Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

To think 7 years ago today, around these very moments we were celebrating the unthinkable. Now we're dreading the unthinkable, but we are the most ridiculous club there's ever been and we're the lead part in the footballing Truman Show.

It's already been decided long ago, Forest stay up, we go down and Cov get promoted. Life comes at you fast.

Anyway, enough of the positives. The pods up gang!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FLAN said:

“Harvey Barnes isn’t that bad at defending ”. I’m done 

It's way down the list of individual issues this side currently has. Maybe collectively this is the issue, we've nowhere near enough players who work well as a unit to defend well, its hard to pinpoint it.

Our stats in team play have dropped off a cliff from being the best in 2019/20 for the 1st two thirds of the season and maybe it was a few key individuals who held it all together but we topped the stats for most key metrics defensively with Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison etc who are all repeatedly slated for not contributing to the defensive side of things.

I know back then Ndidi was exceptional at screening and Ricardo's defensive stats were unbelievable but Barnes doesn't pitch up that badly against wingers when I last checked. Although I couldn't believe my eyes when it had him quite high in aerial duels won!

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's way down the list of individual issues this side currently has. Maybe collectively this is the issue, we've nowhere near enough players who work well as a unit to defend well, its hard to pinpoint it.

Our stats in team play have dropped off a cliff from being the best in 2019/20 for the 1st two thirds of the season and maybe it was a few key individuals who held it all together but we topped the stats for most key metrics defensively with Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison etc who are all repeatedly slated for not contributing to the defensive side of things.

I know back then Ndidi was exceptional at screening and Ricardo's defensive stats were unbelievable but Barnes doesn't pitch up that badly against wingers when I last checked. Although I couldn't believe my eyes when it had him quite high in aerial duels won!

Had it in my head that he was 6ft 2 for some reason, just googled…only 5ft 8! Thought I’d cracked his incredible heading ability! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

...do you see the problem with what we are seeing from Ndidi is, that he hasn't got the game in front of him!!!

It is all very well incorporating him in the build-up, but when we lose the ball he gets played around and is not where he should be. Struggling to get back to help the defence and looking out of sorts.

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...do you see the problem with what we are seeing from Ndidi is, that he hasn't got the game in front of him!!!

It is all very well incorporating him in the build-up, but when we lose the ball he gets played around and is not where he should be. Struggling to get back to help the defence and looking out of sorts.

Yes, whatever the tactics were in 2019/20 and 2020/21, Ndidi needs to be back playing the simplified role in a 4-1-4-1 as the sole DCM focused on protecting the back 4 and closing down anything in that zone. Leave the ball work to the two 8's.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, whatever the tactics were in 2019/20 and 2020/21, Ndidi needs to be back playing the simplified role in a 4-1-4-1 as the sole DCM focused on protecting the back 4 and closing down anything in that zone. Leave the ball work to the two 8's.

The whole reason his role changed was Rodgers needed someone able with the ball to receive and progress the ball better from defence and that meant Youri ended up alongside or even deeper than Ndidi.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

The whole reason his role changed was Rodgers needed someone able with the ball to receive and progress the ball better from defence and that meant Youri ended up alongside or even deeper than Ndidi.

I'm not so sure it was the problem that needing fixing, certainly not week in, week out.

• Like 2

I think a massive change since 19/20 is the teams general fitness levels, we look miles off it, we had played with such pace and intensity that year and slowly but surely as our style has reverted to this slow, laboured possession based game, our fitness levels, intensity and pressing have dropped off the edge of a cliff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think a massive change since 19/20 is the teams general fitness levels, we look miles off it, we had played with such pace and intensity that year and slowly but surely as our style has reverted to this slow, laboured possession based game, our fitness levels, intensity and pressing have dropped off the edge of a cliff. 

...do you remember the '...my teams always finishes stronger at the end of the season..."- Rodgers!!!

Fantastic pod boys!

If the wages you mention are accurate, we are absolutely ****ed. Sunderland style, until all those contracts are up and Top has no choice but to take his losses and sell up.

What happened to us...

1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

Top ranting on this one @Ric Flair. Someone needs to turn that fck you monologue into a limp bizkit style tune 

I would even go as far as saying, we ditch the pre match videos and WYS at the KP, and just play the fck you monologue! 

• Haha 2