Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

Not to sound like David Brent, but both positions on Pearson are not mutually exclusive.

Pearson has arguably been our most important manager imo - such were the foundations he laid for the successes that followed. Dragging us from League One back to the PL and setting up the title win for Claudio. He deserves god like status imo. 

But trying to look at it objectively, he has limits football wise. His success with us was down to him and the staff around him. Look where’s he been since and without Shakey and Walsh - it hasn’t worked really. His Bristol City side look like a half decent Championship side, and that probably about sums up his career. Put it this way, he’s not in the mould of the modern game - just look at what Enzo is doing. But we have a lot to thank him for.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

On 23/09/2023 at 22:35, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not to sound like David Brent, but both positions on Pearson are not mutually exclusive.

Pearson has arguably been our most important manager imo - such were the foundations he laid for the successes that followed. Dragging us from League One back to the PL and setting up the title win for Claudio. He deserves god like status imo. 

But trying to look at it objectively, he has limits football wise. His success with us was down to him and the staff around him. Look where’s he been since and without Shakey and Walsh - it hasn’t worked really. His Bristol City side look like a half decent Championship side, and that probably about sums up his career. Put it this way, he’s not in the mould of the modern game - just look at what Enzo is doing. But we have a lot to thank him for.

I think you're underestimating Nige. 

What I took from his press conference was that his philosophy changes depending on the squad he's got. It was almost a CV statement for when he takes over us again (I think it's destined to happen)

Nige wasn't going to get drawn talking about a set style or strategy. "You have to play to the squad's strengths" That may sound simple but I witnessed BR basically get us relegated because he couldn't utilise the squad properly as was unable to adapt his methods to suit the strength of the squad, albeit it was hard to see any strength after he had lambasted them publicly and destroyed all confidence. 

I would argue that Nige offers something more than just football tactics. He almost seems like he's on a spiritual journey at times, maybe that's why he's rocking the bracelets and jewelry. He is everything Brendan Rodgers isn't. Bristol doesn't sum up his career, they're a mid table championship side hoping to join the lottery of the playoffs as that's what club they are. Put Pep or anyone in charge of them with the level of investment and inability to hold on to home grown talent and they'd do no better.

I believe Nige when he says he's enjoying his time at Bristol but there were some interesting 'throw away comments' that on the surface seemed innocent but with that Nige smirk told me they'd been decisions at board level that he was probably not happy with. 

Nige as always let's us know in his unique way, unlike someone like Rodgers, who would go bitching to the media with the "poor me" putting his reputation above anyone else. 

To me it's clear he absolutely loves our club. I can just sense it. We fit each other like the perfect most comfortable silk glove. Of course we're backing Enzo 100% but mark my words:

One day Nige will return as Leicester manager. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I think you're underestimating Nige. 

What I took from his press conference was that his philosophy changes depending on the squad he's got. It was almost a CV statement for when he takes over us again (I think it's destined to happen)

Nige wasn't going to get drawn talking about a set style or strategy. "You have to play to the squad's strengths" That may sound simple but I witnessed BR basically get us relegated because he couldn't utilise the squad properly as was unable to adapt his methods to suit the strength of the squad, albeit it was hard to see any strength after he had lambasted them publicly and destroyed all confidence. 

I would argue that Nige offers something more than just football tactics. He almost seems like he's on a spiritual journey at times, maybe that's why he's rocking the bracelets and jewelry. He is everything Brendan Rodgers isn't. Bristol doesn't sum up his career, they're a mid table championship side hoping to join the lottery of the playoffs as that's what club they are. Put Pep or anyone in charge of them with the level of investment and inability to hold on to home grown talent and they'd do no better.

I believe Nige when he says he's enjoying his time at Bristol but there were some interesting 'throw away comments' that on the surface seemed innocent but with that Nige smirk told me they'd been decisions at board level that he was probably not happy with. 

Nige as always let's us know in his unique way, unlike someone like Rodgers, who would go bitching to the media with the "poor me" putting his reputation above anyone else. 

To me it's clear he absolutely loves our club. I can just sense it. We fit each other like the perfect most comfortable silk glove. Of course we're backing Enzo 100% but mark my words:

One day Nige will return as Leicester manager. 

Unfortunately, I really doubt that will be the case. I think he retires from management at the end of the season/when he leaves this job.

The one thing I would say, it’s very clear that him and Susan Whelan have an excellent relationship.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pod being recorded tomorrow night as we did a special last night with Steve Walsh. That will be released in the coming weeks.

Will there be an up-date on the solidity of your logs?  I found that very interesting.....

• Haha 1