Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

BR keeps moaning about players being worked into the ground because we have a small squad when we have players like Albrighton (RW), Perez (CAM) and Mendy who can do a job especially when played in their preferred positions.

BR is a fraud.

• Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

Shows very well just how fired up Youri was tonight. Some people have said he didn’t try in the first half, completely missing the beautiful set up he made for Perez to, ridiculously, blaze it over the bar.

Gotta love Tielemans, continuing to try to hard playing alongside this guff.

Ward is f**king useless isn’t he!

From what I’ve seen against both Newcastle and Fulham, we’ve basically lost the game before it’s really started. Cheap early goals which we have no answer for because the opposition are wasting time, playing to the ref and basically destroying any momentum we might get. I suggest the answer is to not try and play football in our own half for the first 20 minutes.

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

For the first time in going with my dad for the last 15 years when we were walking out he said he didn’t want to go again. Man that killed me inside as it’s not just the football it’s the day out. The fact that Rodgers has got it this bad is so annoying. 

Genuinely sorry to hear that Una. That’s what it does I’m afraid. 
I wouldn’t pay to watch this lot and definitely not, knowing what they are earning. Particularly Rodgers.

It’s obscene money,

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

My dad has stopped going since just before Forest. Kills me that he’s just lost interest, I’d always thought him to be overly critical of Rodgers and it was over the top but after tonight me and my brother are in the same boat. 

The lack of interest is everywhere. I don't know anyone who looks forward to going anymore. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Get this manager out. And if Rudkin doesn't deliver this month then get him gone too.

Even Rudkin couldn't be arsed to go tonight.

Was it just me or did it seem the Ref booked the wrong Fulham player on two occasions which would have led to a red card. Their number 10 brought down Perez just after he got booked but it looked like the ref didn’t want to send him off.

Just now, jmono84 said:

Was it just me or did it seem the Ref booked the wrong Fulham player on two occasions which would have led to a red card. Their number 10 brought down Perez just after he got booked but it looked like the ref didn’t want to send him off.

Who was the ref? I thought it was a nutter who went to a fancy dress party as a ref as somehow ended up at the KP

• Haha 1

Just now, David Oldfields Gate said:

The lack of interest is everywhere. I don't know anyone who looks forward to going anymore. 

We took my Mrs tonight whos a Sheffield United season ticket holder, she was amazed at:

a) how their was just a sense of despair hanging over the fans

b) as she described how the club fails to read the room, sending out shirt cannons and treating it like a big party

Made me think about when we used to have the Birch on the pitch trying to get the fans up for it, telling fans to back the lads, in it together, foxes never quit etc 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Thanks Col, it’s a double whammy as I got him an Amartey 18 shirt for his bday which is gonna go down like a lead ballon 

:appl:

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

We took my Mrs tonight whos a Sheffield United season ticket holder, she was amazed at:

a) how their was just a sense of despair hanging over the fans

b) as she described how the club fails to read the room, sending out shirt cannons and treating it like a big party

Made me think about when we used to have the Birch on the pitch trying to get the fans up for it, telling fans to back the lads, in it together, foxes never quit etc 

Couldn’t believe that when they got the shirt cannon out. Was hoping for a close range blast to the head after that first half 

4 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

It’s honestly ****ing crap, has been for about 18 months now, only the European Tour and ticking off new stadiums has kept my interest up. If I didn’t need the points I’d sack off the rest of the season, feels like a chore to attend games every time now. 

It’s a lack of desire. Not saying they aren’t trying but there’s no real hunger or desire to win. Players have grown bored of the “project” and want moves. It’s understandable, the Newcastle game was most evident. Tonight was exactly how we all knew it would go. Concede a shit goal, huff and puff, get no luck and lose. Worrying. This lot don’t have the stomach for a relationship fight. If madders stays I think we will be fine but from his point, why would ya? 

22 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Thought similar at the time but think mistaken identity on my part for the Perez one. 18 Paulinha got booked for taking Tielemans out, then shortly after 10 Cairney took Perez down and got booked. 

The other one was when Fulham got a free kick just inside our half and the ref got them to change where they took it from and 2 Tete got really in the ref’s face with a lot of finger wagging and appeared to get booked for dissent, but the Ref actually showed the card to 4 Tosin. 

Tete then later got booked for a foul. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

What sums us up, is that we had one player who can genuinely play football in the team tonight. ONE! 

Tielmens. Scary because he’s had enough off games.  But at least he’s prepared to put it in. And even more scary if he departs!

Draw probably would have been a fair result. But not turning up in the first half cost us.

We seem to have elected to play a style of football that we're not very good at, it's baffling. Strolling round like we're 4-0 up when we're losing 0-1.

• Like 2

I put all of this on TWO things , 

for two years we should have got European football , but our owners and manager stuffed it up by not buying a player or two in the winter window , I believe if we had , YOURI would have signed a new contract and a lot of the crap we signed would not have happened , just may thoughts 

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Shows very well just how fired up Youri was tonight. Some people have said he didn’t try in the first half, completely missing the beautiful set up he made for Perez to, ridiculously, blaze it over the bar.

Gotta love Tielemans, continuing to try to hard playing alongside this guff.

And as I said. We battered them. The highlights show their goal and a counter chance right at the death. With our 6 big chances inbetween.