Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Liverpool - Match Thread - 30/12/2022

Guest Col city fan

To be fair, that was so much a better performance than Boxing Day. Faes couldn’t score that first one 99 times out of hundred.

I don’t know why he tried to hook it, but it was extremely bad luck.

Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it don’t 

Ward cannot be no.1 if his confidence is so shot. It's not fair to him or the rest of the team. We're so, so passive. No aggression and no spirit. The City that won the league, etc. were quick, mean and fought for each other. This lot couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. That buck has to stop at the manager, one head can drop but the whole sodding team? He's wet and so are they. I'd rather watch Dyche-ball and see some bloody grit back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

We've not been clinical enough - a second goal was needed. Now we're on the verge of sliding toward another Christmas stuffing. 

Faes has been clinical, for Liverpool.

• Haha 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

To be fair, that was so much a better performance than Boxing Day. Faes couldn’t score that first one 99 times out of hundred.

I don’t know why he tried to hook it, but it was extremely bad luck.

Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it don’t 

Would it be bad luck if it was big dan? Genuine question 

• Haha 2

Guest MarshallForEngland

Analysis on Sky clearly shows how early Ward calls, well in advance and early enough for sure. I don’t buy the argument that Faes was forced into going for it because he did not believe that Ward would be able to catch it. Slow ball going straight towards the keeper, Ward might have the odd nightmare in a crowded box coming for a corner but he’s not so useless that he couldn’t take that easily. There’s no way Faes was thinking along those lines, he made a poor decision and messed it up.

Just now, KFS said:

Watch Last Chance U Basketball on Netflix. Geezer has got 5 lads from the depths of nowhere on the verge of giving up, running through brick walls for 40 mins no rest.

Our man has 11 millionaires shaking their heads when the ball turns over and jogging back. Absolute soft as shit bunch of cvnts. From the manager to the team. 

It blows my mind people make excuses for it after 30 minutes. Then wonder why other teams don't do it. 

Just the way it goes for Faes. Sure "could have done better" but still got sh1t luck. Liverpool will be wondering wtf they're up to defensively too. So, all in all a game being decided by comedy defending.  

We're doing OK, an improvement on Newcastle, and we are managing periods of good football but we're going to have to raise our game 2nd half. Even then I don't think we have what it takes to win this.

Least we're not getting battered.... yet. 

14 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

A lot of people outing themselves for not knowing football here.

The quality of a shout is all in the timing.

Better not shouting at all that late.

Maybe you need to have a word with the Ex England RB with 85 caps and let him know he outed himself.

I’m in shock to be honest. First one I’m sure Danny would have shouted and maybe Wout couldn’t hear it. Second one he just couldn’t sort his feet out. Either way desperately unfortunate for Wout. He must feel terrible. Hope he puts it behind him and powers in two headers in the second half. I thought we did well otherwise first half. Come on Leicester. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Would it be bad luck if it was big dan? Genuine question 

I agree technically Faes has screwed us more in 10 minutes than Amertey has in about 10 games but people won't agree because it doesn't fit their narrative

• Like 2

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry after that half.

If it wasn’t for Faes and his fvck ups, then it would have been the perfect half.

We’ve actually played well, especially in the midfield area, KDH especially is having his best game in a while.

Just now, An Away Move said:

Is this a joke? Most of us were wondering if he added any value at all after our dreadful start to the season. 

Whooshhhhhhhhhhhhh….,,..,,,,,

• Haha 1