Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

Just remembered the moment a Fulham player went down with a 'head injury'. Ref played on and Fulham attacked. We won the ball and got possession back about 20-30 seconds later.

Only then did the referee stop play seemingly in a rush and a panic because of the injury lol.

10 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

None of the players want to be there anymore do they

Remember watching an interview with Kasper who went on about how people wanted to play here, they loved it here and nobody wanted to leave. He knew what was coming, dress it up as one last dance in Europe all you like and talk about retiring in the south of France. If he still wanted to play for Leicester City he’d have stayed, without considering anything else. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Mad to think that if Youri's shot goes in that almost all of the negative posts in here wouldn't have been written.

To be fair, I'd have still been disappointed at a 1-1 draw to Fulham, at home.

The fact we lost...well...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just remembered the moment a Fulham player went down with a 'head injury'. Ref played on and Fulham attacked. We won the ball and got possession back about 20-30 seconds later.

Only then did the referee stop play seemingly in a rush and a panic because of the injury lol.

In his defense, on both occasions the Fulham players have gone down after the challenge was made not holding their heads, and the refs followed the ball I don’t believe he’s played advantage so not even deemed it a foul. Fulham then attacking he had his back to the player. We win it back heading back in the direction of the player on the floor now holding his head so he has to stop it. The issue is more the blatant cheating from players to just grab their heads knowing the ref HAS to stop the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm going to assume that this is a joke.

I don't enjoy seeing us beaten, but the team gave it a proper go last night, and as the night wore on it became apparent it just was never going to go in. I also knew with certainty that Perez would get loads of flak, despite that, desperate shooting apart, he did most with the ball, got us out of a few holes and committed himself. 

Decision making tends to be off when confidence is dented, and it is painful to see Vardy unable to recapture his previous brilliance. For me, as much as anything, this is the reason we're struggling so much now - we do not have a player who can create a goal seemingly out of nothing anymore, and he doesn't now preoccupy defenders to the required extent. I really hope something clicks back into place for him before he decides to calls it a day.

Of course it was a joke. I've said in a few posts that, especially in the last 20 minutes or so, they all gave it a good go. I don't doubt the effort and Perez in particular worked his socks off. But, there is something massively off with the end product and for me it stinks of Rodgers' approach. I noticed in the warm up Fulham players practicing wing to wing passes and crosses. This is ultimately what won them the game. We seem to have one way of attacking, and rely on Madders and Youri to bail us out.

Just now, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

this! saw some good posts on here last night around head injuries and the play needing to be stopped. have those players who are down holding their heads taken off for 5 minutes for assessment, will soon stop them doing 

Something has to be implemented, I don’t know if they can retrospectively fine/ban players because of the dangers with head injuries but it’s beyond the rules of cheating.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm going to assume that this is a joke.

I don't enjoy seeing us beaten, but the team gave it a proper go last night, and as the night wore on it became apparent it just was never going to go in. I also knew with certainty that Perez would get loads of flak, despite that, desperate shooting apart, he did most with the ball, got us out of a few holes and committed himself. 

Decision making tends to be off when confidence is dented, and it is painful to see Vardy unable to recapture his previous brilliance. For me, as much as anything, this is the reason we're struggling so much now - we do not have a player who can create a goal seemingly out of nothing anymore, and he doesn't now preoccupy defenders to the required extent. I really hope something clicks back into place for him before he decides to calls it a day.

Nothing quite like FT posters piling in to our two best players on the night, eh Peaky?!?!

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Mad to think that if Youri's shot goes in that almost all of the negative posts in here wouldn't have been written.

mad to think if 2 or 3 of those chances go in then the whole story would be of best performance of the season because most of the play was very slick, zipped it around, neat 1/2s, layoffs & slide through passes all very tidy just finishing needed more composure by Perez, Barnes & Vardy i won't include Youri in that because his were outside the box efforts.

But we lost & the whole narrative about the performance changes, what a difference a goal makes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

mad to think if 2 or 3 of those chances go in then the whole story would be of best performance of the season because most of the play was very slick, zipped it around, neat 1/2s, layoffs & slide through passes all very tidy just finishing needed more composure by Perez, Barnes & Vardy i won't include Youri in that because his were outside the box efforts.

But we lost & the whole narrative about the performance changes, what a difference a goal makes

The defending was dreadful regardless which wouldn’t put it in performance of the season for me. 

We still gave up 1.2ish on xG 

Edited by CosbehFox

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

When you’ve got 17 points from 18 games the results are way more important than performances. We’re in serious trouble if we don’t start picking up results. 

7 hours ago, Clarkielcfc said:

Astonishes me people actually clap them off, yea there were a few boos when the players did the ‘show our appreciation to the fans’ crap, but people actually clap them, baffles me, rewarding failure, nice one 🙄

I don't think that's what it was. I think a number of us looked past the result and realised/thought the players had, on the whole, given their all. 

One can justifiably say that wasn't and isn't enough, but that's a separate argument. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shiv said:

When you’ve got 17 points from 18 games the results are way more important than performances. We’re in serious trouble if we don’t start picking up results. 

Results are always more important than style. You win 1-0 and people are generally happy. You lose 1-0 and , for some, the sky has fallen

43 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Quite how we lost that I don't know. There were enough chances to have won the game comfortably. As for their goal, yet again a stupid careless mistake, we shoot ourselves in the bloody foot every match it seems.

Well we do keep persisting with Daniel Amartey... that pass was woeful.

I will just say though, I am not digging him out alone, most of our starting 11 are way off what is expected in the Premier League. 

I thought Ndidi and Barnes were particularly poor last night.  Ndidi’s performance was arguably forgiveable, but Barnes. 

I felt sorry for Luke Thomas last night.  Barnes gave him no support at all (especially in the first half). Thomas had to deal with Fulham’s RW & RB. Mitrović was also constantly drifting to the left side of the penalty box. A more experienced LB would of gave Barnes a bollocking and tell him to do his (defensive) job!!!!

Also in the first half. Barnes was constantly facing the wrong way. He’s neither got the skill or strength to play with his back facing goal. It seemed to me that he wasn’t prepared to do the dirty work and run at their defence with the hope he’ll get a chance. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 1