Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Liverpool - Match Thread - 30/12/2022

Ward makes an early enough call for that. 

Either Faes is erratic and lacks defensive know how, or they have no confidence in the goalkeeper. 

Im beginning to think it’s both. This isn’t the first time he’s not looked great. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To be fair, that was so much a better performance than Boxing Day. Faes couldn’t score that first one 99 times out of hundred.

I don’t know why he tried to hook it, but it was extremely bad luck.

Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it don’t 

Well its absolutely flown at him off the post and he's got to assume a Liverpool player is behind him for a tap in.

Both instances hes in the right to try and clear the ball. Just one of them mad things you see

• Like 2

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

Losing Daka is as big a blow luck wise for the goals. Because of his speed we were much better with the high press and quicker on the counter against their back three. They’ll adjust that now they’re ahead. 

I'm afraid Vardy won't cut it any more, he's not going to be the player he was and we can't keep shoving him or whoever up alone and hoping they'll do what he did 5 or 6 years ago. If we're not convinced on Kel and Daka is crocked where do we go?

• Like 2

Faes deserves some flack, clearly too panicked. 

The same mental deficiencies to blame, too, though. Could tell we were bracing ourselves to crawl over the line to half time. All players turning their back on the ball, panicking with the ball at their feet.

So frustrating because for a huge chunk of that half we were brilliant. If only we could find the bottle to keep doing it for 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You can see Big Dan telling Ward not to rush out for the second goal, and in hindsight I think he was right. Helped Nunez make his mind up.

You are aware that Nunez missed?

A professional footballer, who gets paid tens of thousands of pounds a week, has shanked two 'clearances' so badly, it makes me feel better about my golf game.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It blows my mind people make excuses for it after 30 minutes. Then wonder why other teams don't do it. 

The best and fittest teams press for 70+ minutes. It’s what Klopp built his team on initially.

The gengen press style he adapted is something that we struggle with, however it’s what the best teams now place, with a sprinkle of that tikky taka stuff. 

Just now, Nod.E said:

The same mental deficiencies to blame, too, though. Could tell we were bracing ourselves to crawl over the line to half time. All players turning their back on the ball, panicking with the ball at their feet.

So frustrating because for a huge chunk of that half we were brilliant. If only we could find the bottle to keep doing it for 90 minutes.

It's as soon as they sit in. Anyone else on the planet would see by now this group can't do it so why he makes them for the last 15 of ever half for no reason even when we play the slow dull possession football. It's beyond baffling. 

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Is that the players? Because if it is they clearly aren't listening to Brendan. If it;s the other way they should just ignore him!

The second one he has to do something and very quickly and is running towards his goal at pace but the composure and technique were shambolic.

The first is unforgivable, ignoring your team mates call.

What we have learned tonight is that he loses composure when defending a yard or less from his goal line so let’s try and avoid those last ditch situations as much as we can such as closing down Alexander-Arnold before he crosses. If we continue defending from a yard out we will continue cracking under pressure.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe you need to have a word with the Ex England RB with 85 caps and let him know he outed himself.

The guy who managed Valencia so expertly? 

I stand by my point, that shout was too late. On the replay you can actually tell how obviously it should have been Ward's ball. Should have made the shout almost immediately after it left Trent's foot.

Faes comes in for criticism of course, but I stand by my point. An established, confidence-inspiring goalkeeper between the sticks doesn't allow that to happen.

• Haha 2

Just now, Sly said:

The best and fittest teams press for 70+ minutes. It’s what Klopp built his team on initially.

The gengen press style he adapted is something that we struggle with, however it’s what the best teams now place, with a sprinkle of that tikky taka stuff. 

If the players were looking tired or like they needed a break from it then fair enough but they weren't. They were still on top and winning most balls.