Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Liverpool - Match Thread - 30/12/2022

This shows how weak our team and squad have become. Who have been the best players in the Rodgers era? Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo, Evans. Maybe Harvey Barnes who is the only one playing tonight. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the lineup is a way to get pumped to get Top to spend more money!

We all know a serious rebuild is necessary. Look at that Liverpool lineup by comparison, who also have Diaz and Gakpo to come. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Guess we will see, recent evidence is not favourable, but Mendy gets serious absence/fondness treatment.

It’s because Mendy is safe. He’s not progressive but he does the basics of the game well. Rodgers bangs on about ball retention, there probably isn’t a better player in our team at recycling possession, he moved into the deep spaces well to receive the ball from the goalkeeper and generally keeps the flow of possessions going. 

In essence he is steady and reliable, which is what we are lacking. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Soumare starting is a bit of a slap in the face though. Could see he was totally out of his depth against Newcastle. He's in a whole different abyss tonight...

He is a strange one. I see some really good attributes in Soumare. 

But then he defends like he did for the (was it?) Third Newcastle goal and you just wonder if he's up to it. 

Faes - captain. 

Soyuncu for Amartey.

Mendy for Soumare.

Vardy for Daka.

Complete lack of psychological, reliable and proven experience.

No doubt about 2 in midfield, Perez needs support on the right and through the middle up the pitch as he's the only playmaker we have. 

Best guess: 4231

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This shows how weak our team and squad have become. Who have been the best players in the Rodgers era? Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo, Evans. Maybe Harvey Barnes who is the only one playing tonight. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the lineup is a way to get pumped to get Top to spend more money!

We all know a serious rebuild is necessary. Look at that Liverpool lineup by comparison, who also have Diaz and Gakpo to come. 

Squad desperately needs new players, who actually want to be at the club.

• Like 1

Just now, TommyK said:

He is a strange one. I see some really good attributes in Soumare. 

But then he defends like he did for the (was it?) Third Newcastle goal and you just wonder if he's up to it. 

Just general performance, really.

For goals in isolation, I'm sure there are individual errors to attribute.

But on the whole, he just seems so lazy and languid, ambling along in a game without making an impression on it. He'll have fleeting moments of something he does well, like get out of a tight situation or recycle the ball well to a player in space maybe 2-3 times in a game, if that. But he loses runners, struggles to track back, doesn't drive forward when the opportunity is there. 

I would love if he turned it around and started leaving a mark on games and making some worthwhile contributions. But the best and most memorable thing he's done all season is a little jig to celebrate Tielemans goal against Everton.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s because Mendy is safe. He’s not progressive but he does the basics of the game well. Rodgers bangs on about ball retention, there probably isn’t a better player in our team at recycling possession, he moved into the deep spaces well to receive the ball from the goalkeeper and generally keeps the flow of possessions going. 

In essence he is steady and reliable, which is what we are lacking. 

That’s fair enough, I see that, but Wilf should lighten some load from Soumare, but I am probably just hoping an unreasonable amount!

I remember during the Pleat years that I'd have given my right arm to see us play at Anfield in the top flight under the lights.

And here we are but I can't recall a game I've dreaded as much.

Strange times.

• Like 3

So famous ‘man manager’ Brendan Rodgers process for selecting a captain -

1) Makes perma-crocked Evans, who may never play for us again, Club captain

2) Makes frozen out Marc Albrighton, who may never play for us again, deputy-captain.

3) Makes want away star Tielemans the captain

4) Drops Tielemans and makes Ndidi, whose been frozen out for two months, captain for the day!!

He’s making it up as he goes along isn’t he?

• Like 2