Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

Always smile during this pod but Ric’s sheer excitement over Buonanotte’s debut gave me a few chuckles during the day. 

“BUENO NOTTAY FVCKIN HELL!”

Who are you really tough this time. Had genuinely never heard of the guy.

Keep it up lads. Already looking forward to the next one. 

• Thanks 1

On 19/08/2024 at 18:13, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Just got around to listening on my drive to Leicester for the game tonight. Great listen and captures a lot of what I’ve been thinking.

The ‘Who are you’ answer being Brian Deane made me think about players of have scored at both Filbert Street and KP (for us). There can’t be that many…

If memory serves me right I think Paul Dickov also scored for us at Filbert street as well as the KP. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

If memory serves me right I think Paul Dickov also scored for us at Filbert street as well as the KP. 

izzett and Elliott both scored goals in the promotion season that was the first at the KP, so if some of those goals were at home they count too. Looking at the History section, I think there's a fair chance Scowcroft is on there too. Tricky Trev got one goal in his first season, so if that was a Filbo goal he's an outside bet too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

6 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

izzett and Elliott both scored goals in the promotion season that was the first at the KP, so if some of those goals were at home they count too. Looking at the History section, I think there's a fair chance Scowcroft is on there too. Tricky Trev got one goal in his first season, so if that was a Filbo goal he's an outside bet too.

Yes it’s basically this lot, and perhaps the likes of Gerry Taggart? I’ve just scanned the first team squad from last season at Filbert St and the only other possibilities are Andy Impey, Matt Heath and Jordan Stewart - the last 2 were possibly too junior to have had regular football let alone get near the goal. Not sure about Impey though.

• Like 1

Jordan: you've left you're nothing to do with me any more. 

Also Jordan: ten minutes of analysis on Maddison, his inner psychological state and the fact he wandered about for a bit of a clap at the end of the game.

Otherwise enjoyable as ever, Sam spoke well.  

• Haha 2

Yea also really enjoyed the pod. Jake’s analysis of losing our identity is spot on I think. I was trying to make this point, albeit badly, after the game. While I always want us to be the best we can and compete with the best, there is something  bizarrely reassuring about being in the position we’re in now. We’re natural underdogs I think. I feel like a kid who’s got his comfort blanket back.

I got Verma not long after it was said he started his career here and then game back.

Just now, lanefox said:

Don't be conscious of the length of the episodes , when your smiling is so frustrating now with the 20 minutes episodes , they start getting into conversation and then it's that's your lot

They'll naturally go back to probably 60-90 mins as the games come thick and fast but so much to ponder and get apoplectic and excited about.

On 19/08/2024 at 18:13, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Just got around to listening on my drive to Leicester for the game tonight. Great listen and captures a lot of what I’ve been thinking.

The ‘Who are you’ answer being Brian Deane made me think about players of have scored at both Filbert Street and KP (for us). There can’t be that many…

Brian Deane never actually scored for us at Filbert Street. All his goals that season were away.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lanefox said:

Don't be conscious of the length of the episodes , when your smiling is so frustrating now with the 20 minutes episodes , they start getting into conversation and then it's that's your lot

It's actually really poor that it's gone from an hour phone in to about 35 minutes with talk of women's football shoehorned for the last 20. 

I defend the BBC a bit more than most because I know there won't be local radio like it is if the license fee goes, and a lot of us still use Radio Leicester a lot for football. Reducing the biggest discussion they have on it like they have is very poor. 

It's why podcasts like this one have become more popular because the content certainly isn't any worse and you get so much more. 

• Like 4

I meant to make this point earlier in the week, but I couldn't have disagreed with Jordans opinion anymore than i do, ala Maddision. Really think the club and the fans has a special meaning for Madders, I think he probably does feel bad for 22/23 but he had to leave, theres no way he could have stayed, and to boo him was pathetic imo. You aren't helping the team by doing that. Maddison was a great diplomat for the club, gave his all but 22/23 couldn't carry the team, if any players were to be picked out, I'd start with Ndidi, Thomas and Tielemens who put in lazy performances more often than not. I hope we aren't applauding Youri when we play Villa because imo, and i don't care he scored that FA cup goal, 22/23 just ruined it for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

I meant to make this point earlier in the week, but I couldn't have disagreed with Jordans opinion anymore than i do, ala Maddision. Really think the club and the fans has a special meaning for Madders, I think he probably does feel bad for 22/23 but he had to leave, theres no way he could have stayed, and to boo him was pathetic imo. You aren't helping the team by doing that. Maddison was a great diplomat for the club, gave his all but 22/23 couldn't carry the team, if any players were to be picked out, I'd start with Ndidi, Thomas and Tielemens who put in lazy performances more often than not. I hope we aren't applauding Youri when we play Villa because imo, and i don't care he scored that FA cup goal, 22/23 just ruined it for me

It's very subjective though. Tielemans and Iheanacho single handedly dragged us to an FA Cup final with their performances in the QF and semis and then in the final, don't need to say anything. That was against a backdrop of Maddison and others having that covid party and could have massively derailed our FA Cup win, our 2nd biggest ever achievement.

I think Maddison went on to be a great player for us and I hold no animosity towards him. Will always have a soft spot for him for sure but I get why others don't and why some think Tielemans ruined his legacy here.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very subjective though. Tielemans and Iheanacho single handedly dragged us to an FA Cup final with their performances in the QF and semis and then in the final, don't need to say anything. That was against a backdrop of Maddison and others having that covid party and could have massively derailed our FA Cup win, our 2nd biggest ever achievement.

I think Maddison went on to be a great player for us and I hold no animosity towards him. Will always have a soft spot for him for sure but I get why others don't and why some think Tielemans ruined his legacy here.

When I was madders age, I couldn't stand staying in at the weekend, I wanted to be out partying everying weekend, so i could very well sympathise with the youngsters when they were unjustly locked down by the govt, the reaction to it was utterly ridiculous imo, and Madders got both barrels desptite Perez and Hamza being involved. If i remember rightly, Rodgers dropped Maddison for a massive fixture against West Ham which cost us in our pursuit for top 4 (that was all abour Rodgers). I blame no one for breaking lock down rules as I always thought it was causing more harm than good, and whilst I recocognise how good Tielemens was when he wanted to play, and how vital Nachos performances were that FA cup run, I don't understand the rage Maddison got for that party, which I believe never went away for some.

9 hours ago, splinterdream said:

When I was madders age, I couldn't stand staying in at the weekend, I wanted to be out partying everying weekend, so i could very well sympathise with the youngsters when they were unjustly locked down by the govt, the reaction to it was utterly ridiculous imo, and Madders got both barrels desptite Perez and Hamza being involved. If i remember rightly, Rodgers dropped Maddison for a massive fixture against West Ham which cost us in our pursuit for top 4 (that was all abour Rodgers). I blame no one for breaking lock down rules as I always thought it was causing more harm than good, and whilst I recocognise how good Tielemens was when he wanted to play, and how vital Nachos performances were that FA cup run, I don't understand the rage Maddison got for that party, which I believe never went away for some.

I think it was more that the club pleaded with the players to behave in the lead up to the FA Cup semi final and a crucial period of the season and yet some of them still went out and got arseholed. 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it was more that the club pleaded with the players to behave in the lead up to the FA Cup semi final and a crucial period of the season and yet some of them still went out and got arseholed. 

im pretty sure it was just before an important league game against West Ham (they were 5th i think), with which Rodgers dropped Maddison but i might be mistaken 

Just now, splinterdream said:

im pretty sure it was just before an important league game against West Ham (they were 5th i think), with which Rodgers dropped Maddison but i might be mistaken 

Yeah my memory is hazy, it was that week of that game followed by the semi final.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah my memory is hazy, it was that week of that game followed by the semi final.

yes i think it was, but that West Ham game was mega important as they were flying, but i think the party was start of the week, nevertheless i can understand the scandal at the time, but i dont think there was any evidence they were getting wasted to the point of impacting the game, after all Rodgers did that trying to show he was billy big bollocks 

• 2 weeks later...