Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Liverpool - Match Thread - 30/12/2022

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

This is a shit Liverpool side today, they don't deserve a win

I see it differently have to be honest. On another night, this would have been another 2/3 goals this half. We’ve created very very little to get back into the game.

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I don't remember him putting us in much trouble from them. Could be wrong.

You just stated the 14% at the time was putting us in trouble, implying that every time he gave it away he put us under pressure. Surely that's the same for both centre backs. Btw, tonight is actually below par for Amartey, his pass completion is usually just under 92%, whilst Faes is 86%. I get Faes plays long balls, but please understand Amartey pass completion stats are comparable to the 2 Liverpool Centre backs. He looks clumsy and I think thar clouds people's judgement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Whether or not it’s a conscious bias is debated, but there certainly is a bias towards big clubs, big players and not wanting to give big decisions that will be torn apart by managers like Klopp and Pep

There’s no such thing, football is an emotional game and everyone will see each decision as a case to back their cause. Trust me, large amounts of social media abuse for officials comes from

supporters of big clubs, each who think officials are conspiring against them. To be aware of the laws of the game and make a decision in a split second isn’t as easy as people make it out to be. 

One of those nights 'narrow margins' will be trotted out, and rightly so. 

We've played some good stuff, very good through midfield with special mentions for all 3 that started in the middle. 

Will sound very 'ifs buts and maybes', but it's only simple things we needed to be better at to win tonight.

- Confident keeper 

- Faes not having a brain fart 

- Having better quality on the ball from the back, especially Thomas and Amartey (We'll likely upgrade on both in January)

- Making better decisions and being less wasteful from promising scenarios up top. Special mention for Barnes being particularly poor tonight. Maddison might have been the difference

The positive thing is that these are things that theoretically could be easily fixed in the short term. This is the most faith I've had in a Rodgers future for quite some time. The game plan was sound and the game generally played out much better than I was anticipating when I saw the lineups.

• Like 1

Just so annoyed its only finished 2-1 weve gifted the 3 points to them. Don't deserve this, but its leicester this always happens, kinda wished either liverpool either scored a third (first) or leicester got an equaliser. Its just so dissaponting given the game