Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

5 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Enjoyed the jacket potato and animal names sections, think I looked a bit weird laughing so much to myself on the train.

For me it’s Ric’s away day stories.

I was in stitches on a bus when Ric was recounting one of his QPR away days.

😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you ever been hit in the Dewsbury-Halls by an errant football at a game? 

Paul  Gallagher once knocked a cup of hot chocolate all over my wife with an errant practice shot pre-match (yes, it even missed the netting that catches the wide and high shots lol)

There was a waved hand of apology, but he was definitely suppressing a laugh  

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

David Hopkin broke my Mum's glasses following an awful shot whilst warming up for Chelsea.

I hadn't seen it, turned around to see her crawling around on the floor in agony wondering what the hell had happened.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nah but Iheanachos shot in the warmups before our 4-1 loss at Forest went straight into the concourse and landed at my feet. Planned to chuck it on the pitch if Forest were through on goal but the bastards scored from every set piece so I took it home instead.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BSLBPod said:

Would be interested to hear the views of pod members on our style of play. Based on the reaction to Saturday's performance, there seems to be a growing number of people on here who, whilst happy with results, are expressing a view that the possession-based style is boring to watch. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Would be interested to hear the views of pod members on our style of play. Based on the reaction to Saturday's performance, there seems to be a growing number of people on here who, whilst happy with results, are expressing a view that the possession-based style is boring to watch. What do you guys think?

This will be talked about

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

My dad told me that when he was a kid, he was minding his own business reading the programme pre-match against Watford one year. When he took a stray missile on the dome from Luther Blissett during the warm ups.

He'd get the red carpet treatment these days but I think Blissett just laughed and put his hand up apologetically lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not in the Dewsbury-halls but a fan near me was once hit by a David Beckham practise free kick in the warm up before our game in the late 90s.

Pretty sure he gave her his boots after the game.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2023 at 23:44, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Tebay Services in Cumbria @Ric Flair :D

Seconded. The English breakfast is worth a day out in itself (and I regularly do as it’s only 25 mins up the motorway from where I live). They also sell Loweswater Gold in cask keg if you like a tropical fruity golden ale. 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 2