Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Liverpool - Match Thread - 30/12/2022

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Would love to know peoples teams tonight that would be getting a result 😂 Bench is as shit as the first 11

It's not just the baffling team selection.

I'll hazzard a guess it's the instructions to keep possession all costs and do bugger all with it except pass sideways and backwards (inviting pressure) and too show next to fook all  forward intent. Which would be pointless anyway as Daka can't play as a one upfront, it's just not his style...

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We're just gonna do what Klopp is expecting which is try for a 0-0 and play on the counter, it won't work and we'll lose.

May as well just go for it, we'll still lose of course but it will be fun!

We tried going toe for toe at the start of Rodger tenure and got panned and he got slated for it.

I think he could have chosen any side and fans wouldn't be happy.

Think his time his done here no matter what happens for the rest of the season

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ndidi was first choice until his injury, and when he was back you don't start him straight away in league games and we were playing well with Soumare? He is also part of the leadership group.

Not quite sure what other player you want to play at left back?

He could play five at the back or 3–4-3

He could play Castagne at LB and put Albrighton, Amartey or even Brunt at RB. It’s gonna take Thomas some huge bollocks to pull a performance go out tonight. 

He could have play Albrighton as the actual vice captain or Vardy who would be a better leadership figure for the scenario we find ourselves in. 

Edited by CosbehFox

3 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Some of the posts on here.... :D

Limited to no options in defence. So picks itself. It's what we have.

Surprised Youri isn't in the team and might mean he is off in Jan. 

Perez did as well as anyone against Newcastle and with Madison and Preat injured makes sense for him to be in. 

Mendy is not the answer and shouldn't be near the team. 

I agree the midfield is not the best, but let's see what happens. 

Mendy is the best player in possession of the ball we have. He’s probably the best short range passer we have and is ideal to keep the ball moving. Soumare is a lump who is shit at pretty much every aspect of the game. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He could play five at the back.

He could play Castagne at LB and put Albrighton, Amartey or even Brunt at RB. It’s gonna take Thomas some huge bollocks to pull a performance go out tonight. 

He could have play Albrighton as the actual vice captain or Vardy who would be a better leadership figure for the scenario we find ourselves in. 

He'd of got a pasting for your alternatives at full back 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

4 minutes ago, onekeithweller said:

Tbh apart from Ward, Thomas, Soumare, Perez and Daka that's pretty much the team I'd have picked.

Happy to see Faes, Castagne, Ndidi,  KDH and Barnes starting.

Worried about Ward, Soumare, Amartey and Perez starting.  

Daka will come good, tonight would be a good time.   Thomas might be a star in the making;   on the other hand, he might not.

I would be optimistic if I were a Liverpool fan.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not in my opinion, quicker perhaps but we have Wilf to do Mendy’s role, Soumare does at least sometimes accidentally lumber forward and he can pick a pass

Soumare is horrible. He’s only ever looked average against poor teams. He will be absolutely dog shit today, he will amble around in midfield doing nothing, give the ball away, allow players to run past him and probably lose his marker for a goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Soumare is horrible. He’s only ever looked average against poor teams. He will be absolutely dog shit today, he will amble around in midfield doing nothing, give the ball away, allow players to run past him and probably lose his marker for a goal. 

Guess we will see, recent evidence is not favourable, but Mendy gets serious absence/fondness treatment.

11 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Some of the posts on here.... :D

Limited to no options in defence. So picks itself. It's what we have.

Surprised Youri isn't in the team and might mean he is off in Jan. 

Perez did as well as anyone against Newcastle and with Madison and Preat injured makes sense for him to be in. 

Mendy is not the answer and shouldn't be near the team. 

I agree the midfield is not the best, but let's see what happens. 

Soumare starting is a bit of a slap in the face though. Could see he was totally out of his depth against Newcastle. He's in a whole different abyss tonight...