Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

Another game where we haven’t been beaten by our opponent but lost against ourselves. Another Amartey mistake that Brendan won’t get asked about. 

We have a mixture of players that are too slow on the ball and lack ability or awareness that cause our goals conceded (Amartey, Thomas, Ndidi) and others that try and over play and miss out easiest chances (Barnes/Perez) 

• Like 2

The lack of quality and decision making in the final third in this squad week after week is atrocious. Serious investment needs to be put into this team urgently or we are in deep trouble. Another point, Wilfried Ndidi is absolutely fcking pony. You CANNOT have someone playing central midfield who is as shit and clumsy on the ball as he is, you are just setting yourself up to fail. Mendy should be starting every week  

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3

Guest Kopfkino

Not a game we should have lost but you can’t start so lethargically. Another game where we’ve had no control in the first 25 mins and come unstuck because of it. Couldn’t keep the ball and didn’t press well enough when we lost it. 

Tielemans superb after the goal and deserved a goal for dragging the rest of them along but you can’t ignore he’s a big part of the problem with the goal.

A grim winter ahead with injuries mounting. Ambivalent on the manager, absolutely certain this squad needs major surgery and I’m not convinced the club has the guts for it

Sometimes you have games where you can’t finish, their keeper does well and your luck isn’t in 

but you keep a clean sheet and draw 0-0 

the loss is on our awful defending - from amartey’s poor decision to pass to wilf, his poor control, youri’s standing off Willian, faes getting caught under the ball and Thomas not having the nouse to cover around ….. it’s truly dreadful ….

• Like 1

So easy to defend against. Just defend safely and take no risks and we ain't scoring unless it's a worldie.

Perez somehow manages to be our most threatening player yet the worse player on the pitch at the same time. 

Vardy is finished, doesn't even look bothered, offers no focal point and no pass. 

I don't I've ever seen a team worse than us at chasing the game in the late stages. 

Just now, Mike1983 said:

If we don't batter Forest again we deserve to be relegated, Villa should also be a win, the rest looks tough, even Brighton is looking class these days.

Absolutely no way we beat Villa. They are miles better than us right now. We will be lucky to beat Gillingham

• Like 1

Just now, lcfcdamo said:

Spot on 1 player with a football brain youri literally couldn't of done any more second half 

It's not that we need so much as a better work ethic and doing the basics right. We can't expect flashes of brilliance to win games if we're leaking like a sieve and collapsing under pressure.

Genuinely, I think we go down this season. The team isn’t good enough, we have two creative players in Maddison and Tielemans, the former is injured and the latter turns up 1 in 3. I’m not even sure what the game plan is anymore, these little one-two’s we play are so half-hearted and never find their man. We spent half the game today with Albrighton banging in balls to their centre backs. I’m not even sure 2 or 3 really good signings are helping us here because they will be surrounded by mediocrity and terrible tactics.

If by some miracle we get our arses in gear this squad will look so different next year and I’m not convinced we will get it right.

Dreading the forest game, lose that and he HAS to go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Kelchi came and did sweet **** all we need new signings and people out players sold asap

I'm sure all the available quality players will be biting at the bit to join us 😂...

Come to Leicester City and enjoy the long, hard slog against being relegated!!

• Sad 1

Just now, Ledecestre said:

It's not that we need so much as a better work ethic and doing the basics right. We can't expect flashes of brilliance to win games if we're leaking like a sieve and collapsing under pressure.

It does help tho having players that can actually pass the ball forward hes the only 1 that can 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I’m still coming away and thinking we should’ve won. Perez missed a sitter first half, Barnes and Vardy straight at the keeper when in on goal, Tielemans rocket, the save from Perez. We didn’t deserve to lose that. First half atrocious. Second half we battered them. 

If we could manage to do it for two halves of football we might be OK, but that's our big failing and why we're not getting anywhere. We always give ourselves too much to do.