Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

16 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

I thought it was quite clear why clappers got bought back. The club panicked and internally some suit thought this could be my moment. The second time we had them was that West Ham game where it gets said ‘we stayed up because of um’ (ffs). They I'm sure thought right this could be my moment here to make a bit of name for myself by getting that story repeated and It would be my idea type thing.

I was surprised they took so long to come back as its fairly known how much Top loves a clapper, coupled with the culture internally to please him.

On the noise thing they no doubt make more noise than thousands sat not participating actively. However the noise is both an awful sound and detrimentally impacts songs being sang. Having watched the Everton game on the box the first point was so apparent. 

Yeah the football was toss but if more had been clapping they wouldn't have been brought in. Not the other way round in if the singers sang louder.

I think we will see them at every game now again.

It's such a shame watching the games back. I actually think ours comes through worse on TV compared to reality more than any other ground I've been to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, westernpark said:
11 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

a) we have no idea who calls what and who questions what.

b) that's how owning stuff works, you get to do what you want with it.

Make up your mind.

Yeah, like those two are mutually exclusive.

Guest Fox99
16 hours ago, nettle said:

Shame we didn't keep the old kop at Filbert street and bring it to the new stadium even when were shit the atmosphere was still great. 

15 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

Shame we couldn't find a way to keep Filbert Street full stop really.

Although they are different styles of stadia, it’s worth mentioning the chasm between our former and current home in terms of character. 

17 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

The best thing to do with the clappers assuming they are here forever now:thumbdown:, is to have a collection point where if fans want one they can go grab one, I would assume this would reduce the noise a lot from them as not everyone in the ground will have them and only fans who really really want one will go and get one? 

Now now, don't be making sensible suggestions on Foxestalk 😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's such a shame watching the games back. I actually think ours comes through worse on TV compared to reality more than any other ground I've been to.

Agree with this. The noise for the Wolves winner was fantastic but didn't really show on the TV.

On 04/05/2023 at 17:11, Gamble92 said:

They could have played Backstreet Boys are Back straight after and I wouldn't have noticed for 10 minutes 

That's fair and at that moment my living room became a one man Boxpark celebration, but it's a shame looking back on such a historic moment and having to hear it, when so many other great FA Cup final winners just had the roar of the crowd as the soundtrack.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Did the cup final goal have goal music? Never knew

I cannot remember goal music but then again I  was going mental when goal went in , whereas the goal music at the KP puts a complete halt to my celebrations

Edited by body102

Guest Fox99
On 05/05/2023 at 00:16, Dan LCFC said:

Our away ends also never seem to look any good (as an observation) and aren't generally rated that highly, which I suppose is mainly down to the type of fans going and collective mentality. On this, the recent Union FS away ticketing statement got me thinking like others, that the current system is having an impact on our away support. Numbers always fine in spite of the general sale issue, but to me there's a clear difference compared with the likes of Forest, Villa, Wolves etc.

10 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

It would be interesting to have some general insight from @The Bear on Wolves’ support, particularly away from home.

I don't often go away, but as with most away support it's mostly the hardcore and the support is always good and vocal. 

I know we always sell out and you can't get a ticket unless you're an Away STH. 

On 02/05/2023 at 07:19, Skid_1884 said:

It’s embarrassing that the club is making tannoy announcements for people to sit down when nearly every other club is introducing safe standing areas.

Out of touch is an understatement.

It’s more embarrassing the Palace and Man City songs! Any kind of originality is dismissed until a “big club” start last to sing it