Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Another great listen, love the balanced discussion, I think the lads capture the mood of the situation superbly but also with a decent element of fun and humour thrown in.  Top class podcast and the only highlight in what has been an absolute car crash of a season. 

100 per cent agree 

It’s morning here on the west coast US of A and can’t wait to listen to the podcast!

need a fix from the absolute disaster that is lcfc at the moment. It’s like that scene in clock work orange where we are forced to watch horrific videos and can’t close our eyes. When will we be put out of our misery?

Superb that.  Particularly interesting insights about KDH and Thomas and their body language after the match.  

Really can't understand Smith's team selection after Fulham.  We needed players willing to get into the trenches and fight for the shirt.  Not Tielemans waddling around and Soumare strolling about. 

We were well beyond trying to play our way out of this mire.  I'd rather have seen us go down showing some fight from players that give a sh1t and want to be here in the Champs next season.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We're doing a nuggets challenge live on stage. My PB is 63

I'll do fish fingers, you can do nuggets, jake can do beetroot and tuna sandwiches, jordan can just do tins.

Winning 2 can then face off doing findus crispy pancakes.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

Thanks for all the nice comments - genuinely appreciate it. Owain was brilliant and he's a properly good lad. Numbers are building every week and people seem to be enjoying it which is really nice to hear. Hard not to laugh with @Ric Flair about.

Feel free to send us your song suggestions and any other ideas for the last two as talking about the football is shit so anything to avoid it 🤣

Few plans in the works for next season so keeo your eyes peeled for that 👀 

Definitely a few more phone ins. 

Genuinely, it’s the best sports podcast I listen to! 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

Thanks for all the nice comments - genuinely appreciate it. Owain was brilliant and he's a properly good lad. Numbers are building every week and people seem to be enjoying it which is really nice to hear. Hard not to laugh with @Ric Flair about.

Feel free to send us your song suggestions and any other ideas for the last two as talking about the football is shit so anything to avoid it 🤣

Few plans in the works for next season so keeo your eyes peeled for that 👀 

We need Graham Torrington on to do a therapy session for us and let me serenade the listeners in the background with some Boyz II Men

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

You were saying that we had a shocking ineffective midfield at Fulham and we didn’t change anything on Monday 

We did have a shocking and ineffective midfield at Fulham and a shocking and ineffective midfield against Liverpool. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

My mate attempted the 100 nugget challenge. Paid for the nuggets himself, we’d refund him if he ate 60. He only had the stomach for for 59, in the 90 minute period. Was hilarious.

It was only right of me and the joint best man to deliver him 100 nuggets on his wedding day to relive it.

Would pay good money to see you go head to head in a nugget-off.

• Haha 2

One bit from Ric I thought was spot on and was around relegation being the great leveller. We've had a ridiculous 6 years, but the threat and actuality of relegation is what separates us from being a fan of a big 6 (now 7) club.

Through the good times and the bad.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

A cathartic listen, cheers lads. Imagine how fun the pod will be when (if) we're good again.

This is where I think I'll need to improve, it's too easy for me when having to be negative and self defeating. Being positive isn't funny 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is where I think I'll need to improve, it's too easy for me when having to be negative and self defeating. Being positive isn't funny 😂😂😂

Don't think it's a coincidence that the best fan-produced content in years (BSLB and The Fosse Way) has emerged during a pretty dire period for the club. The same thing happened in the early 90s with The Fox, Where's The Money Gone, the Blue Army etc. Even UFS in 2013. Sometimes the club heirarchy take notice, often they don't, but it's times like these when supporter movements can change the mood around the place.

• Like 4

Fully agreed with Jord's point about singing songs about relegation. Gallows humour is all good when you're in the ridiculous situation we were against Fulham, but at 2-0 down against Liverpool at home it's fvcking weird. Like people were just bursting to sing about it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think I could beat that, I want to attempt the 100 nugget challenge at somepoint.

As for the podcast, top quality content as always guys. Was good to hear Owynn on too, he seemed relaxed and was a little more open... shame you couldn't get him to swear.

Get a live one set-up, I'll be there for sure!!