Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Recording Monday night. Apologies for the absence. 

Talking openly though, there's some of us on the pod that are close to jacking it in with the club. That's how disillusioned some of our fanbase are. 

Just need the season to start but this is as uninterested I've been as a fan for quite some time. Just struggling to relate to what's going on. I don't actually like what we stand for.

No need for apologies! It's your (as a collective) time and i'm sure everyone can appreciate that!

Totally get where you're coming from.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Just need the season to start but this is as uninterested I've been as a fan for quite some time. Just struggling to relate to what's going on. I don't actually like what we stand for.

A lot are in the same boat. 

Just takes a quick look through other threads and the amount of contempt and lack of interest is growing season upon season.

Don't think it's just our club either, a scan across football twitter posts or other forums and you'll see a huge number of people becoming tired of the modern game.

VAR, FFP, Cheating/Rule avoidance and Price increases are all issues pushing fans out of the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Talking openly though, there's some of us on the pod that are close to jacking it in with the club.

Make it a talk show then.

Talk about the most random of shit and every week get one of your mates on Ric, and i can guarantee you’d get double the amount of listeners. 😂

• Haha 2

This pod resonated with me deeply.

It was interesting hearing Ric talking about neurological programming in respect of gambling.  One of the insidious things about the way the club is being run is the ownership know full well that lifelong fans, fans whose parents and grandparents perhaps supported Leicester, find it very hard to simply stop following.  It's very much part of your personal identity beyond simply a sports club.  

They continue to make decisions which I find bizarre and at times outrageous but I'll still be watching next season.... Unless we sign Ayew.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is anything but the summer of love

Ruddy brilliant listen. All points are totally agreeable to most of us I would think. Beyond a shit show on all fronts really, even down to the kit which is disgusting.

On the Ayew link - yes I’d prefer to go elsewhere, and his goals/assists record is dire, but he does know how to scrap and survive in an unfancied team. I’m NOT shouting from the rooftops about him, but I don’t think it’s bad as being made out by many. More of an Elvis Hammond than a Marko Futacs if that makes any sense? 

Special shout out to the South Lakes Safari Zoo if anyone’s ever up Barrow way as well!

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was listening to the first few minutes of this when my train was pulling into Paddington this morning. Somehow I accidently skipped forwards and it landed right in the middle of Ric's rant about our lack of transfer activity. I was laughing out loud at one point, which was good timing as a few seconds later I discovered that the Elizabeth Line was down and I was going to miss my 9am meeting with my boss. However by that point I was far more bothered about our failure to land Albert Gronbaek than I was about any of the projects I'm working on...

• Haha 1

Great to have the pod back! I burst out laughing when Jord predicted we'd finish at the bottom—set the tone for the rest of the episode that did. Can’t blame him with how the club's being run though. Totally agree about the hideous sponsor and away shirt—i wouldn't be seen dead wearing that either. Bobby Reid, Okoli, and Golding seem like solid signings to me but as Cooper said, we're not Premier League ready. We still need to replace KDH and add quality in the final third, and with only a few weeks until the opener, we need to act fast.

• Thanks 1

Another great episode lads and perfectly summed up my feelings on LCFC too, which I never thought was possible. 

Totally agree about Ayew, I put it on one of the now deleted threads about him - 25 goals in 274 appearances with even less assists, he’ll also be 33 in September.

Happily walk him back to Selhurst if saw him at Morrisons’.

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2024 at 20:55, Ric Flair said:

And you will hear us. From Monday we'll be back every week.

Sounds like you'll be going down the True Geordie route. I look forward to the episode with the Liver King

1 hour ago, Noahfence said:

Good to have the podcast back. Does Jack not come on anymore? Feel like I haven’t heard him on there for ages. 

He's parted ways unfortunately. I still menace him on WhatsApp though so he's not truly free of me.

• Thanks 1

Completely get why some of you feel the way you do. I feel like I can separate my support for the lads from the bellends who run the club but I completely get why some of you can't or won't. 

I'm still angry about how we got in all this mess and I am even more angry at the attitude of the likes of Top, Susan and the rest. You can absolutely guarantee any criticism would have been met with an attitude of we won you the league and FA Cup how dare you criticise us. That arrogance led them all the way to a relegation they never dreamt would possibly happen to them. 

After getting away with it again. And they have. We almost ****ed everything up with the most expensive ever championship squad. They could have gone 2 ways. Thank their lucky stars and do everything they can to make up for their errors or count it as nothing more than a blip in the road and look at each other like they're geniuses for a promotion. The open top bus full of Thai influencers gives you the answer to that one.

Its still rotten to the core and I fear it will be now until Top leaves. Which will be pretty soon. 

• Like 1