Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

1 hour ago, FoxTrott said:

Love the podcast! The most recent podcast was the first episode I've listened to that I didn't enjoy. I know Leicester fans enjoy wallowing in misery (and trust me, I can do my fair share of indulging), however, I do feel there is a risk of being toxic before a ball has even been kicked this season. I generally sensed a vibe of "I hope we get relegated, just so I can say I told you so".

Sponsorships -  honestly, I get it - totally rubbish we have a crypto/gambling/nonsense sponsor. But we have no idea of what the financial details are. It might have been double the nearest "ethical" sponsorship we'd have been offered. And I really wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. No, not popular, but unless we want to face even harsher penalties, what choices do the club have? I get the argument we've sleepwalked into this situation - and it is a travesty things are how they are. But the reality is Leicester have regressed and now we need to suffer to build again. 

Signings - let's give them a chance. I think it's easy to say "we shouldn't sign X player, we've tried to sign seasoned Premier League players before and it hasn't worked". We've also tried to sign young, international talents that haven't worked out. We've tried to sign stars from other leagues that haven't worked. I don't see a pattern in our successful signings - so let's give the team a chance. Jordan Ayew, while not flashy, is a player who has played 200 times for a (at times) decent Palace side. He's versatile and honestly every time I've watched him I've thought him to be very underrated, as someone who can press and will give his all for 90 minutes, something which Leicester fans have been crying out for. 4 goals, but 7 assists last season, which is 90th percentile. 

Overall, I get the club is not in a good spot at the moment. But what's not going to help (realistically), is fans turning on the team before a ball has even been kicked this season. Leicester has always been a team which has relished in adversity and performs best when our back is against the wall. Get behind the boys and turn the KP into a place the opposition fears coming to again. 

If Ayew comes here it wont be to work his bollocks off it will be for financial security as he approaches the end of his career.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FoxTrott said:

I can see you already have an agenda against the player so not really worth discussing. Plenty of players have joined us later in their careers and been successful and motivated beyond compensation. Evans, Huth, Fuchs, to name a few. 

i  see you've decided i have an agenda.

its just an opinion shared on a forum, put your handbag away.

On 27/07/2024 at 20:46, Ric Flair said:

Talking openly though, there's some of us on the pod that are close to jacking it in with the club. That's how disillusioned some of our fanbase are. 

I remain amazed this isn't the opinion of everyone. It's incredible how some people are prepared to be treated - they need to rename Stockholm Syndrome.

I quite enjoyed the latest edition and I don’t have an issue with any of the views that were mentioned. 

There’s not much to be optimistic about. 

Two weeks out from the start of the season. We have a points deduction hanging over us, we’re trying to attract players who realistically are only going to come for the money because we’re not offering much else. We’re supposedly offering £25 million for an Argentine Under 21 wonder kid one week and the next week we’re looking at Jordan Ayew. 

The club has done it’s best to hack off the fans all summer with digital tickets, eye watering match day increases, bang average kits with dodgy sponsors, £10 to watch training games and finally after all of that they send out fan engagement emails. They are just taking the piss. 

I won’t be getting on Steve Cooper or the player’s backs this season, none of what I’m expecting to come our way  can be put on them. 

• Like 1

I’ve just finished.

I actually think you’ve summed up how the majority of the more knowledgeable fan base feels. 

We do need a forward, a winger and two centre midfielders in my opinion. 

Realistically the squad is thin across the board on quality.

Just now, Sly said:

I’ve just finished.

I actually think you’ve summed up how the majority of the more knowledgeable fan base feels. 

We do need a forward, a winger and two centre midfielders in my opinion. 

Realistically the squad is thin across the board on quality.

Proven pl centre forward..... it will cost alot but  20 goal hero will avoid relegation 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Proven pl centre forward..... it will cost alot but  20 goal hero will avoid relegation 

I’d be happy with a link up forward. 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Would be nice but if Vardy can get 10 we just another that can get to 10 

On 02/08/2024 at 20:41, foxinsocks said:

How many times will people come out with this cliche? A 20 goal striker would cost about £60 million. 

Only Haaland, Isak and Palmer scored 20 or more last season. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Danno said:

How many times will people come out with this cliche? A 20 goal striker would cost about £60 million. 

Only Haaland, Isak and Palmer scored 20 or more last season. 

Start with a 10 goaler and play to his strengths

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Great listen again, but did the podcast start off with a Crypto gambling sponsor telling me I could lose everything I invest? 👀

Did it? This isn't the first time we've found out Sports Social have had gambling adds on our podcast. We went wild at them the last time. I'll have a look.

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Did it? This isn't the first time we've found out Sports Social have had gambling adds on our podcast. We went wild at them the last time. I'll have a look.

Yeah was just a bit of a shock given the discussion last week. Thought you spoke really well on the gambling issue btw 👍

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Yeah was just a bit of a shock given the discussion last week. Thought you spoke really well on the gambling issue btw 👍

Thanks mate, I'll follow up with them. Getting sick of this. 

• Like 2

Fantastic pod once more. 

I too am warming to Brussel and agree he is gravitating towards our club. Reckon by 2027 he will have won a trophy of some description that he and Pinder parade around the outskirts of the building site of the stadium that is set to be expanded to 70k to keep up with demand. 

got the who are you WELL early also! Was screaming at the car radio 😂 but also at one point thought it was the other chap who scored against cov that season in the 3-0 win at home. trying not to give too much away here.

keep it up gents!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Fantastic pod once more. 

I too am warming to Brussel and agree he is gravitating towards our club. Reckon by 2027 he will have won a trophy of some description that he and Pinder parade around the outskirts of the building site of the stadium that is set to be expanded to 70k to keep up with demand. 

got the who are you WELL early also! Was screaming at the car radio 😂 but also at one point thought it was the other chap who scored against cov that season in the 3-0 win at home. trying not to give too much away here.

keep it up gents!

Hahahaa we did Andy Johnson before, that game was Mandaric's first in charge as an owner. I was garried and in hospitality and he came in to greet everyone. I allegedly got him in a headlock and gave him a friendly knuckle rub.

I didn't get Horsfield earlier because I remembered more goals than Jord claimed he'd scored via Wikipedia! He got 2 vs Cov, 1 vs Leeds and possibly more?

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa we did Andy Johnson before, that game was Mandaric's first in charge as an owner. I was garried and in hospitality and he came in to greet everyone. I allegedly got him in a headlock and gave him a friendly knuckle rub.

I didn't get Horsfield earlier because I remembered more goals than Jord claimed he'd scored via Wikipedia! He got 2 vs Cov, 1 vs Leeds and possibly more?

@Ric Flair spoiler alert mate :frusty:

Not listened yet! 

Edited by coolhandfox