Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

10 minutes ago, Milo said:

Second half was ok-ish, their keeper didn’t have a huge amount to do all game, though. 

Again, subs didn’t have any positive impact on the performance or result. 

that’s why Rogers doesn’t make any unless he has too. Squad is weak with current injuries.

Another season this goes down as “one of those days”, a smash and grab from the away side, frustrating but happens. Problem is it follows a farcical double own goal at Liverpool and an early capitulation vs Newcastle. Add the extra factor that each of those 3 games has seen an early injury (a double tonight K D-H didn’t even make it to minute “0”) and the absence of Talisman Madison and it’s harder to swallow, we’re waist high in it right now. Tonight was crucial, potentially Pivotal, very much win-able, it seems we let things happen to us, not nasty or bullish enough to avoid “those days”. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

why oh why can’t we manage a single goal lead like that ?  They aren’t full of thirty y o plus players who have been around the block but they shithoused their way through the game, wasting time and buying stoppages in play - they sussed out that the ref was weak and played on it. 

we are so naive in comparison 

horrible to watch but they got the three points 

I do understand this is a standard part of the game more than ever these days but I would rather lose than to win by those kind of tactics. 

Keeping it in the opposition corner, now that's fine, but faking head injuries multiple times is shameful no matter who's doing it. 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 2

We are a championship team…

If we got as many as 5/6 players in during the Jan window, it wouldn’t be enough..

BR was correct in the summer, we needed fresh faces..

take Maddison Youri and Faes out of that squad…not many teams would be queuing up to take any of our players 

• Like 1

Was going to take half day today, drive up and get home at 1 o'clock as usual for night matches. Good decision to leave 2 empty seats in the West Stand tonight. Not sure whether I'll bother with many more this season. The world is shite enough as it is without adding Leicester City to it. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Now to the negatives. 

Thomas. Apart from one glorious ball, he was terrible. Was targeted, is thick as anything. Out of position. 

N’Didi. Everything he did was terrible. Gave the ball away every time he tried to pass it more than 5 yards.  

The lack of intensity when trailing. Still trying to be intricate and play nice football. There was little urgency, apart from Tielemans. 

The ref. Very inconsistent. Failed to play an advantage for us when we were in a great position so he could book one of their players. Booked Leno late on for time wasting. Blew up 15 seconds before the minimum 7 minutes. 

We get a ref who has his first PL game to officiate how did he get 7 min ffs with all Fulham’s time wasting their players going down easily feigning injury, the head injury stoppages was well in excess of at least 12 minutes ? mind you we probably wouldn’t have scored if we played an extra 15 minutes !!

We are now truly seeing the gross mismanagement from top down setting in.

European campaigns made top brass fill the squad with dross on big money, can’t shift them - don’t play them. The squad is imbalance, key players have left, are leaving or are past it. Even if we stay up, a transition on the magnitude needed is a tall order.

In other words, the party’s over.

• Like 3

We're nailed on bottom 5, but I'd snap your hands off for 16th or 17th right now. This football club's regression has been astonishing. And it could yet get so much worse. A bloated squad full of crap and the best players just waiting to jump ship. Is anyone within the club strong enough to call this out?

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I do understand this is a standard part of the game more than ever these days but I would rather lose than to win by those kind of tactics. 

Keeping it in the opposition corner, now that's fine, but faking head injuries multiple times is shameful no matter who's doing it. 

I expect someone at PGMOL will have a word with them over that because it’s exploiting  player welfare regs - but it won’t help us