Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

Well if cags lost his place in the team because he pulled out of a tackle , god help Thomas , because he was so lazy in getting back , he deserves to be dropped . And by the way who was the player , playing in Perez shirt , we should keep him he had a pretty damn good game . 🤔🤪

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bptiger said:

Well if cags lost his place in the team because he pulled out of a tackle , god help Thomas , because he was so lazy in getting back , he deserves to be dropped . And by the way who was the player , playing in Perez shirt , we should keep him he had a pretty damn good game . 🤔🤪

Sums it up so many players out of form. Are making perez look decent.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

We took my Mrs tonight whos a Sheffield United season ticket holder, she was amazed at:

a) how their was just a sense of despair hanging over the fans

b) as she described how the club fails to read the room, sending out shirt cannons and treating it like a big party

Made me think about when we used to have the Birch on the pitch trying to get the fans up for it, telling fans to back the lads, in it together, foxes never quit etc 

I thought the exact same there tonight.

• Like 1

Today was the first time I felt that they weren’t playing from him, and that he has maybe lost the dressing room.  Shocking for the first 20 mins. Absolutely pathetic and the team only got going when the crowd got stuck into them. We (the crowd) need to be doing this more as the6 did respond. Last 20 mins would probably have been entertaining for a neutral and we gave it a go but Rodger’s ball prevailed. Nothing remotely clinical from anyone and lots of passing to feet. In a way it felt like the Stockport game where we produced very little.

Speaking of Rodger’s ball, I watched the Fulham players during the warmup. We did our usual shi* (passing around on the ground and some shooting), Fulham were practising wing to wing passes and crosses in the box. Can you imagine it, actually practising a cross!  Our guys look like they have never crossed the ball in training. 

Ndidi looked fat and out of shape to me. Barnes and Vardy have zero confidence and it’s really hard to watch them. I though Perez did a lot, but my god that shot in the first half was wa*k.

In a parallel universe that Youri strike goes in. 

F&&k what a waste of an evening. 

My wife has offered to donate a knee to Madders.  Jeeze do we need him back. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ledecestre said:

We still have 9 of the team playing today that beat Man City 5-2 in 2020. I don't believe it's because they're all suddenly crap. It has to be because of the manager and the coaching staff or we're saying that we were never that good any way and were just lucky and I don't believe that.

father time is a thing

• Like 1

To be fair, after a characteristic start to a game, like slow and passive, I thought we played really well in the second half, in fits and starts, and could have won the game by 4-1, 3-1. This slow start is killing us though. Aggression from the start is needed. We must dictate the tempo from the start not wait to see how the other team plays. Fulham are not good but we sat off them like they are title contenders. Up and at em!!!!!

We had enough chances to win tonight.

Perez with his half  volley over the stand.

Vardys knew kn one.

Hatmrvey Barnes.

Youris shot onto the bar.

BUT this is what will see is down if we arent clinical enough.

Best player I thought on a dull display overall was Albrighton.

Another player deemed not good enough by BR to start more games because hes too attack minded!!!

I genuinely felt that we didn’t do that badly in large parts of the game and areas of the pitch last night. The early injuries were unfortunate but we worked hard throughout and maybe didn’t get the rub of the green that our effort deserved. Certain players do look a bit low on confidence and form whilst injuries and lack of fit alternatives meant that options were limited. The changes made again did their best but too many players were just not quite firing on all cylinders. It’s fine margins I know but I felt we were in the game right to the end and played well but just didn’t get the result we could have and should have as in the Liverpool game. People have mentioned mentality and maybe that plays a part but I didn’t see a lack of effort. Just a sloppy goal given away and lack of ruthlessness/ quality in the final third. We need to change that and quickly. 

I’m a hypocrite. I’ve derided those who don’t feel like going down but for the first time, it’s got to me. It’s the nearest I’ve been to sacking it off - it’s not even the results, it’s the lack of connection to the fans, the continued increase of stewarding, the ‘match day’ vibe. It’s not enjoyable. 

If: 

1) I maintain my ST cos it’s good time to spend with my dad and brother. Although I think both might consider sacking it off too 

2) I’d lose all the priority I’ve built up of x years if suddenly we got ourselves in order 

3) I haven’t found a non league club nearby which I really enjoy and feel as though I could get behind. 

It’s a chore sadly. And I’m breaking point in terms of it affecting my moods 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Who was it that lost the ball in midfield then casually jogged back in their goal, was it Wilf?

Piper commented, ‘some don’t look fit’. This after half an hour……there’s more to it than that, something is very wrong. 

• Like 1

The mood hanging over each match is just horrible, someone else alluded to it, it's like everyone is waiting to moan. There is zero atmosphere, zero enthusiasm at all. Even in away ends there is no buzz, no excitement, no atmosphere. The club is slightly embarrassing at the moment. No money, full of injuries, players badly out of form, and the pre match entertainment is club foot belted out while we are all warned not to steal the precious flags. It's like there is an impending sense of doom.

• Like 1

Just now, STEVIE B said:

Piper commented, ‘some don’t look fit’. This after half an hour……there’s more to it than that, something is very wrong. 

Ndi and Barnes were borderline disgraceful. There was more than one occasion Barnes didn't fully run after a ball played on to him, this is unacceptable. Even if you don't think you can there, try at least.

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’m a hypocrite. I’ve derided those who don’t feel like going down but for the first time, it’s got to me. It’s the nearest I’ve been to sacking it off - it’s not even the results, it’s the lack of connection to the fans, the continued increase of stewarding, the ‘match day’ vibe. It’s not enjoyable. 

If: 

1) I maintain my ST cos it’s good time to spend with my dad and brother. Although I think both might consider sacking it off too 

2) I’d lose all the priority I’ve built up of x years if suddenly we got ourselves in order 

3) I haven’t found a non league club nearby which I really enjoy and feel as though I could get behind. 

Feel the same. I'm at work, having got up at 5am, didn't get to bed til nearly midnight after attending last night for my sins. Didn't look forward to the game at all which was ruined by a terrible referee, blatant cheating and some diabolical football.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

The mood hanging over each match is just horrible, someone else alluded to it, it's like everyone is waiting to moan. There is zero atmosphere, zero enthusiasm at all. Even in away ends there is no buzz, no excitement, no atmosphere. The club is slightly embarrassing at the moment. No money, full of injuries, players badly out of form, and the pre match entertainment is club foot belted out while we are all warned not to steal the precious flags. It's like there is an impending sense of doom.

You could really feel it yesterday, prior to kick off of was like a library. The football club is in dire straits, they’re a crises boiling behind the scenes and it’s all ready to blow. Last night just made me feel like it’s done, there’s nothing left in this team, and they are absolutely crying out for a leader, and we don’t have one. 

5 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

father time is a thing

It’s 2 years, that’s all. So I’ll allow that Vardy is probably not what he was but some of the rest are in their prime like Barnes, Castagne, Mendy, Perez, Ihenacho. How has Father Time ruined them so much if not by coaching? These are international players in some cases!

Continues to baffle and annoy me that we just pass it round the back instead of pumping the ball forward in the dying seconds of the game. 

We did the right thing for most of the last 10/15 mins in getting the ball into the box. But when we have one more chance to do it, we don't lol

It's like the players think there's endless stoppage time. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

If: 

I was thinking exactly the same that even if we start winning or at least playing entertaining football, the so called match day experience is woeful, you can’t even speak to your friends as the music is too loud!

I’ve only been to a handful of home games this season and sadly used my allocation up of selling my ticket on the exchange already.

Had a season ticket since 1998, would regularly go 5-10 away games even during Megson time but now just can’t face it.  

A good honest afternoon or evening is all we ask for and the Americanisation + sanitisation of PL is sad to see.

Tbh the rot was creeping in long before now.

I found a non league club near me and I know the football isn’t the same level but you’re appreciated as you enter the ground and it ends up being a good afternoon out.  

Whilst in the PL we barely exist as fans now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Clarkielcfc said:

Astonishes me people actually clap them off, yea there were a few boos when the players did the ‘show our appreciation to the fans’ crap, but people actually clap them, baffles me, rewarding failure, nice one 🙄

It's a tough one. I clapped Youri because I honestly thought in amongst some truly horrific performances ( yes Ndidi and Barnes I'm talking about you) it was one of the best midfield performances I've seen in a long time. He wanted the ball he took the game by the scruff and everything we did went through him, he was millimetres away from another screamer aswell. He's had his poor games like many have, but he was brilliant last night. I clapped some of them for their general effort. But if for example Barnes or Brendan came over I wouldn't clap them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's a tough one. I clapped Youri because I honestly thought in amongst some truly horrific performances ( yes Ndidi and Barnes I'm talking about you) it was one of the best midfield performances I've seen in a long time. He wanted the ball he took the game by the scruff and everything we did went through him, he was millimetres away from another screamer aswell. He's had his poor games like many have, but he was brilliant last night. I clapped some of them for their general effort. But if for example Barnes or Brendan came over I wouldn't clap them.

Youri was brilliant, but he’s playing for a move isn’t he? (Cynical I know)…. But the rest of the team look drained, the first half was utterly dreadful, there wasn’t any desire at all.