Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Really enjoyed the live stream and interaction :thumbup:

Made it really enjoyable to see the comments come in and get some live reaction.

Think we'll keep doing but interested to hear how it works for those listening back.

1 minute ago, BSLBPod said:

Made it really enjoyable to see the comments come in and get some live reaction.

Think we'll keep doing but interested to hear how it works for those listening back.

Yeah would like honest opinions from those listening on Spotify etc whether it loses anything from doing it this way to normal. 

On 20/01/2024 at 11:49, Ric Flair said:

Yeah would like honest opinions from those listening on Spotify etc whether it loses anything from doing it this way to normal. 

I don't think it did, or certainly not enough to be concerned about.  The pod tends to go off on tangents anyway which I personally enjoy.  The main danger is a libel action in future against you Ric for some scurrilous or salacious claim about landlords in Burbage or the like that isn't edited out.

As an aside have you thought about an alternative career in late night radio? My wife was away this weekend and after a busy week I had an early night to do a bit of reading and catch up on the pod.  It was about the point of Andy Impey when your dulcet tones sent me drifting off to sleep.

Mildly disturbing, yet not wholly unpleasant, dreams of beans and sausages followed.  

• Haha 1

Just an honest personal opinion here from someone who listens in from the States.

The live timing of the show means the podcast is my only access. It’s cool the BSLB crew are trying new media for better interaction!

i have a request; can you all do a mic check as everyone’s voices were really low volume except Ric’s who was loud & clear (almost burst my ear drum lol). It used to be the other way around when the pods first started.

Also last pod everyone except Ric came across as either ill or sad there was some serious low energy. Thank god Ric was there imo to pick everyone up. Maybe that will change if we beat Ipswich tomorrow.

One final request is any chance you can do the pods on game day or day after please? Feels like too much time has passed to get your reaction.

THANX for doing what you do guys! It’s easy to be critical but I support you all and only want the shows to get better. Please get some ex players on for fun!!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I don't think it did, or certainly not enough to be concerned about.  The pod tends to go off on tangents anyway which I personally enjoy.  The main danger is a libel action in future against you Ric for some scurrilous or salacious claim about landlords in Burbage or the like that isn't edited out.

As an aside have you thought about an alternative career in late night radio? My wife was away this weekend and after a busy week I had an early night to do a bit of reading and catch up on the pod.  It was about the point of Andy Impey when your dulcet tones sent me drifting off to sleep.

Mildly disturbing, yet not wholly unpleasant, dreams of beans and sausages followed.  

Hahahahahaaaa I can't see many of the live episodes staying up without the need for some editing. 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Just an honest personal opinion here from someone who listens in from the States.

The live timing of the show means the podcast is my only access. It’s cool the BSLB crew are trying new media for better interaction!

i have a request; can you all do a mic check as everyone’s voices were really low volume except Ric’s who was loud & clear (almost burst my ear drum lol). It used to be the other way around when the pods first started.

Also last pod everyone except Ric came across as either ill or sad there was some serious low energy. Thank god Ric was there imo to pick everyone up. Maybe that will change if we beat Ipswich tomorrow.

One final request is any chance you can do the pods on game day or day after please? Feels like too much time has passed to get your reaction.

THANX for doing what you do guys! It’s easy to be critical but I support you all and only want the shows to get better. Please get some ex players on for fun!!! 

Totally agree about the volume of different presenters. I usually listen to the pod whilst walking down busy London streets and find myself forever adjusting the volume depending on who is speaking. Ric is always commendably loud and clear, others much less so!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Totally agree about the volume of different presenters. I usually listen to the pod whilst walking down busy London streets and find myself forever adjusting the volume depending on who is speaking. Ric is always commendably loud and clear, others much less so!

The one benefit of having partial hearing loss, I can scare police horses with my volume.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

We normally do mate, just been a long week (hence the low energy!). Thanks for the feedback and thanks for listening. Much appreciated 👏 

• Like 1

WDYCF, WDYG? Is a great concept.

But the game should be that the 'host' says a players name and the winner is the first to correctly guess where those players were bought from and where they were sold to.

So if the host said todays player is Ahmed Musa. The winner is the first to guess that he came from CSKA Moscow and went to Al Nassr.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t get to say how cathartic it was to hear Ric vent his anger about losing to Coventry. It’s how I felt inside.

we may very well finish top and get promoted but I will be very annoyed if we didn’t beat our closest challengers along the way or those that aspired to be rivals in a derby.

it will be a slight stain we’d have to wear and critics will say you won promotion but didn’t beat any teams of real quality. Kinda like teams in the premier league who are never good enough because they always lose to the top teams but beat up on the rest.

• Thanks 1

I didn’t get to say how cathartic it was to hear Ric vent his anger about losing to Coventry. It’s how I felt inside.

we may very well finish top and get promoted but I will be very annoyed if we didn’t beat our closest challengers along the way or those that aspired to be rivals in a derby.

it will be a slight stain we’d have to wear and critics will say you won promotion but didn’t beat any teams of real quality. Kinda like teams in the premier league who are never good enough because they always lose to the top teams but beat up on the rest.

so..:dunno:

Our history was taking decent points from the bigger boys,but also always losing to Arsenal and Manutd…

Our seasons depended how we competed against the rest of the 2/3rds of the

Old 1st Division,now PL.

Work it out…..challenge/compete for Europe,it’s winning those tie-breaks against

those other « Also-rans » lose and win the odd Derby, because midland clubs arent in top 6 big club with exceptions,though A.Villa,Forest Derby have had the highest shouts,with us over fewer seasons.

Podcast historonics here or there,I would prefer to have top 8-4th or above season, & losing 2-3 games against our nearest Derby rivals. Title /trophy bragging rights are my priority,not the noise from a ripple from Coventry/Forest fans..

We go 25yrs not beating either those 2,  but qualifying & having Europe era & a couple of trophies…fcuk podcast plastic emotions,I know which history I prefer…

oh !!  Rics-podcast. Is both refreshing and interesting..So I will treat some material

has fair dues,some selective, and those like local-Derbies hurt that one carries for the better good…

Edited by fuchsntf

If we get promoted, even by a point, I personally won't really care what 'critics' will have to say. All that counts is how we prepare over the summer and how ready we are for premier league football!

Here's my suggestion for formatting the new game.

Host reads out the player name.

Everyone has a set amount of time to write on their bit of paper what the club they came from was, and what club they went to.

During the writing time, Cotton Eyed Joe chorus plays like it's the countdown numbers game or somethig like that.

Everyone reads out their answers, one point for each correct answer (so max 2 per player)

Do 2 or 3 players per episode, whoever gets most points wins. Could always tally the cumalitive points through the season to crown an overall champ on the last show of the season.

• Thanks 1

My mate who supports Leeds listens (long story, I also listen to The Square Ball quite often, stems from uni). 

He must have sent me about 20 texts today at random intervals that just read 

YER JUST DUNT LOSE TU COV THEY’RE ORRIBLE 

Thinking about it, this could now be his version of WHATS WRONG WI YER LEEDS 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 3