Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

I can’t stand this team at the moment. Nor the manager.

We’ve been shit before… But I just can’t remember feeling so much vitriol towards everyone involved. They’re all complicit in dragging the club down.

Edited by RoboFox

21 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

BR keeps moaning about players being worked into the ground because we have a small squad when we have players like Albrighton (RW), Perez (CAM) and Mendy who can do a job especially when played in their preferred positions.

BR is a fraud.

Soyuncu also who let’s face it, hasn’t become a bad player overnight, I’d rate him to do a better job as fullback than I would Thomas at times, the lad can sometimes have a lazy one it seems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richmondfox said:

Another game where we haven’t been beaten by our opponent but lost against ourselves. Another Amartey mistake that Brendan won’t get asked about. 

We have a mixture of players that are too slow on the ball and lack ability or awareness that cause our goals conceded (Amartey, Thomas, Ndidi) and others that try and over play and miss out easiest chances (Barnes/Perez) 

Very accurate post. 
only thing I’d say Thomas did well was the ball through for Barnes. 
when we play 4-2-3-1, full backs have to be seen attacking. But he doesn’t. He wants to be a full back who doesn’t go past the half way line. 
We need to seeing Barnes on the right, get his confidence going to go past players on the outside.  Especially when it’s not working on the left. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Who was it that lost the ball in midfield then casually jogged back in their goal, was it Wilf?

Yep. But also let’s not forget Luke Thomas miles out of position and jogging back. Pathetic. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Yep. But also let’s not forget Luke Thomas miles out of position and jogging back. Pathetic. 

Watching highlights and it’s a common theme, jogging around until we go a goal behind. The thing we had forest onwards was energy and determination. We need to play risky attacking football and accept we may concede but need to score more imo, because that’s where our energy is.

This - a very sad night when Perez is the best of a non existent front 3.  Vardy worst of the bunch & unfortunately a shadow of his former self.  Only players who were half decent were Tielmans & Faes.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

So easy to defend against. Just defend safely and take no risks and we ain't scoring unless it's a worldie.

Perez somehow manages to be our most threatening player yet the worse player on the pitch at the same time. 

Vardy is finished, doesn't even look bothered, offers no focal point and no pass. 

I don't I've ever seen a team worse than us at chasing the game in the late stages. 

3 minutes ago, weggy1976 said:

Very accurate post. 
only thing I’d say Thomas did well was the ball through for Barnes. 
when we play 4-2-3-1, full backs have to be seen attacking. But he doesn’t. He wants to be a full back who doesn’t go past the half way line. 
We need to seeing Barnes on the right, get his confidence going to go past players on the outside.  Especially when it’s not working on the left. 

Barnes needs to be chasing the ball not receiving it with his back to goal, especially when all he can do is pass back to Thomas who passes back to the cbs, side to side rinse repeat. 

That pass by Thomas was great, he needs to attempt that more often. At times it feels like the defence are under strict orders for Amartey to start the attacks out from the back. 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

That's really sad isn't it but I can fully understand why.

I've been taking my 22yr son since he was 5, it's a been a special time for me. I've been going since the late 60s. Tonight we both admitted that it was becoming a bit of a chore. It's not the losing, I've seen plenty of that in my time including relegation, but somehow it's now different. It certainly isn't a sense of entitlement after 2015/16, I'm a realist I think and beyond that.

Somehow, Rodgers tenure, rather like taking the kids to see a Harry Potter movie when they were young. His presence is like of one of those dementors hanging and floating about, he seems to have sucked the joy and happiness out of the place despite what the media think. I can't say that I've ever warmed to him and just find him to be an egocentric creepy individual. 

Is it the whole sanitisation of the match experience do you think? The overly loud pre-match music. The instructions on when and how to wave the honesty flags. The whole thing just feels dismal. Mind you tonight's loss means from the beginning of 2022 my Prem Record is played 17, won 2. I've pretty much lost the feeling of seeing a win.

There was a moment tonight when the crowd at the Kop End got really arsey about something, and Vardy actually did a mad chase to close down one of their full backs, like he really meant it. For me most of the players simply aren't trying hard enough. Jogging around when they lose the ball, precious little intensity, about perhaps from Youri who worked his backside off. 

Deeply miserable. I've left two games early this season (Brighton away, Newcastle home) and I reckon I've only done that once in the previous 50 years (A cold, wet afternoon in Portsmouth!)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bob666 said:

This - a very sad night when Perez is the best of a non existent front 3.  Vardy worst of the bunch & unfortunately a shadow of his former self.  Only players who were half decent were Tielmans & Faes.

Bit harsh on Marc and Tim who were decent.

Mostly it was a poor team performance than poor individual ones, as if they had never played together.

First half no drive, no press, no energy - bar a couple of crosses and Perez clearing the bar. Second half at least we created something but couldn’t put the chances away. We seem to start better away than at home. To many of this squad are no longer good enough. The injury record under Brendan’s tenure is quite frankly appalling - some unlucky granted, but it seems to be a common theme wherever he’s been. We somehow need to get through to the summer and hopefully be in a position to start a proper rebuild. However the next 6 league fixtures are a massive concern. Carry on in the manner we’ve been since the restart and it is not inconceivable that we could be on the end of 9 straight league defeats. I’d snap your hand off now for a point at Forest. We’ve pulled it out the bag before the World Cup. Somehow we’ve got to do it again. Off to Gillingham, and wouldn’t be surprised if we were on the end of a shock, but hopefully we turn up and get a comfortable win.

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Felt like it was coming as well.

Crowd sounded magnificent again kept pushing the lads 🙌👏👏👏

I went to the game with my 17 year old son for his first Leicester game (he lives up North with his mum) and he couldn't believe we lost as we had enough chances to win easily

on the crowd he was impressed we kept singing so much and didn't realise Fulham had any fans until the end of the game they were so quiet. We were in SK1 - great effort by the singing section in fairness to them 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I went to the game with my 17 year old son for his first Leicester game (he lives up North with his mum) and he couldn't believe we lost as we had enough chances to win easily

on the crowd he was impressed we kept singing so much and didn't realise Fulham had any fans until the end of the game they were so quiet. We were in SK1 - great effort by the singing section in fairness to them 

I sit in block a and Fulham didn’t stop singing, and could not hear any one in kop at all.

2 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Why cause we couldn’t beat them?

I always thought Dyche's Burnley were cynical time wasters and of course all teams seek to "manage games" when leading but Fulham took it to a whole new level tonight. Never seen anything like some of the antics from them in the second half, it was almost comical. Shame the ref was too weak to deal with it effectively. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

Does anyone know why Birch is no longer at the games? Used to love how he fired up the crowd prior to a big game like tonight 

Agreed we're missing the birches inspiration pre match. From what I gather he's not been very well since his last health scare and taking it easy. I believe he's still attending games but just not well enough to go on the mic.