Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I’m still coming away and thinking we should’ve won. Perez missed a sitter first half, Barnes and Vardy straight at the keeper when in on goal, Tielemans rocket, the save from Perez. We didn’t deserve to lose that. First half atrocious. Second half we battered them. 

We did deserve to lose. It isn't about misses it is about putting the ball in the net and keeping it out at the other end. We failed to do either and they did.

1 minute ago, lcfcdamo said:

Spot on 1 player with a football brain youri literally couldn't of done any more second half 

Exactly, we could offer him £1m a week and he’d still want to leave. Must be painful playing for this team right now if you have an ounce of talent.

*I acknowledge he’s had some stinkers too but I think a lot of that comes with being the only capable player (bar Maddison) in the squad. 

8 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Rodgers out. 

I’m not against him, but he’s the easiest part to change now. And something has to change.

Me too. I can’t/won’t defend him anymore, time to change. Just really worried we’ll get sucked into the southamptons, Watfords etc of poorly managed clubs that inevitably go down.

1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

Reset, reconfiguration, clearing of the decks and refocusing needed in the summer if we want to remain a Premier League club beyond 2024.

We're not going down this season, but if we're not careful, 2023-24 could easily be a repeat of 2001-2002. 

Why do you think we aren’t going down?

Thought we deserved better from that. Apart from the first 20 minutes, where we looked completely lost, we were the better team even with our injury ravaged squad. Created enough chances to win that, but combination of good goalkeeping, poor finishing and a bar decided otherwise.

Rough times. Heads up people; we won the flippin league and the FA Cup in recent memory and that will always be our memories. 

• Like 1

why oh why can’t we manage a single goal lead like that ?  They aren’t full of thirty y o plus players who have been around the block but they shithoused their way through the game, wasting time and buying stoppages in play - they sussed out that the ref was weak and played on it. 

we are so naive in comparison 

horrible to watch but they got the three points 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

Reset, reconfiguration, clearing of the decks and refocusing needed in the summer if we want to remain a Premier League club beyond 2024.

We're not going down this season, but if we're not careful, 2023-24 could easily be a repeat of 2001-2002. 

Every chance we will. 

Now to the negatives. 

Thomas. Apart from one glorious ball, he was terrible. Was targeted, is thick as anything. Out of position. 

N’Didi. Everything he did was terrible. Gave the ball away every time he tried to pass it more than 5 yards.  

The lack of intensity when trailing. Still trying to be intricate and play nice football. There was little urgency, apart from Tielemans. 

The ref. Very inconsistent. Failed to play an advantage for us when we were in a great position so he could book one of their players. Booked Leno late on for time wasting. Blew up 15 seconds before the minimum 7 minutes. 

• Like 1

How anyone can look at that team and think we’ve got near enough quality to be anywhere above the bottom 5 is beyond me.

The team out there atm is woeful, even with Maddison in the squad. There’s a reason we’ve been struggling for the past 18 months.

Could've won, had the chances, didn't win.......I don't ever expect us to win anymore before a match starts.....putting the effort in second half and/or when we're down simply isn't acceptable but that's what we do

Just now, st albans fox said:

why oh why can’t we manage a single goal lead like that ?  They aren’t full of thirty y o plus players who have been around the block but they shithoused their way through the game, wasting time and buying stoppages in play - they sussed out that the ref was weak and played on it. 

we are so naive in comparison 

horrible to watch but they got the three points 

We don't have the players or confidence to do it. That buck stops at management and coaching level. 

Always thought from Boxing Day performance we were going to have bad luck for a while but this just is ridiculous played awful got beat lost 0-3 played well didn’t concede to a Liverpool player but lost 2-1 to incredible own goals then we get 4 injuries in 2 games lose to a team we should have beaten 0-1 shows how we rely on a player like madders to get us through games but I’m sure we’ve pis5ed off the footballing gods somehow, surely our luck will return hoping we get a few fresh decent players in the coming days weeks to freshen up the side live on BBC Saturday in the FA Cup v Gillingham a potential banana skin we need to avoid but the big question is what’s going on at the club the injuries the negative performances etc?