Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

Listen mate I don’t care how many went to the game last night ( I didn’t go as I couldn’t make it & I am a season ticket holder) 

My major concern at present is our premiership position ( I’m watching the villa game tonight)  just took a look at the table currently & I’m shocked, foxes desperately need heavy investment in this transfer window which I know isn’t going to happen. I understand we ain’t at the halfway stage in games played just yet however if we fail to improve our injury hit squad ( which won’t be easy ) I honestly believe we’ll struggle to stay in the premiership without a doubt. Without being biased I thought we deserved at least a point last night after watching it & felt Gutted when the full time whistle blew. Top your need to put ur hand in ya pocket , also understand that players will need to be sold to bring players in because of squad numbers & FFP , but we really need upgrades, I don’t have to say this as we all know it WE SHOULD NOT BE LOSING TO FULHAM AT HOME 

• Like 1

May I just add ( forgot to mention) rumours circulating Leicester are looking for a striker , Leeds are looking at che adams , why aren’t we in for him ? Does my head in to think Leicester born & bred ( know his family very well ) Beaumont leys lad, he’d do well down here & love it, we’ll never be able to sign someone like Rashford or Martial & che is our level of striker who we could sign , he’s young he scores and he’s a player who wants to play as you see it in his gameplay. Just a thought 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
36 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

May I just add ( forgot to mention) rumours circulating Leicester are looking for a striker , Leeds are looking at che adams , why aren’t we in for him ? Does my head in to think Leicester born & bred ( know his family very well ) Beaumont leys lad, he’d do well down here & love it, we’ll never be able to sign someone like Rashford or Martial & che is our level of striker who we could sign , he’s young he scores and he’s a player who wants to play as you see it in his gameplay. Just a thought 

Che Adams is nowhere near good enough imo

1 hour ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Championship striker. Maybe next season.

2 hours ago, Big Blue Maff said:

I don’t have to say this as we all know it WE SHOULD NOT BE LOSING TO FULHAM AT HOME 

...well organised and drilled team!!!

They all know there job and let us back into the game after they had scored by tossing the ball into our box instead of playing through our defence. Their new nanager has elevated them since taking over.

Like the look of their #4, he shadowed Vardy all night and had a good turn of pace.

19 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Did u watch the game , if so he never made any effort to get back , he let him go , if cags got cut because he missed a tackle than Thomas should be looking at the same 

No, I didn't watch the game, but a player should, in all fairness, be assessed on his/her run of performances. Singling out, in particular, a young player, who has been called upon out of necessity at several points by a desperate manager, and has regularly made a fist of it, seems to me to be nit picking.

The team's the thing and if Rodgers can't permutate the talented players he has to field an effective team, then he should be answering why individuals aren't working well together.

I'm not sure why you're referencing Söyüncü. Seems to me that a valuable resource is being wasted because of issues other than his technical standard - which, at one time, was excellent. Good managers incentify players to create good teams.

You could tell Luke Thomas he has to do better but you have to tell why he's underperforming and then tell him how to improve. But how good any player is interdependent on the blokes around him.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

That one through ball aside I thought he was poor last night with an over tendency to play back rather than ahead and failing to make runs forward to receive the ball when the option was on. But what really disappointed me was him jogging around rather than looking to close a player down and put them under pressure. Hopefully, just a temporary lack of confidence but he looks well off PL standard at present 

He's not an isolated case. More and more it appears that everything stems from Maddison. Neither Tielemans nor Soumare bring his level of commitment, responsibility or consistency with them. Credit or criticism where it's due, but I've never witnessed a side whose ups and downs are so unpredictable.

• Like 1