Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

On 11/02/2024 at 12:49, RonnieTodger said:

Guillem makes a great point on backing Enzo.

If you’re a fan of Enzo, then get behind him.

I thought it was interesting when talking about this, obviously being careful what he revealed, he did suggest it's not necessarily about getting different people in, but additional, to get the right structure to support and sustain Enzo's project 

You could easily read that as a comment on Rudkin's JD, that perhaps he covers too many bases?  Certainly something that's been raised on here in the past!

Of course, there is the alternative argument that the club got their fingers burnt when backing the last manager, which might be a factor in them fully backing any coach, rightly or wrongly?

great episode. Guillem is an absolute gent and a legend. really knows his football across a number of leagues/countries.

Once went to the brittania for an evening with Peter Crouch and Asmir Begovic hosted by Guillem Balague. Cracking evening!

• Thanks 1

On 10/02/2024 at 08:54, Ric Flair said:

Great night last night down at Heathcote Arms in Croft with Guillem Balague.

Think this might be our favourite ever pod we've recorded. Balague's explanations on Enzo's football and other stuff is captivating.

Why on earth is such a well renown Spanish football journalist now residing in Leicestershire you may ask?

Excellent and intriguing interview….

Right Questions,debate and discussion very enjoyable..

Though along various Foxes podbroadcasts since Christmas,there is a theme building,that rides that negative vogue

that is devaluing our squad….
Statements….We need 10-12 players..??

We are due to lose 7 players,contracts running out??
We have to “desperately” up our squad quality for PL..??

Some Even already dumping Fatawu,Mavididi,Daka,Cannon,Akgun,Vardy..etc

If we don’t spend big , Enzo will be off..??

Why can’t Vardy,Albrighton be given a last throw of the dice of the PL

and help us into the first season back…(60-70% gametime)

Why shouldnt,Mavididi,Daka,Cannon,KDH,Fatawu, Nelson etc have the quality

to up their input and performances…

We have to accept financially we will be struggling to pay the big sums,

but one can also see,many of the players are clicking and actually making the system,and Enzo’s ideas work…Granted in the championship..and yes the PL

is a massive jump for us.The club with Enzo’s suggestions and recruitment team

do need to be canny when going forward…

I believe many of our players can hold up in the PL,might need a few games

to grow into that needed step up. I just believe it’s going to be an allround

hard slog,but not so critical to doubt the backbone of our squad..

like it or not we won’t be able to throw money at our squad.

We also do need to try and find players that also fit….

We are in a position to ask how quick can our Academy players mature ?

With that in mind ,pushing away the scare-mongering,is Enzo prepared

still at only 43 yrs his  first year in PL,with already a decent amount of success,

Would he be willing first to see how far he can push …

’ Our club,squad of players,and himself ‘

despite not having an high budget to squander or give out for the highest quality of

players.  believe one can also learn how to grow develope with a mixture of unknowns,and create a legacy from the players and manager believing in the system and they themselves are not short of the expected quality..

Havent we seen this before….?  This collection of scamps,travellers,spirited youngsters,are a slightl improvement on all round ability has our last heroes,

Add that sprinkle of canny buys..!!

Maybe just maybe, the beginning of a completely new & longer era…

Dont push our needed growth,with the negative,play through the hands

that you have and use a twist of positivity..

Fantastic episode, Guillem was a top guest and gave a great insight into Enzo and also dropped some little hints that maybe one or two within the club heirarchy were not fully behind the vision, I also get the impression that Enzo, because of his time and experience with Man City will not be afraid to challenge areas of the club where he feels is under performing or where there needs to be a shake up in how we operate, if we truly want to become a top club. 

• Thanks 2

Great couple of episodes lately lads. You’ve truly arrived as well because just been chatting to randoms in the pub about the pod and the points Balague was making on last podcast. 

Also one of you walked past me tonight outside KP. I was going to ask for your autograph but thought that was OTT.

• Haha 2

For the record we'll still go up.

But I've gotta disagree (that fine, differing opinions are allowed) with @BSLBPod rant on the last pod, whilst I fully understand where he was coming from the 10 minute capitulation was something we expect (and receive) from Leicester City and they duly delivered. I take no joy from saying that. Fuming.

Edited by Matt

21 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

I agree with you pal FWIW, but we've all got different opinions and Jords relentlessly positive which I admire. I didn't do Fridays but very much felt the same.

Anyway here's this week's offering.

https://x.com/BSLBPodcast/status/1761852568420978792?s=20

Just started listening to this and can already tell it’s going to be very therapeutic thanks. I know people say football isn’t important in the scheme of things blah blah, and they’re right, but my emotions tell me otherwise right now. 

Nice to symbolically wallow around in an unhappy emotional state with you guys for a while and then start looking forwards with lots of hope.

Not commented on the pod before but I listen every week and it’s much appreciated. Bit late to the party, but the Guillem Balague episode was fascinating and I share the dislike of that creepy, Lego haired, Russell Martin.  

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

I get that,but then we need even more to play to our strengths....eg plan B.

Might not be a popular opinion on here but I don't think we need another plan. 

The last two games for instance, if we score chances we should then we don't lose either. That tells me everything in the system is working. 

Just because the build up is slower and we eventually carve out a chance does not mean that that's worse than four or five rushed build ups. In fact it works on the premise that the chance we create is better. 

Compare the chances we made in last 20 minutes against Boro to the amount of chances our 'Plan B' of sticking Wes Morgan up front and lumping it to him ever worked under Pearson. 

• Like 2