imagine happens too often).

Probably the same wierdo's stealing the flags from the stadium too.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

But we've got people who lap it up. I was in the West Stand and there were grown men screaming for them to be thrown their way, with people around me discussing that they've got a couple that are the wrong size so they need a new one etc. All very grim. 

That said, there were at least people clapping along around me. SS sounded great and the whole ground was singing in unison on a few occasions (which I can't imagine happens too often).

Don't. 

Every time I think our support are back to being half decent I read something like this and I'm reminded that some of our fans are genuinely the worst. 

Loved the moment after the announcer gave the warning about it being an all-seater stadium lol 

Enjoyed the atmosphere once again, especially first half. Second half seemed to dwindle a bit as we were under pressure and I think a certain frustration grew as we wasted chances and possession in their half.

But overall, much better.

I did notice (maybe a bit slow) but I’m sure Porto have the same goal music straight after their goals.. I just don’t understand it, everyone is is celebration and the loud music comes on and kills it.. so depressing. 

as I said last night, the announcement for everyone to sit down because some can’t see takes the absolute p1ss. Leicester do realise there is a relegation dog fight going on? So pardon the section if quite frankly people don’t give two hoots if a couple of fans can’t see.. 

16 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I did notice (maybe a bit slow) but I’m sure Porto have the same goal music straight after their goals.. I just don’t understand it, everyone is is celebration and the loud music comes on and kills it.. so depressing. 

as I said last night, the announcement for everyone to sit down because some can’t see takes the absolute p1ss. Leicester do realise there is a relegation dog fight going on? So pardon the section if quite frankly people don’t give two hoots if a couple of fans can’t see.. 

we took the music from Porto after the CL game at their place

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

They certainly did when we played them. Ironically us taking the piss out of it was the best part of that evening. 

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

we took the music from Porto after the CL game at their place

Not quite true, it was a few years after.

We binned off 'Fire' after the crash, had none for a while, and then I think this came in during empty stadiums (may have been just before, not sure). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

Not quite true, it was a few years after.

We binned off 'Fire' after the crash, had none for a while, and then I think this came in during empty stadiums (may have been just before, not sure). 

As goal music yeah but we played it after the Sevilla game afaik 

Quite ironic at the start of the game when the announcer bloke goes "KING POWER GET BEHIND YOUR FOXES"

We're trying mate, but you've got Kasabian turned up to 11.

I noticed during the WSL highlights how much more cringeworthy the goal music is when there's only 2-3000 in the ground. It's bad enough when there's a capacity crowd to nullify it but when it actually echoes round the stands it's so much more embarrassing. It serves no purpose but if it's not stopped a generation of kids will demand it like the happy slapper things on the seats.

9 hours ago, Munshi said:

Said it before but the loud music they insist on playing every chance they can really is strange. Trying to create a little bit of atmosphere before the game is impossible nowadays.

I've noticed this at virtually every ground. I'm convinced there's a deliberate reason.

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Loved the moment after the announcer gave the warning about it being an all-seater stadium lol 

Enjoyed the atmosphere once again, especially first half. Second half seemed to dwindle a bit as we were under pressure and I think a certain frustration grew as we wasted chances and possession in their half.

But overall, much better.

I too loved this display of dissent in the face of petty authoritarianism from the Club. Who the hell thought in the middle of a deeply intense game ‘let’s ask everyone to sit down’? Bonkers.

• Like 2